Kaelan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Getting the same crash as B. Ultimus. Tried playing through the initial part of the games multiple times to double-check and it happens every time after you exit the Inn.

rhyme

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Reaction score
First Language
body language
Primarily Uses
The opening post has been updated (again) with the data file updated for the crashes and problems occurred from the previous patch.

Anyway I hope this should fix any issues, sorry for the problems ;w;

Bonkers

Get ready to be Wowed!
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The opening post has been updated (again) with the data file updated for the crashes and problems occurred from the previous patch.

Anyway I hope this should fix any issues, sorry for the problems ;w;
The lag is gone, and so far I am not encountering any delay.  I'll continue to see if I can make the signpost trip out again.

TMS

Guy with Mask
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Played a little bit of the game tonight. It throws players into the deep end, but that's as advertised. The action in battles seems to go by kind of fast - there's so much information on the screen and it disappears so quickly that I kind of just have to watch the fireworks and then check health bars when the dust settles to see what happened. I think, though, that this kind of fast pace is common in Ace games.

For the rest, the graphics are nice and the music is beautiful.

Liak

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
[...] I kind of just have to watch the fireworks and then check health bars when the dust settles to see what happened.
Quoted for nice expression. :) It's true, the battle is fast. I, personally, am okay with that. Maybe see it as something to do in battle, taking the challenge of following the action? :p

Last edited by a moderator:

TMS

Guy with Mask
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I don't know, the game's challenging enough as it is. lol

Kaelan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Spent a little while playing the game after the early game crash got fixed. I love it, it's been a ton of fun so far - and I don't usually like dungeon crawlers. Keep up the good work!

A few notes:

* Graphics

[SIZE=13.63636302948px]  - Thousand Strikes and Thousand Strikes+1 are piercing techs but have icons corresponding to [/SIZE]range techs.

- There's a single water auto-tile at the bottom portion of 9F, just sitting in the middle of a room.

* Text

- The description for Breathing Exercise says it healls all allies but the icons under the description say [One Ally]

- The description for Regenerate says it heals one ally but the icons under the description say [All allies]

- The description for Shelter and Shelter+1 indicate they increase Defense, but the icons under it don't have any [Defense Boost X%] entries.

* Misc odd, confusing or unintutive things

- In most horizontal character selection menus, choices are scrolled with the left/right keys. However, in the dualclassing character selection menu, it's only possible to scroll using up/down.

- Most skill descriptions refer to your "Mana" as MP, but the Learnings window displays Magia cost as "SP Cost". 

- When you rest, the game only displays the HP/MP windows for characters that have less than full HP. I imagine this is intentional, but it looks a bit odd if you have 3 damaged characters and single character's HP window is just missing, or if you're resting to restore MP but have full HP.

* Typos: 

- Brandistock description ("soneone's")

- Primula description (extra period)

- Quilt Top description (missing period)

- Hunter's Cloak [SIZE=13.63636302948px]description [/SIZE]("clothes" capitalized)

- Brigandaine => Brigandine

- Cheese, Dumpling Skewer descriptions ("partymembers")

- Both the ability name and ability description of Smeeping Gas are mispelled as "Sleeping".
About the battle log: it[SIZE=13.63636302948px] goes by so fast, it's sometimes hard to keep track of who did[/SIZE][SIZE=13.63636302948px] what. It's easier to tell when everyone is using different skills, but when people are just attacking it can be hard to tell exactly what happened. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=13.63636302948px]I think it would be easier to read the log in those cases if the sword icons shown when you display[/SIZE][SIZE=13.63636302948px] "Name [icon]attacks." were instead the icon of the weapon that character is [/SIZE][SIZE=13.63636302948px]currently using.[/SIZE]

Chaos Avian

Abyssal Wing
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This may be my favourite RM game ever so far! I'm a real Etrian Odyssey fan so I'm absolutely loving this! The harsh dungeon crawling, intense fast paced battles and the dread of the next encounter! I feel like I'm playing EO3 with permadeath and killing poison xD

The music and graphics are amazing. Cute artwork and serene beautiful field music with intense and driving battle themes (again the awesome Etria flavour :3) I thank all of you for this~

B.Ultimus

Drinker of Coffee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
There we go!  Still a slight lag, but nothing unbearable.  Love this game, had a chance to play some more (I kept restarting until I didn't get the chick who was week against physical attacks XD )

All in all, it's wonderful.  I can spam through floor one with regular attacks, but the moment Fairies and Vipers come into play, that's when I know to bust out the big guns.  I like the ability customization.  I have a lot of weapon/armor choices, which is kind of overwhelming to me though x.x;

Wonderful title though. :)

Apples

are overrated
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Taglish
Primarily Uses
Thank you for this really wonderful dungeon crawler, rhyme. I've been playing it nonstop last night and I'm liking the Sniper class so much. I noticed a typing error in one of the sniper's skills which is Daze Trigger. It's supposed to target all enemies but the description indicates it only targets one enemy. Made me think twice to get it. I haven't really gone far to the game just yet so I can't say much except the fact that I still haven't found rhyme in-game and I'm already in the Labyrinth.

Another thing to note is the music, it's really getting me hyped up during each battles whether it be an encounter or a boss battle. Good job!

Susan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
No idea...
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Archeia :

In the game, or in the forums?

Either way, I guess it is an eventuality. ^^

Apples

are overrated
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Taglish
Primarily Uses
I believe she is talking about a quest in-game where you are requested by an NPC named Nessiah to find rhyme, the developer herself. (.w.)

Faye Valentine

The Mapgician
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Played it a couple days, i'm currently in floor 4 of Abyssal Forest. Here are my thoughts so far:

Pros:

+Nice mechanics

+Graphics (drawings and UI) are awesome

+Battles are entertaining

+Dynamic gameplay

+Not difficult, not easy. Balanced overall (which is good)

Cons:

-Mapping is bad. The maps have lots of mistakes but besides that, it feels pretty empty and... i don't know how to say it. It's just bad, could be a lot better since you made use of Celianna tilesets. It's a dungeon crawler, yes, but still.

-Everything is too damn expensive. To earn decent money you have to grind like a psycho, but that doesn't cares because items, armours and weapons have HIGH costs... you either buy general items (potions, mp replenisher, keys or campkits) or you buy equipment.

-This is more personal. I don't like that "random party" system... at all. It would be way better if we, players, could configure our party, that would be more dynamic. You can't let important things like that be decided by luck... for example, i made a mistake and lost the tank of my team (i don't remember his name now but i think it was a blonde guy)... i paid 500C (or whatever the currency is named. I don't remember it now) which is a lot, btw, to get a new member... what i get? another mage, Sordis. The party is not balanced right now... i have Felicia which deals cool damage, i have Tyrund which deals nice damage too (none of them have resistances), Pastelle (which is the healer and that's cool) aaaand Sordis. 

If i had to rate this... hmmm... 6/10. A nice game overall, i enjoy it, but it has it's flaws.  

Note: this is what i'm talking about:

Kaelan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Don't really agree with the last bit, I think the whole point of the skill system is to allow you to make each character do what you want and play off each others' strengths. I started with Gerhard / Felicie / Sordis / Randell. Made Gerhard tank, Felicie heal, Sordis into an Arcanist and Randell into a Crawler. [SIZE=13.63636302948px]Gerhard/Felicie cast buffs and heal while [/SIZE]Sordis and Randell add status effects to things, then do eleventy-billion damage to anything that has status effects on it.  

Eventually I got tired of trying to keep Provoke/Aggravate up, and just started letting Randell tank everything, since for some reason 9/10 enemies want to murder him. Tossed him the best armor I had, moved Gerhard to healing/support and off they go. Sordis usually ended up being my highest damage dealer.

I think the party mechanics are fine as is, there's a ton of flexibility in there, and the game isn't so rigid with the battles as to force you to use The One True Party Setup or die. The beginning is a bit rough since you have fewer resources to work with, but I think it's mostly fine after the first boss.

The money thing is a valid complaint, I think. If you EX clear the bosses, you'll have plenty, but if you don't, it's pretty hard to not always be low on cash, even if you fight a ton of battles.

Susan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
No idea...
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The random party selection thing might put some people off. While I do agree that some choice should be given to create your own party, I pretty much enjoyed the random party mechanism. You'd have to strategize your battles properly according to the resources you have been given.

Plus, you get to dual-class not that much later in the game, giving you more flexibility and control over the development of your characters.

I never thought money was an issue due to :

1) the game being a dungeon crawler - the idea is to explore the 'dungeon', fight enemies, find loot, etc.

2) the enemies drop lots of 'loot'. Those can be sold for a lot of cash.

3) due to the nature of the game, a person should explore the dungeon, return to town, sell useless items, restock, head back to the dungeon, rinse & repeat. (Technically the same as 1 but, yeah).

Ever played Diablo?

Faye Valentine

The Mapgician
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The random party selection thing might put some people off. While I do agree that some choice should be given to create your own party, I pretty much enjoyed the random party mechanism. You'd have to strategize your battles properly according to the resources you have been given.

Plus, you get to dual-class not that much later in the game, giving you more flexibility and control over the development of your characters.

I never thought money was an issue due to :

1) the game being a dungeon crawler - the idea is to explore the 'dungeon', fight enemies, find loot, etc.

2) the enemies drop lots of 'loot'. Those can be sold for a lot of cash.

3) due to the nature of the game, a person should explore the dungeon, return to town, sell useless items, restock, head back to the dungeon, rinse & repeat. (Technically the same as 1 but, yeah).

Ever played Diablo?
No. Those "loot" items just give, at the much, around 200Ce, selling like 15~20 of it. The enemies don't drop it eveeeery time, you know.

And the cost of everything is still high. So, as i said, if you want decent money, grind like a psycho. I like to grind to make my character better, stronger, and have more equipment... not for just buy like 4 potions...

It's my opinion though, Don't think i'm whining or something xD it's just my point of view since i have played lots of RPG Maker games and this is the first one where items are so expensive.

No, i haven't played Diablo.

Edit: and when they drop, they drop one per enemy, not multiple.

Susan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
No idea...
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nah, I don't think you are whining at all. It's just my opinion as well, Don't get me wrong. I apologize sincerely to you if I came across as being brash and rude. Your points are all valid.

When I saw the two above posts, I was just trying to make a comparison to another dungeon crawler I've played, and I've played plenty. Essentially most, if not all, dungeon crawlers operate that way - making you, as you stated, grind like a psycho, to earn EXP, items, and money.

The idea of dungeon crawlers is for you to spend 99% of your time in the 'dungeons' trying to survive getting from one place to another. You are supposed to spend your time doing the above.

Having a good backstory is just a plus.

Oh, and if you keep fighting in the dungeons without returning to town, your battle rewards increases. Sometimes you get more items than the amount of enemies you fought.

I love a lot of RM games here in the community. More to the point, selling over inflated priced items is not one of the things on their top priority list as a part of the game mechanism.

If you like dungeon crawlers, you really should try the original Diablo, ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

it took soooo long to get character assist to work right in my game. like certain fighting games, a team mate can hop in, do an attack, then leave. it works since these are all one on one fights (usually)
Honestly. Didn't sleep for a day. ONCE
Hi! I've been working on some character sprites for my pirate themed game.
Still somewhat new to pixel art, so feedback or inputs would be appreciated ^^
TRIVIA: I love Japanese food and culture! I've never been to Japan, but someday I'm going to go to Tokyo and do some touring, including Disneyland Tokyo and DisneySea! And I even prepared myself for earthquake safety.
The virus really doesn't want us to do this GameJam. v .v' Even if we don't meet the deadline because of it, still plan on making it a game we'll release.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MegaManX306