uglywolf

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Malay
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First, I am sorry to ask this out of the blue and also sorry if I suddenly break any rules without I noticed on this topic.

As the title was, I wanted to ask if you know any MIDI making softwere that could be used to make MP3 for BGM and such.

I won't ask for the advanced one, but I don't think I would like to have the one that was too simple either...

Of course, any freeware tools are welcomed, but its not hurt to ask about the ones on sell either.

Lastly, I know this is rather a dumb questions to ask considering we could find it over google...

I am sorry, I just wanted to know people preferences of [what does this have, and what does that give].

Please forgive my idiocy.

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Staff member
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Additionally, you either forgot or didn't know that MIDI is not an audio format, it's a notation format.

That is a titanic technical difference and one reason why the game industry stopped using MIDI as soon as possible.

You cannot convert MIDI to MP3, you need a synthesizer to create audio from a MIDI-notation.

uglywolf

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Malay
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for the heads up, and I am sorry that I posted on the wrong section before.
I kind of forgotten about OGG, I didn't know RMMV doesn't suport MP3 anymore

my deepest apolagies for not following the news...

But yeah, since it has come to this.. I guess its bettter to have OGG format directly.

Again, my apolagy for being an idiot.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Again, my apolagy for being an idiot.

You aren't an idiot, you were just missing knowledge. Idiots are only those who can't learn new things ;-)

uglywolf

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Malay
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You aren't an idiot, you were just missing knowledge. Idiots are only those who can't learn new things ;-)

I am sorry, and thank you..

While I am at it, is OGG are the only format that is supported on RMMV for now?

I'd like to know if there were other formats for it, because to my skill MIDI-like musics are the only thing I am capable to making my own BGM.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
no, there are two different audioformats required - required because depending on the device you deploy to, one or the other will be used (because the other can't be used due to device hardware)

uglywolf

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Malay
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I see, I uess I should try to check about that.
Rather.. where could I take a look for such infromation? if may I ask.

YoraeRasante

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, I read about it in the help file, but I don't know much more about it because I don't know much about audio files in general...

The file formats that are playable depend on the operating environment, so please prepare the below 2 file formats with the same file name.

• Ogg Vorbis(.ogg)
  • AAC(.m4a)

* When creating a game that will be played on Windows or Mac, please prepare only the Ogg Vorbis file format. When creating a game that will be released on the web or made for Android/iOS, both file formats are required.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@uglywolf the help file - it contains complete descriptions of all asset standards in addition to a full description of the editor

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Going to try my luck with Rust programming language. C++ is just way too gosh darn frustrating.
Phew. Finally fixed all of the tileset and event issues in this demo. And now, it's time to release another, finished game. Stay tuned!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shiresu