Suggested Script Tutorials

amerk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Okay, I'm not even sure if it's possible to teach somebody about scripts, beyond what's already out there. If not, then forgive my ignorance. Also, I'm pretty sure this is the right place for suggestions, but not sure if it's too early to offer suggestions.

But anways:

We have a variety of tutorials on any given site. Probably some of the best ones came from the VX site, especially with Aindra's RPG Maker VX School.

What I'm curious to know is if anybody thought of doing something similar for scripts. It would be a lot easier doing a sort of show and tell script write than it would be to cover everything about Ruby and coding, although more complexed script writes probably would need to know this.

My thought would be to start a tutorial series, beginning with small minor tweaks on existing scripts, and explanations as to why something is written a certain way, what the language means, and how we can adjust these. There could even be a sort of "homework" option for the students that has them create a certain change in their scripts, but let them do it for themselves based on what they were taught.

Then we could advance to some more complicated changes with existing scripts, to making some very minor script writes, and maybe even some complicated ones, if possible.

Anyways, that was just a thought, and as I mentioned above it may or may not be practical.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Just laid down a sick nasty new post in the MagiCats! Infinite Sadness thread! Lemme give ya a big ol' hug for it.

bg6.jpg
MacAdams wrote on Frogboy's profile.
Hey is there an MZ set of D&D style plugins yet?
Wheel of Attacks.png

MORE GAMBLING THEMED ATTACKS!

I AM UNABLE TO STOP!
Is it ok to repost stuff that i've posted to threads in the status feed?
If so, here's art of Shiloh, the main protagonist of the game i'm making:20220807_181702.jpg
They are meant to be ambiguous in gender, like Frisk from Undertale or Gogo from FFVI. I haven't decided what their age will be yet. Any ideas?
Please comment what you think about the art and design!
ScreenShot_8_10_2022_7_15_21.png
Looks like Mike's got a new party member in Robbi...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DieKleineSonne