Suddenly getting email alerts for every thread I post in regardless of preferences

Philosophus Vagus

The drunken bird dog of rpg maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For some reason I have been receiving email notifications every single time that any thread I have previously posted in has a new post, this has only been going on for one day so far, but because these forums are fairly active and my phone chimes every time I get an email it has gotten rather annoying rather quickly, especially since I've been waiting on a specific text all day today.

I've never had this problem before today, when I opened my account I specifically unchecked the box under preferences that asks whether I want email alerts and my first thought was that maybe an update or something removed those preferences but when I check them the box is still unchecked as you can see below. Sorry if I'm just missing another box somewhere, looked all around my profile and cannot see anywhere else that's set up to send me emails like that.

Caleb.png

Just been getting emails nonstop from here today, whereas up until today the only emails I've received have been occasional promotions and things I actually don't mind getting.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have no idea why this is suddenly happening to you, but I can understand the frustration. The only thing I can think to try right now is to also uncheck that "Automatically watch threads" bit and see if that helps, even if it's used as a temporary fix.

taarna23

Marshmallow Princess
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I have no clue either... you could also try enabling the email thing and saving the changes, then disabling it again.

starlight dream

Loving life...One dream at a time
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN, EL, FR
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
When I write a reply, if I click "More Options..." instead of "Post Reply" it takes me on a page that says OPTIONS underneath my post, where there is a checkbox for "receive email notifications".

You can try it and see if that box is checked? :unsure:

EDIT:
There is also a Alert Preferences section for your profile

https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?account/alert-preferences

Philosophus Vagus

The drunken bird dog of rpg maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I ended up just disabling email alerts from my phone, seems like @starlight dream was onto something because going back on some of the threads that are suddenly sending email notifications under options the "receive email notifications" box is checked for them, but since in a lot of those instances it has been months since I'd participated in those threads and I still don't know what caused the forum to suddenly flag them as such it's easier just to stop the notifications on my end for now than to seek out and edit each and every one when the same thing might just happen again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

xDRAGOONx wrote on WaywardMartian's profile.
Your artwork is amazing!!!
:ewat:
Stream will be live shortly with a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
I should finish the cat video I'm editing and finish the indesign stuff. So far only 1 is done and 4 to go
Made a video showcasing 56 plugins I've installed and used in the first 5 minutes of my game. (No battle related plugins involved.) :LZScheeze:

being able to transition music seamlessly is amazing. my main character's theme has lyrics and it goes from vocal version to istrumental when he leaves his room. and vice versa. and thanks to a plugin, the transition is seamless. I love it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KyonStop