Success of a event trigger change in a tile image.

Emro84

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to change a tile image after a specific event.

Unfortunately, the switch is not activated despite having tried it several times.

Below is the explanation:

EV001

1) accept the fight *\option A*

2) after the victory, set the switch to #0001 Volcano as ON

3) display text "passed

EV002

1) Since switch condition #0001 is ON

2) Change the tile with the smoking volcano.

No luck.. so far.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!!

1593348661708.png

1593349095107.png

No luck.. so far.

Could you please help?

1593349236665.png

Attachments

fizzly

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Volcano graphic priority is set to below, map volcano tile (upper) is above (star symbol). You need to change priority on that page with volcano to "above", it changes, but now it's below default(empty) volcano graphic.

Emro84

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello Fizzly, thanks for the answer.

Unfortunately, even changing to "above" shows no change.
I changed the trigger to "parallel" because I think it's incorrect. Do you have any other suggestions?

1593356791212.png

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I changed the trigger to "parallel"
NEVER have a parallel or autorun without content - it will do nothing but create additional lag.
This is one of the worst mistakes you can make

I suggest you remove the tile from the map and make the event a two-page event, with one page of the inactive volcano and the other page of the active volcano, and switching between the pages.
that way layer priority doesn't count at all

Kuro DCupu

Trust me, I'm a veteran RMer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It should've worked when you put the event priority as above character.
Are you sure the switch is already turned on? Are you sure you win the battle and the word "passed" already appears?
Press F9 in the game to check it.

Since you show a bold idea of changing event trigger to parallel that easily, I'm afraid to learn that you have another parallel event going on over there...
NEVER use parallel when you don't know the danger of using it.
Maybe I should write a tutorial about it.

Riazey

Master of None
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah a little harsh but like the last two said parallel is a pretty hefty event run type.

Parallel basically makes it so it runs literally all the time, or continuously forever as long as you are on that map. Having a page running nothing continuously forever can cause lag/etc.

Autorun is pretty much the same, but will run and complete, before allowing the player to move after loading into the map.

----------------------------------

So I think the solution is like Andar put it, to give the event 2 pages one with no conditions set to the inactive volcano and one with the condition Switch 1 is ON set to the active volcano :kaopride:
Like kupo mentioned make sure your battle is recognizing the player won and displaying the "passed" text.

Finally I would also turn on direction fix! When you "talk"/use the action button on an event it naturally turns to face you, therefore changing its sprite. The active volcano sprite will then become something else. To stop it from turning toward the player have "Direction fix" checked in the bottom left.

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Put the Volcano Event next to the Volcano, thatway in testplay you can find out if its the event or
some bug with the graphic layer.

If you use a Maptile as Eventgraphic for an Event and if you set it to below characters, than that event
will use the passability setting of the tilesettile. But that should have nothing to do with this, just a side info.

Emro84

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hello and thanks everyone for the useful comments.

Unfortunately still no result.

1) the message "passed" is displayed when battle is won.

2) I applied the useful Andar's principle.
- EV002 - page 2 - "no-active" is display the tile correctly, alias the volcano without lava (when i load the game)
- EV002 - page 1 - "active" with condition (ON) .. still not displaying the change of the tile.

Below the actual configuration of the events.

1593367283183.png

1593367250710.png

1593367493253.png

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You are producing new Errors that have nothing to do with the original, sorry to say.

Eventpage priority, only highest eventpage number that is meeting its conditions is getting used as active eventpage.
No Conditions mean that its conditions are fullfilled. That means Page2 always runs no matter if page 1 condition is true or false. You would need to change the page order to solve this new error.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What Bex said. You need to do those pages the other way round.

Emro84

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
N/A
You are producing new Errors that have nothing to do with the original, sorry to say.

Eventpage priority, only highest eventpage number that is meeting its conditions is getting used as active eventpage.
No Conditions mean that its conditions are fullfilled. That means Page2 always runs no matter if page 1 condition is true or false. You would need to change the page order to solve this new error.
Thanks Bex. I was not aware of the highest eventpage priority!

Emro84

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thanks everyone for your help! much appreciate!

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Actualy your first shown example was also correct with only 1 Eventpage, i have no real clue why it did not work in the first Place, thats why i suggested the Test i mentioned, to pinpoint the error, else i would
explain 3 vague possible things and would write romans and in the end none of them was the cause =).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My old project is now a sitcom
How to do implementation the social politcal mechanics in rpg maker? Thank you for quick spark of ideas. Fear of going to the thread lol.
MerlinCross wrote on Switz's profile.
Not sure if you'll see this but I stumbled across your "Open Locker" sprite in a topic. Could I use those?
topic in question
Going to watch an episode of The Office and eat something after this little progress!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
U2M