ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Yanfly's SaveCore plugin is a step in the right direction for a customized save menu, but I feel it could have a lot more options to make the screen that much more appealing.

• Showing the map's 'displayName' instead of it's actual name
  • Option to show additional info from the actors, before the columns start below

Class, state icons?, HP/MP, JP?

[*]Gauges?, Experience?

[*]Option to show the value of a variable without it's name

[*]Text AND variable (label your own variable)

[*]Change the number of columns

A lot of this can be done through use of in-game variables, but without being to easily change the number of columns on screen, you can't make things line up with the actors up top, and for certain things, you'd need to plug in to a function that refreshes a lot to make sure that the info is up to date when it's put in the save file.

I'm not sure if there are any plans to expand on this, but those are some of my suggestions.

Thanks,

-Ramza

Last edited by a moderator:

Slimsy Platypus

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
The SaveCore is awesome, but one thing I would really like control over is the color/opacity of the background box also with the option to to not use it all together (but still show the text).

Also you can adjust the number of columns by just deleting empty/null and leaving it blank for the respective column.  You will have as many columns as you have filled out, unless you're saying you want additional ones beyond the plugin's limits.

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've begun working on an extension. So far: you can now define the number of battle members to display and you can now show the display name of a map instead of the editor name.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/DreamXRMMV/Rpg-Maker-MV/master/DreamX_Ext_SaveCore.js

* @param Map Display Name
* @desc Show make display name instead of editor name. default: false
* @default false
* @param Battle Member Display Count
* @desc Number of battle members to display. default: 4
* @default 4
* @author DreamX
* @help
* ============================================================================
* Parameter Info
* Map Display Name
* The save file must have been saved with this plugin on to display the
* map display name.
* Terms Of Use
* Free to use and modify for commercial and noncommercial games, with credit.
* Credit Yanfly.
* Credits
* DreamX
* Yanfly for the original plugin this is an extension of.

@Yanfly's SaveCore plugin is a step in the right direction for a customized save menu, but I feel it could have a lot more options to make the screen that much more appealing.

• Showing the map's 'displayName' instead of it's actual name
  • Option to show additional info from the actors, before the columns start below

Class, state icons?, HP/MP, JP?

[*]Gauges?, Experience?

[*]Option to show the value of a variable without it's name

[*]Text AND variable (label your own variable)

[*]Change the number of columns

A lot of this can be done through use of in-game variables, but without being to easily change the number of columns on screen, you can't make things line up with the actors up top, and for certain things, you'd need to plug in to a function that refreshes a lot to make sure that the info is up to date when it's put in the save file.

I'm not sure if there are any plans to expand on this, but those are some of my suggestions.

Thanks,

-Ramza
It always helps to make a mock-up example of what you want.

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@DreamX

That's true, but I didn't have a solid idea of what I was looking for, still don't really.

The display name thing was only important because I saw it at the forefront of my testing with the plugin, because the map I test in is called the Debug Room, but entering it the display name is ????. I figured some people might do that with actual maps in their games at some point.

When I referred to columns, I was referring to how you could make a number of the things I listed visible, but if you say, wanted 'ClassName' to show up under the actor in slot 4, that would be impossible because there would be four actors and only three columns.

I was mostly looking for options. Showing the actor level is neat, but for some games, it might be unimportant, or not as important as say, their current class, or HP/MP. More choices is always better in the end, right?

Thanks for working on this :)

kovak

Silverguard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT - EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My game has 3 actors on the active party.
I wouldn't mind at all :v

kovak

Silverguard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT - EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@DreamX

It has been a few days(?) k3k
Well, i think he wanted something like this and it's possible to do using the coluns.

Yanfly himself said that his UI plugins are better fit on 720p.

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'll see if I can fix some things up.

kovak

Silverguard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT - EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@DreamX Actually i've customized my coluns, this is no bug :v

Maybe you could place the Exp bar on the Lv line, it may look good with custom gauges, dunno how it would look like with default ones.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Small rant: While using SRD Hud maker for a battle hud, I typed in the wrong script call and got an error, but then forgot to delete the piece that caused the error before closed the Hud maker and hit F5 to restart the game. Now everytime I engage in a battle my game crashes...
:kaolivid:
Would Jump into Javascript be best off continuing to break down the MV core files, or would people prefer a quick detour to cover everything that's changed in the core from MV to MZ?
Not going to lie... PIXI Particles make fantastic graphics... But predicting the hitbox of something with a "fixed size" but whose graphics can stick out past that, is quite challenging. :kaoswt:
Would you like a glass of spiders?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaezyelnatz