rhyme

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Reaction score
First Language
body language
Primarily Uses

Full Download!

Data folder for Study Purposes

Dusk Garden's dungeon now open to everyone!

Something is stirring deep underground, and you have been called to aid the city in investigating this phenomenon.

---

we present to you: Subterranean Starfield!

Guide 4 party-members around exploring the depths under the city, and reveal it's secrets! There are many dangers ahead, but fame and riches await you at the end! Defeat powerful foes and conquer the harsh environment! Just be careful, don't die in the process!

Subterranean Starfield is a:

~kawaii style dungeon crawler~

with emphasis on dungeon crawling and cute monsters and character attachment!

• Play a team of 4 randomly chosen from 8 cute and cool characters!
Every Game begins with 4 out of 8 possible characters, meaning a different strategy and build may be needed per new playthrough! Your experience with the game is different from everyone else's in many ways!

• Fight with all your might! And that might is really mighty!
Using Extra Step, all your characters can act twice in one turn! Set up the most devastating combo, or turn around a desperate battle to a winning one with one trump card!

• Shape your party to be the best!
Each character has their own unique skill set, along with the ability to subclass a more generic class, allowing any party with any character to be as versatile as each other! Use their strong points and figure out the best combinations!

• Play it to your own rules!
Customizing your difficulty may change just how you play! Pick what you like and what you don't, and play the way you want it!

Last edited by a moderator:

B.Ultimus

Drinker of Coffee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Can't wait to play!  Tried the lite version and absolutely loved it! 

THIS AIN'T YOUR GRANDMA'S RPG.

Check it out!

Nathan Frost

... only the world's greatest Secret Agent.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Lovely game, great aesthetics, sublime sounds and music, a must play dungeon crawler for any RM fan. :)

Liak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I, too, liked the Lite version very much. :) Great to see this new version!

B.Ultimus

Drinker of Coffee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So a couple of questions that pop up since I started playing

• I like to alt-enter to bring the game to full screen.  When I do, however, it just keeps a small box in the center of the screen (I have a 28" monitor).  Is there a full screen mode?
  • The game seems to be a little more laggy then v.1... what are the system requirements?
  • I can exit out of the game unless I just close the window box...was there an options menu that I missed?

Liak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
It's quite laggy for me, too, at least in the town. :/

Another question I have is, where do I find that options menu on the screenshot above? It said something about Shift in the game, but it doesn't do anything for me.

B.Ultimus

Drinker of Coffee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Same with the shift difficulty.

In addition, the game is laggy on the map.  Battles are smooth as silk.

Nathan Frost

... only the world's greatest Secret Agent.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oh yeah, the frame rate is around 2-16FPS most of the time, which isn't a TOTAL bother if you have a faster PC.

rhyme

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Reaction score
First Language
body language
Primarily Uses
Same with the shift difficulty.

In addition, the game is laggy on the map.  Battles are smooth as silk.
It's quite laggy for me, too, at least in the town. :/

Another question I have is, where do I find that options menu on the screenshot above? It said something about Shift in the game, but it doesn't do anything for me.
The difficulty menu is only accessible at the beginning of the game. A brief pause is present between selecting the pre-set difficulty modes and the game actually starting, and when shift is held during that time, it will present the custom difficulty menu.

Does the lag differ per map or is it constantly low FPS regardless of whether you're in a dungeon or not?

Bonkers

Get ready to be Wowed!
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The difficulty menu is only accessible at the beginning of the game. A brief pause is present between selecting the pre-set difficulty modes and the game actually starting, and when shift is held during that time, it will present the custom difficulty menu.

Does the lag differ per map or is it constantly low FPS regardless of whether you're in a dungeon or not?
I find the worst lag in town, and there are short delays at time on dungeon maps.  In battle and menu everything functions perfectly smooth.

Susan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
No idea...
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A real gem!

- Beautiful drawn portraits and pictures.
- Lovely, dreamy music.
- Loads of additional content since the original game.
- Nice implementation of the battle rate system.
- Nice touch that players will find items just by exploring rather than having to poke at everything. Really helps in keeping the player immersed in the game.
- This is great pick-me-up game for mobile devices. I'd definitely go along paying for it if it ever comes out on one.
- Super challenging dungeons & battles towards the end.

Bugs(?) :
- At the beginning of the game, selecting 'About the dungeon' option with Lady Tahari turns up nothing.
- 1st dungeon music fades at the end of the loop.
- 'Frog Barf', 'Hot Bettle Horn' & 'Ball of Spikes' are consumable outside battles.
- Empty spaces sometimes appear when obtaining items after winning a battle.
- There is an impassable tree blocking a wooden chest on 14F.
- The player can walk through a vertical wall on 16F & 18F.
- After saying 'Yes' to rhyme, the conversation box stays on screen indefinitely.
- 'Bulletstorm' seems to target only one random enemy & hit for 4 times instead of 4 random enemies.
- The teleporting tile NW of the descending stairs on 16F warps to a chest then warps back to a different tile.
- A tree separating the two teleporters just before the descending stairs on 19F allows passability.
- If the player continues down the dungeon without returning to Lady Tahari after defeating the second boss, and returns to report to her after defeating the boss on 20F, they will see someone who is not supposed to be around.
- Also, the subsequent quests in the log will not be turned off properly.
- 'Unlimited Power' in 24F turns into 'Immunity'.
- A few typos.
Overall, an excellent, well thought out dungeon crawler reminiscent of a certain DS series.

Liak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Freakin' labyrinthe!!1 ( :D )

(Is there any trick to it? I'm stuck for, like, a very long time.)

B.Ultimus

Drinker of Coffee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

It's all over the place for me, and I have a laptop with a quad core processor, 8 gbs of ram, and an Nvidia Geforce GT 650M :/

Unsure what changed, because the Lite version ran perfectly fine.

rhyme

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Reaction score
First Language
body language
Primarily Uses
Thank you~ Most should be addressed. If it's not an issue, could you take a screenshot of the places where the player can walk on walls?

It's all over the place for me, and I have a laptop with a quad core processor, 8 gbs of ram, and an Nvidia Geforce GT 650M :/

Unsure what changed, because the Lite version ran perfectly fine.
I've updated the download, (check the opening post for the data only download) and it should increase the performance on map even if it's by a bit. It also includes a lot of the fixes to the issues mentioned in the previous posts!

B.Ultimus

Drinker of Coffee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks rhyme.  Things looked good in the inn.  I moved down, and went off screen to exit the inn (unsure if that's how it works)

Got an error that crashed the game once I was outside

Hope this helps!

Susan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
No idea...
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@rhyme :

Sure thing! I took the shots with a phone. Do you want me to post them here or send them to you via PM?

Edit: sorry, didn't mean to double post. My connection went off and I rewrote my reply. I hope a moderator can delete one of my replies. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
--- Equipment Microtransaction ---

M.Knight: How much this item?
Merchant: 79.99 REAL Money
(After Do Transaction In Real World)
Merchant: Thanks,come back again!
(In Distand)
M.Knight: (Smile With Regret) Goodbye...My Dream Console And PC Gaming
Hello folks, I'm an old member deciding to reenter the forum. Greetings :D
When a parent (of a less than adult aged child) is like
"Oh, I'm like a friend to my child. We're friends."
I'm like
"Oh, that kid's gonna suck...."
Baby tiger gets a belly rub! ^.^
Ami
--- Friendship System ---

(F.Mage and F.Healer's FP is 100)
F.Mage: We did it! we can beat the monster easily!
F.Healer: With the Friendship System,we got stronger thanks to you F.Mage (Hugging)
F.Mage: (Blushing) Ahh...don't say like that. we are Best Friend Forever.
(In Distand)
M.Mage: They look happy...
M.Healer: Yeah...always like that...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grimthejester