Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
Game Details

Developer: Rydwha

Genre: RPG

Playtime: ± 5 Hours

Any hardcore RPG gamer will recognise the cult game Suikoden brought to us by Konami since the days of the original Playstation console. Sadly despite the huge following Konami has ceased to localise the game in Europe and therefore we’re missing out on the epic series on handheld and home consoles.

Game Synopsis

In the world of Kanakan, the sell-sword Ryan Raven is down on his luck. After losing a ton of money gambling, he takes a job from the mercenary's guild to protect a young performer named Selia Turner. Selia wishes to find five rune pieces scattered throughout Kanakan and needs Ryan to act as a bodyguard. While the job sounds easy, Ryan hates kids and lets the world know this. In fact, he lets his client know this from the get-go. Surely, this hatred towards youth must stem from somewhere. It does, and you will learn about it and Selia's reason for the rune pieces.

Screenshots

Suikoden%2BVI%2B-%2BFirst%2BChapter%2B%281%29.jpg

Suikoden%2BVI%2B-%2BFirst%2BChapter%2B%282%29.jpg

Suikoden%2BVI%2B-%2BFirst%2BChapter%2B%283%29.jpg

Suikoden%2BVI%2B-%2BFirst%2BChapter%2B%284%29.jpg

Suikoden%2BVI%2B-%2BFirst%2BChapter%2B%287%29.jpg

Download Info

Like our Facebook page to get latest updates in your Facebook feed.

https://www.facebook.com/rydwha/

For more information, updates, and useful links, please visit our website.

http://rydwha.blogspot.com/2014/12/suikoden-vi.html

Last edited by a moderator:

sabao

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
While nothing excites me more than anything Suikoden-related, I think you may want to look up its lore a little more:

• Kanakan isn't the world of Suikoden, but just a part of it. It's an island nation southeast of the Toran Republic and northeast of the former Kooluk Empire famous for its merchants and wine.
  • When in the timeline is this set, exactly? Seeing Meg, Nash, Millie and Viki together, I'm assuming it's shortly after 2?

Balrogic

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I don't suppose you have 108 stars of destiny implemented...? How far are you looking to go with the project? That's a really ambitious series to take on with the extreme character variety and strategic battle systems and rune mechanics.

sabao

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I don't suppose you have 108 stars of destiny implemented...? How far are you looking to go with the project? That's a really ambitious series to take on with the extreme character variety and strategic battle systems and rune mechanics.
I imagine not so much. Depending on the angle the creator decides to take, the story may not involve stars of destiny at all but instead an outsider's perspective on the events that happen to transpire during/shortly after the main storylines like how Suikogaiden was written.

I believe is this story's time frame is set after 2, perhaps in the middle of Suikogaiden Volume 2 and definitely before 3. Well, maybe. Nash did not look that old during Volume 2. What I believe to be a problem with that is  events of a huge scale like civil/national war as core Suikoden titles are mostly about would have had larger implications on the world at large. Somehow you have to be able to make sense of the events you're writing about now to fit into the larger history of the content you're basing it off of, and that would be extremely difficult to pull off given the story is set between two existing stories. What previous events would have transpired to spark another large war right after the Dunan Unification War? Did anyone in Zexen/the Grasslands know of this war during the Second Flame Champion's War? Unless you scale its scope down to behind the scenes/espionage stuff like Nash's story in Suikogaiden I feel it might be a little tricky to keep this story coherent with pre-existing lore.

Right now the synopsis appears to be going that way, which is great. Smaller scale conflict, without necessarily sacrificing the stakes involved. Some core Suikoden beats used. The plot focuses on the runes too which is nice, I suppose, if a little Crystal McGuffin-ey.

RoooodWorks

Devil King
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
It does look promising, I hope maybe a demo so we could test it out and give feedback. :)

freshflyfella

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The screenshot doesn't look like RMXP graphics

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Mike running through an area that's influenced by his thoughts, thus his drawings are infused into the land.
We're playing Omori by OMOCAT starting at 2pm est :D
Hi there! Do you actively use your Itch.io account? How do you use it?
When you have your friend over and you try to have a good time and let him try your game but he legit finds 10+ bugs that you now have to add to your already big workload for the day lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
expiredmilkandcherries