Zaven

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I don't know if this is intended, but if an event has no image and one is added later, the priority is automatically set to "same as character", regardless of what is actually set. Brief explanation: That turned out to be quite annoying for me, because I wanted to give the map transitions a little animation ("stepping", "direction fix", "image" added - "priority" was "same as character" everywhere). After changing over a hundred events, I noticed that the priority changes automatically and I had to go through all the events again. Incidentally, when changing an already existing image, the priority is retained.

rpg_el

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Can you explain what happens in more detailed steps? Like, is this something where in the editor the priority reverts, or is it when the game runs? And what was it before? (You mentioned an example where it seemingly was already "same as character", so that wouldn't be a change to "same as character" - or did i read that wrong?)

Zaven

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Sorry for the mistake. I meant that the events where set to "below character" and it autochanges to "same as character". Its in the editor. I´ll add a screenshot and hope that it will do better as an explantation
Unbenannt.png

rpg_el

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ah, interesting! Maybe that is intended as a "helpful" feature, such that it defaults to "below character" for an invisible event (the devs probably assume it's most likely meant as a floor trigger) but changes to "same as character" when a beginner sets an image (the devs assuming it's most likely meant as NPC then, and beginners might forget to manually toggle priority)?

Nevertheless, it does seem a bit counter-intuitively sneaky, I agree. But this is I imagine what the reasoning behind this could be.

bobkelso121

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I found a bug, no zoom in and out while in the transfer player menu. vx ace has this feature, why not mz?

rpg_el

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@bobkelso121 please make a separate thread for this, this one is about a different issue (as you can see in the title)

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
I don't know if this is intended, but if an event has no image and one is added later, the priority is automatically set to "same as character", regardless of what is actually set. Brief explanation: That turned out to be quite annoying for me, because I wanted to give the map transitions a little animation ("stepping", "direction fix", "image" added - "priority" was "same as character" everywhere). After changing over a hundred events, I noticed that the priority changes automatically and I had to go through all the events again. Incidentally, when changing an already existing image, the priority is retained.
the engine is designed that way from previous maker...
mainly it's for helping the beginner if they forget to set that... in their concept... any event that have sprite mostly will be NPC...

also... if you choose the [tile] image ... it will Auto set to below character instead... :D

Zaven

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
rpg_el, estriole thank you both for the insightful answers. That makes sense, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

While was working on one of the monsters that will appear in my horor game I may have made harold a Lovecraftian monster. (I used his head to keep things aligned.)
Finally got my website fixed and the security sorted so it's been a productive day. Can I go to sleep now? I mean... I don't need to work right?
It's always a good idea to refresh yourself on what your plugins do. I'm working on a map with opening walls, and I was about to tear my hair out over how much image editing and hand-constructing of autotiles I'd have to do, when I looked again and saw @Shaz 's Tile Changer could copy areas from another map.
"sorry it took me so long to respond" - can we please agree not to say that anymore unless it actually took a long time?! (Like 36hrs at least) I mean, I'm running out of funny responses here xD
Ugh... 4:53AM over here and I can't sleep so why not just game make.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoshikosai