Rukiri

I like to make Action-RPGs
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Oh I can understand computer logic fine.

And honestly I think XP style mapping is one of the more realistic options to add to RPG Maker, just to get a balanced perspective. Well changing tile resolution sizes as well. Not bigger but rather smaller. If XP had three layers, I see honestly no reason any future addition can't.
If they finally added support for Mac that means 1 of 2 things, this is a complete rewrite of RPG Maker and is NOT based on previous code, or is based on previous code but just translated to support OS X.  

I'm hoping it's a rewrite, there was good but there was a lot of bad and it seems RPG Maker has been based on the XP code based and just updated since and also changing the map system since VX. 

Multi Tile Size support is a good idea, however this has to be setup at the project creation otherwise it could lead to issues.  

L.W. Flouisa

NumeroHex
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm actually wondering what all the different battle systems are that are possible? I mean recently I saw one that had this tactical turn-based grid feel, but the characters were almost like playing cards in their look.

There are so many out there, it seems like it would be impossible to include them all in a list. And my taste is so particular these days, I don't really care for traditional turn-based or real-time I think a script request might be better.

Celianna

Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Closing this since the new RPG Maker has been announced, so any 'suggestion' here is merely hoping the new RPG Maker has that feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

When someone helps you solve a problem, it's good to report the thread so it can be closed, but it's also nice to go back and post in the thread to let them know their suggestion actually worked. And, you know, to say thanks for helping.
Yes, I made made my profile picture into a poorly edited fat cat
TextBox like JRPG (Retro):
halloween_test_img.png
Memory of a Halloween party.
Studying more game mechanics and game design... If someone have some tips, I would be happy to read!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedXC