rydwha

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
Suikoden (Japanese: 幻想水滸伝, Hepburn: Gensō Suikoden) is a role-playing video game series originally created by Yoshitaka Murayama. The game series is loosely based on the classical Chinese novel Water Margin, whose title is rendered as Suikoden (水滸伝) in Japanese. Each individual game in the series centers on relative themes of politics, corruption, revolution, mystical crystals known as True Runes and the "108 Stars of Destiny"—the 108 protagonists who are loosely interpreted from the source material.

Last edited:

SomaelCK

Lv 99 Simple Sheep
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Burmese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A suikoden game? Hell yeah!!!

Geez, it look so great, I will try it once I got some spare time.

rydwha

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
Suikoden (Japanese: 幻想水滸伝, Hepburn: Gensō Suikoden) is a role-playing video game series originally created by Yoshitaka Murayama. The game series is loosely based on the classical Chinese novel Water Margin, whose title is rendered as Suikoden (水滸伝) in Japanese. Each individual game in the series centers on relative themes of politics, corruption, revolution, mystical crystals known as True Runes and the "108 Stars of Destiny"—the 108 protagonists who are loosely interpreted from the source material.

Last edited:

SomaelCK

Lv 99 Simple Sheep
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Burmese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Tried the game. I have to say, it's very well made!

The voice acting at the opening is well performed! and the game's graphic's pretty much the same with original but I found it a bit blurry. The battle system is a bit odd tho. I was expecting the similar battle-system with original game (with Rune and etc). And maybe it's just me, but the game lag a lot on my PC.

trexrell

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
This is a very cool Idea. Suikoden 2 was a great story and the gameplay was really fun. I'm hoping you can capture that magic with this. Good Luck!

Ksi

~RTP Princess~
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Being a big Suikoden fan I decided I'd give the game an LP.

Things didn't go as I'd hoped. I think you've got a lot of things to work out in the game before it's releasable to play. Here's my experience of the game, at any rate.

I just want to say right now that I did rage a little. I was expecting some nice stuff from seeing the screenshots and was disappointed. Don't fret and don't give up - it's easy enough to change what needs changing and I do admit your mapping is quite solid. It's just... other parts that really let you down. Good luck with the rest of the project. It has promise, it just needs some extra polish.

rydwha

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses

Last edited:

Ksi

~RTP Princess~
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
The thing is that you shouldn't need to read external pieces to progress a game. It should be intuitive. Why would Flik need to talk to people twice? The dialogues the first time indicate that the people don't want to talk to him again or that he doesn't want to talk to them, so why make it a requirement to continue with the game? It shouldn't. If they give you more information that is necessary to the plot, perhaps just make that the initial dialogue and have secondary lines optional instead. The game itself never tells you you can talk to people more than once and frankly, if I have to read an external file to know how to progress past the first 10 minutes of your game there is something very wrong with it.

With LTs I choose whether or not I return to a game for more videos. In this case I deemed it unnecessary because if the first scene is that annoying to get past, I can't imagine what the rest of the game is like. Maybe I'll revisit it farther down the development process if certain issues (such as walk and text speeds) are sorted out but for the moment I'm content to leave the video there and jump to another game instead. If you do end up changing things for the better, send me a PM and I'll be happy to redo the LT, but as it stands I'm not about to torture myself like that.

I am glad you enjoyed the LT, though, and I wish you luck with the project. Whether you actually change anything is up to you, of course, but I highly suggest that you do. For more information as to why, check out the second Dragon Lancer video - it contains a lecture about why certain aspects of games should be changed for the better and while it's generally about mapping (from the looks of it, something you're proficient at) and dungeon/game design/rewards, there are parts of the lecture that fits with all games.

Last edited by a moderator:

rydwha

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Good grief am I ever so dusty on music creation. Never move, gentleman and ladies!
After waiting for several months to observe the results of vaccines, I finally decided to go for Comirnaty, because now my job needs me to either be vaccinated or take a regular testing every 2 weeks(240 HKD per test), and it seems to me that Comirnaty is safe enough in my case :)
So, to create multiple faces one needs to first export, then import, over and over... who came up with this weird mechanism...
Away from home now since it reduce COVID spread
I hate doing voice over videos but people said they like hearing about the details.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raigonex05