[Suggestion] "Eraser" button on the MZ toolbar

Would you like to see this option implemented?

• Yes

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

WickedWolfy

Touch Fluffy Tail!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
En
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Description of the Feature:
  • Add "Eraser" button to the toolbar to erase tile content on a layer as "not-passable" tile
    • If a layer is selected (not auto), only erase that layer.
    • If a layer is "auto", erase all layers.
    • (optional) Second eraser button is for "passable" tile variant, same as above
Mockups:
eraser-buttons.png

Why is this feature good?
  • No guesswork - Don't have to guess which layer needs to be erased
  • No time spent searching - Don't have to spend time looking for an empty tile on the layer you need to erase
  • Less mistakes erasing - Don't have to spend half an hour fixing mistakes of accidentally making a tile passable/impassable
  • More tile space for actual tiles - don't have to keep an empty tile on A/B/etc layers just for the sake of erasing.
Possible issues with this feature?
This functionality is very simple: delete tile(s) on current (or all) layers of the map, based on layer selection.
Thus there should be no issues that I can foresee.

Notes:
This would work great with Schlangan's "Layer Buttons" suggestion here https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...n-toolbar-buttons-for-layer-selection.125510/ and within two clicks you can clear tile in question.

Personal note:
While working on a map I ran into a strange issue where one of the layers had a passable tile, but other layers were impassable.
And since you can't see if it is passable or impassable tile when it is clear/transparent, since it has no indication of what it is, I have spent unnecessary time trying to troubleshoot. I found out it wasn't the only empty-passable tile break on the map and ended up recreating the map from scratch. Having a hard-eraser, like my suggestion, would eliminate the frustration of fixing a potentially complex and time consuming process to recreate map.

Alexandr_7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
Adding an eraser would be nice but a little needed. I voted Yes. But in fact my answer is more like "Yes, but it is not very important to me". You can always select an empty tile with the right mouse button. The eraser is more likely to add just as a convenience.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

rux
The most words I have ever written in an entire document is in my game's script, jeez i have a lot of characters that ramble on
Yes! I finally did something! This is a picture I drew of what I wish I looked like; I hope that you guys like it!
Finished that egg-sitting mini-game I mentioned here a couple weeks back. Now to fix the weather system so it doesn't rain indoors while you're playing it. >.> A simple fix in itself; leave it to me to take it as an excuse to completely revamp the time/weather/lighting system from scratch.
I'm really tempting to pre order cyberpunk 2077... should I do it or not :/ I really want to play the game but don't want to take a big hit to my saving because of it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DawnStar