Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I am looking for something like this:

ere55h.jpg
It needs to be able to do all of the following:

1. Only characters that have been recruited are present (other characters not yet recruited could be represented by blank spaces, dashes, shilouttees or -ideally- just not there)

2. After a new character is recruited (a Switch) - they become selected in this menu

3. Removing characters, or at least a Remove All command, should be possible from the menu as well

4. Max Party size within the game is already limited to 6 (4 battlers and two subs that can be switched in via the menu outside of battle) - script should not conflict with this

I know there are probably similiar scripts out there already, if one can for sure accomplish this, I simply need detailed instructions on how to implement.

gvduck10

Quacker Jack
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

Zoltor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Generally it would be easier to code, but for this system, depending how many char are recruitable in your game, it might very well be much easier to go the route of showing a pic, combined with using a Parallel proc common event for the pointer(using a bunch od condition branches using if button X,Y or Z is pushed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sixth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You could try Yanfly's Party System.

I'm not sure what do you mean with your 4th point, but for the other ones, it is all there already.

If by "remove" you mean to remove the party member from the active party and placing it in the reserve party, it is there already.

If you mean, that you want to remove the party member completely, than it is not present with a simple button. It can be achieved by eventing, however, or even adding a button for it in the menu with some scripting knowledge.

It also has an option that can set your maximum battle members size anytime in the game and also an add-on for always displaying all of your battle members on the main menu if you get enough window size for it.

Locking certain characters is also possible.

Displays enough information about the selected members, but if it is not enough for you, you can add anything if you know how to script it in the window (need to know draw_text and the codes for parameters only to do it).

And if you want the menu to look exactly like that on your screenshot, it should be possible to edit the script, changing the windows positions and size, changing the information displayed and so on. Doing this, however, would take a lot of time. It wouldn't be hard, just time consuming.

So, aside from the looks, the system itself can do all what you want.

All in all, this is the best party system I have seen so far, but that is just my subjective opinion. You should try it out and see if it works out for you or not.

gvduck10

Quacker Jack
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Link?  Is there a tutorial for setting it up with RPGMVXA?

Sixth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Sorry, can't provide links, as I am using a dial up connection from my mobile and it is limited in speed and in MBs.

I would rather not waste my precious MBs for searching links around.

But if you just search for "Yanfly's Party System" on our best friend (meaning google :p ), I am sure it will be in the first found link.

But if you have trouble finding it, here are the script themselves:

Yeah, I think I won't get out of upload MBs within a year, so uploading them directly is a better solution for me.

For displaying all of your active party members, you would need Yanfly's Menu Engine script actually.

I thought it was an addon for his party system, but apparently I mixed the two, sorry about that.

If you don't mind using his menu engine, you can get that little enhance too. But it will only work if you have enough place to actually display your active party members, so I highly doubt that it will be of any use unless you are using around 800x600 game resolution. I am using that resolution, and I only got a few spare pixels (around 12-ish) after displaying 6 party members at once on my main menu. 

Anyway, here are the Menu Engine scripts too, if you decide to use them:

For setting the party system up, just read the script instructions. It shouldn't be hard to understand, and there aren't a whole lot of configuration settings.

But if you need further assistance, feel free to ask, and if I can, I will help you.

gvduck10

Quacker Jack
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm not concerned about being able to see all six party members on the screen honestly, just being able to go through the list of recruited members (we're talking like 34 characters total) and being able to add them or take them away from the active party would be sufficient. The extra two slots are for switching in and out (and char#5 and 6 gain EXP from battle, per the setting in the database)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Test thử cái nào! : nụ cười:
Các bác sĩ cho biết thêm:
How funny would it be if one of us remade "The Town With No Name" in RPG Maker?
I miss my friends from the work experience program... maybe once I move, I'll have a little party with them. I'll even show them my games and perhaps my puppets. Did you know I make working puppets?
Episode 18 is here. We're still making a game in RPG Maker MZ. This week, let's make that cliff map look awesome with the new tiles we made last week! Join us live, now!

I just watched the CG movie HARLOCK: Space Pirate, a retelling of the anime Harlock story. It was pretty awesome, and has given me some inspiration for my space game, at least for parts of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LanzLuther