ectorkid

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi all, I would appreciate if someone can shed some light on what's going on in my game that's causing a huge lag spike.
First of all, my game usually runs smoothly and completely fine without issue. For some reason, this event causes the game to dip all the way down to 7 fps, to the point where you cannot interact with other events on the map. I do not recall this happening while play-testing at all, it certainly didn't happen in older builds of the game. I also do not use "parallel eventing", as I haven't even touched it.

It occurs towards at the end of a cutscene, the cutscene does involve multiple switches so characters move and disappear properly, however those switches have always been there since the beginning and this lag hasn't happened until recently so I don't suspect the switches to be the case.

The lag happens right where the yellow arrow is pointed, and I have absolutely no idea why. I looked around the entire map for any event that might be off, but everything seems to be normal and exactly the same as I left it.
7NnZN5u.png

I looked at the F8 debug window and the in-game debug screen and nothing looked off at all. No errors no nothing. I would give more details but the truth is I just don't know what the heck to do. I also tried "preloader" plugins, none worked.
If someone could even hint at what could be the source of the problem I'd appreciate it very much.

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I don't see any obvious reasons that your game should be lagging from this event.

The only thing that comes to mind for me would be to try removing the "Wait" escape codes (\. \| etc.)from all messages in this event - not just the one message where the lag occurs - save, exit the program (optionally restart your computer), restart, test play, and see whether it helps. If so, there's probably a conflict of some sort between one of your plugins, and the normal wait-during-messages functionality in MV.

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I don't know if the case applies to MV's interpreter, but Ace's interpreter always reads one instruction ahead of the current one.
maybe that double \. is being processed twice, where "\." is "update while holding"..... so, double update of everything?

ectorkid

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't see any obvious reasons that your game should be lagging from this event.

The only thing that comes to mind for me would be to try removing the "Wait" escape codes (\. \| etc.)from all messages in this event - not just the one message where the lag occurs - save, exit the program (optionally restart your computer), restart, test play, and see whether it helps. If so, there's probably a conflict of some sort between one of your plugins, and the normal wait-during-messages functionality in MV.
I tried this, even though the "\." are everywhere throughout the game. It did not do anything. Also, the game seems to lag after the specified event now..

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I see the end of the event turns on a self switch. What's page 2 (assuming that's what's used by self switch A) look like?

ectorkid

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I see the end of the event turns on a self switch. What's page 2 (assuming that's what's used by self switch A) look like?
q02jA1n.png

It looks like this, anything wrong?

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nope, looks fine. At this point then, the only thing I can think of is some sort of plugin conflict. Sorry! :(

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

7DcJlIG.png

Made a lot of progress on the tileset for the more sumptuous interior areas for the priory
I keep thinking up of new changes or improvements... Edit: Forgot to add the image Gimpwork.JPG
Hello, my nickname is Rigomor, but I am also known as Mopsikus. I work on RPG Maker games, and are currently working on a game called Peony of War.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Varlen