Llareian

Jack of All Trades, Master of None
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is ultimately related to the post Request to modify a forum rule. It was in that post that @Andar clarified a point on the 30-day necroposting ban:

You misunderstood the reason and the extend of that rule.

It is targeted at support questions and if you checked other areas you would have seen that it is not applied to presentation type topics. No one stops you from posting in topics where scripts or plugins are presented, to name one example.
I had no idea this was the case!

The rule (as written) is:
4. Do NOT post disruptively. This includes, but is not limited to, double posting (posting directly underneath yourself, this is only allowed if 72 hours have passed since your last post), offtopic posts, spamming (which can include one-liners or one-word posts), necroposting (posting in a thread that has been dead for over 30 day), thread hijacking (posting in another person's thread with your own questions/resources etc. that leads the focus away from the OP and onto you), or removing your own posts (so that the thread becomes unreadable).
Can I suggest that if the rule is only intended to be enforced in support forums, that the General Forum Rules page be modified to indicate that? There have been many times I've wanted to post in tutorials, resources, or plugin releases but have stopped myself because, according to the rules, it would be necroposting. I haven't even been able to find any indication in the individual forums' rules that states necroposting is allowed there. I think clarifying in General Forum Rules would help avoid confusion.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Wait I'm confused. Please step by step me. I just came from intense mental workload.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wait I'm confused. Please step by step me. I just came from intense mental workload.
There is no necroposting in a presentation type topic. For example yanfly's has several years-old topic presenting his Ace scripts, and if some one posts a question in there how we don't close them and don't call it necroposting.

True necroposting is usually in topics where people ask for help with bugs in their projects.

However, the original rules are still phrased as if every post in an old topic is a necroposting.
Mlogan modified that in some topics, but can't change it in the Main help area

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ah I see. So the general topic rules is already fixed and I just need to update the help tab. Got it.

Llareian

Jack of All Trades, Master of None
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks, @Andar @mlogan and @Archeia ! This is much clearer now.

(What a beautiful new avatar, Archeia!)

I will report the OP so the thread can be closed.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Made a surprising amount of progress in these past two days. Really helps when parallax mapping breaks limitation and allowing me to be creative and make maps that match my vision.
Let's promote our amazing artists in RPG Maker community! I posted right now about my game Phil Alone on Twitter and I decided to thanks Lime Zu, the amazing artist that did all the pixel assets for my game!
I just realised that the reason behind me not being able to make a game may be the lack of my original resources. I just dont like the look of MV faces and sprites, lol. Guess I will have make my own art.
I'm posting a commission art soon! :kaoswt2:
So here's a fun/tragic fact about me: I have an awful memory. But to be correct, I have memory "leaks". My memory is actually amazing, my issue is I can't keep memories for long, in fact, I once forgot my name. :kaoswt2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoldSilver