Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Description of the Feature:
Basically add plugin parameter typings like @element, @stype, @etype, @wtype, @atype for elements, skill types, equipment types, weapon types, armor types. We can access almost everything from the database except these.

Mockups:
Old:

* @param Element
* @type number
*/
1599366108939.png

Suggestion:
* @param Element
* @type element
*/

1599366586235.png
Sorry if it does look wierd. I am just not good at picture editing.

Why is this feature good?
This is good feature, because it makes not only plugin development based on these types, but also plugin usage of such develop plugins easier:
Currently it is extremely tedious for plugin developers to write extended functionality based on the database's "types" tab and these plugins are also quite difficult to use for the plugin users aswell.
I see three options we currently have now:
1. Create just a number plugin parameter: Users may have to go back to there database or any reminder they've written to look up which one was "Darkness" or "Sword" or "Healing Skills" again. May not be an issue at games with a low amount of types.
2. Add complex notetags to the names directly in database tab, e.g. Ice<Effects:{AddState:{Name:Frozen,Chance:0.1}}>
That we need to parse and remove from the name before it is displayed anywhere, which makes the plugin code and usage very complex.
3. Create a parameter of type string, where the user has to enter the name: At least typing errors may happen here.
With option 1 and 3 we also have to check whether a type with this id or name really exists, unless we want errors like 'cannot access ... of undefined' to happen.
With the new feature the parameters will be bound to the amount of types the user has created in the database, which prevents such errors to begin with.

Possible issues with this feature?
Issues that might arise from this feature:
  • Developer friendliness
  • User friendliness
  • No unnecessary errors, because of typing mistakes etc.

rpg_el

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yup :thumbsup-left: I also have a plugin for my game right now to lock a certain equip slot via event command (rather than just via an applied effect state) which takes an equipment type from the "Types" tab, and I couldn't find a way to do it other than inputting it as raw number. It works but it's a bit clumsy to use, so I would definitely like and use this addition myself.

Edit: the @type names could be "@type element", "@type skillType", "@type weaponType", "@type armorType", and "@type equipmentType".

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Making Houses and Outside on the same map with RPG Maker MV!
Do people actually use buff/debuff function?
Ami

Imagine you (as Miner) Sleep in the Cave,the other side is a Bunch of Golds,how d'you feel?
finally got footage of my main character running around his corrupted street...
I finally got the ships and water to flow like I wanted to~ the canals are a success. Now to loop the animation for the kites. So many kites.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dangkykubetim