Sudden frame drop and crashing

Neocat18

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been working on my game for a while now and everything has been fine up until this point. I'm working on a maze area where if you go the wrong way you get sent back to the beginning. (Think the Lost Woods in Ocarina) The problem is that as soon as I have the character step into the entrance, it goes from smooth to choppy as heck. The longer I stay in the area, the slower it gets until it crashes. Even if I leave the area the frame rate still suffers. I know it's not the events because they mostly transfer events nor it's the size of the map (19x15). The only thing I think it might be is the music event I have.

But what I'm confused about is that the music event is on every map, with switches turning it off and on depending on where you are going. And I've tested the map without the music event and it's STILL slow. I also tried the error log, but like I said, if I stay too long, it will crash and the error log closes along with it. I will provide screenshots if needed.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Send screenshots of your events, it must be a problem with one of them.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yes, your event 7 is set to parallel, this means that it will execute every 16 milliseconds... forever (while the switch is turned on).
You need to disable it after the music change is done

Neocat18

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Good to know. Strange that it's happening now. My other music events were set up like that and there was no frame drop. Either way, that fixed it! Thank you!

Edit: Also, I went and did this for all the others. I'll keep this in mind.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Strange that it's happening now.
lag is additive, and usually you only see the last event that adds to it when it suddenly appears. But dozens of events before that have also already added to lag - just not enough to get over the limit to be detectable.

It's like a glass of water filled with a spoon - you'll know the last spoon that was too much when it overflows, but that does not erase the hundreds of spoons added before the glass overflows.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I stumbled upon 2 articles about why time goes faster as we age, and how to "slow down time".
Check them out, very interesting read. :D
Faster Time
Slower Time
Anyone can recommend a good gaming mouse? My mouse wheel has given up. Last mouse was steel series diablo iii edition (I know, it's been a while)
And then I figured out a way to doing a "regular animation" that's affected by PIXI particles. So now each frame of the animation gets particle effects. Soon my dreams of a world without QSprite will be realized. :kaopride:
Currently every NPC in my RPG gets a name, its kinda useless to name all, but Its also cool, somehow.
Biggest prob is to come up with different names. xD
I'm back from my visit to my family. Was really great to see them again after a year even if I had to get tested for covid for the visit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kajohac685