Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Description of the Feature:
  • Plugin parameters with visibility depending on the value of another parameter e.g. a select type that only appears if a boolean parameter is "true".

Mockups:
1598364043650.png
Condition not met:
1598364230401.png
Condition met:
1598364262580.png

Why is this feature good?
This feature is great because of the following:
  • Cleaner parameter interface; only what needs to be displayed will be
  • Easier to incorporate parameter dependence: could have a "mode" dropdown that has different inputs depending on selection e.g. "picture" would have a parameter set to img/pictures, "face" would instead have one pointing to img/faces. Currently you need to include every option and trust that developers will fill them in correctly.

Possible issues with this feature?
Issues that might arise from this feature:
  • Screwing up parameter conditions might result in some confusion as to why certain options aren't appearing (only an issue for the plugin developer)
  • May not be easy to implement as it would require a live refresh of the parameter list when parameters change value

Last edited:

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I would vote yes, but I'm kinda pessimistic. For both the technical difficulties and the urgency of it (it isn't that urgent/necessary to make things work).

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
YES.
I miss this so much.

MakoInfused

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Awesome idea! I'd love to see this happen! It would also reduce the confusion for plugin users as to which fields they needed to fill out, versus which one's were optional.

BurningOrca

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, absolutely yes. How often have I struggeled with the decision on how to implement the parameters in order to make none of them really useless or confusing in case that and that option has been chosen in another parameter.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Absolutely. Several of my plugins have "enable/disable this set of features" with child plugin parameters associated with them. It'd be nice to just hide the child parameters if the user chooses to disable that section.

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Wait, it was a feature before?
No, I think I used the word miss in the wrong way. When working with the parameters I often wish this was a feature.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My new cutscene system makes it so much easier to add parallel stuff happening in the background, I can easily fill the whole screen with action.

I remember once when I was at Disney's Animal Kingdom and I got to dance with some of the cast members! It was so much fun! After the show my dad and I got frozen lemonade and some ice cream. It makes me feel better remembering the good things about my dad... maybe I will return to Orlando.
spending almost entire day to mod skyrim but it still couldn't run properly :(
My friend has become one with the glitter. @ImaginaryVillain, got any room in the Cult of the Sporkle?
I still cannot wrap my head around how to edit and use arrays in RPG Maker MV o_O

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShadowGray