zachman57

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey guys,

I am Zachary from the Suikoden Revival Movement. I am sure that many of you have at least heard of Suikoden. Now, if you recall games like Breath of Fire, Vandal Hearts and Wild Arms  which are all games that are pretty much all but lost (even though Vandal Hearts did have a PS3 release, mind you though it wasn't as big as what it used to be), then you know that Suikoden is an Rpg that was once part of the all time greats list. 108 characters, vast lands to explore, upgrading a castle, multiple mini games like cooking and chinchirorin, beautiful storyline as well as well written dialogue and music that conveys many emotions. This game had all of that and more and for those of you who were able to experience that I know that this is a game that had meant something to you.

Suikoden had one last release that was part of the main storyline which was released for the PlayStation 2 which was the fifth game in the series. Konami have since then released decent alternatives but nonetheless are not part of the main series that we have come to know and love. The Suikoden Revival Movement has over 24 thousand likes. We are all people from different parts of the world who grew up with this masterpiece of a game and would like to think that future generations will be able to play it. Whether or not the game gets a new release; we don't know, but what we do know is that a team effort can do wonders. The old games should be accessible through modern gaming systems such as the PS4, the Vita and other platforms such as X Box One, Wii U and the 3DS as well as consoles that are still being utilised such as the PS3, X Box 360 and the Wii.

If you have love for this game or nostalgia, then please join the SRM facebook/twitter page or at least spread the word.

https://www.facebook.com/SuikodenRevival

https://twitter.com/SuikodenRevival

Zachary,

Suikoden Revival Movement. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Ralpf

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I don't do Twitter or Facebook, but good luck.

Also Suikoden is available as a PS classic on the PS store, meaning it a playable on PSP and PS3 and more likely then not on PS4 and Vita down the line.

zachman57

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Problem is that it is only in the States and Japan and not for Australia or Europe.

zachman57

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Btw thanks for the support.

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
I looooooooved BoF and Suikoden, especially Suikoden. Wild Arms was great too. Really wish they'd continue making rpgs like those.

zachman57

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Then the Movement is right up your alley.

Ralpf

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Problem is that it is only in the States and Japan and not for Australia or Europe.
Doesn't matter, just make a US or Japanese account (makes more sense to make a US one unless you can read Japanese) and you can buy it, doesn't matter where you actually live. I know people who are in the US with European PS account and vice-versa, and I have a Japanese PS account (though just to download demos). You will need a valid address to make the account, but that's not an issue with google maps and the like.

No guarantee there isn't an issue when it comes to paying for stuff that is in another country, I haven't tried it, but I know people do it, so if there is a problem, it's surmountable.

Last edited by a moderator:

zachman57

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
What I mean is that it shouldn't have to come down to that and that there should be an easier means to do it.  The fact that they have made it that hard isn't right.

sabao

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Didn't Konami dissolve the original Suikoden dev team sometime back? I love the series to death, but if they're going back into the main timeline they'd better do it right. Until then, I have no qualms about them exploring the alternate universe. Someone please release the PSP one in english.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Mike running through an area that's influenced by his thoughts, thus his drawings are infused into the land.
We're playing Omori by OMOCAT starting at 2pm est :D
Hi there! Do you actively use your Itch.io account? How do you use it?
When you have your friend over and you try to have a good time and let him try your game but he legit finds 10+ bugs that you now have to add to your already big workload for the day lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
expiredmilkandcherries