gvduck10

Quacker Jack
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Someone did a Let's Play of an early demo version!

If you would like to check it out, it is here:

gvduck10

Quacker Jack
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
While some will say the story is still too simplistic, I want to point out that I have been working on adding depth along the way - including several additional conversations with Okage that help to better explain his motivations. Once the main storyline is complete, I will go back and add even more NPCs and sidequests (for flavor). Lorabelle (the rumor lady) also now provides insight whenever you talk to her by giving you some info on each party member currently in your team. This addition adds some background flavor for each character.

DEMO UPDATE!
demo V6.2 (3/17/2020)
+
Total number of collectable characters has been increased to 44
+1 New character (grand total: 40/44)
+1 new Pub area (the Golden Hare)
+1 new special armor item (the rose brooch)
+Several additional unique conversations added
+Additional effect (blocks Magic%) added to several items
+Unobtainable Stars removed from Hall of Destiny
+Additional NPCs added upon revisiting Eastshore

DEMO Download Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ku9qpzfrppqqunr/Suiko.exe/file

Last edited:

gvduck10

Quacker Jack
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
DEMO UPDATE: v7.0 RELEASE (3/21/2020)
Huge update. 3+ hours of gameplay!
Demo features:

Total number of recruitable characters: 43/45

New Area for Recruits: the Golden Hare
golden hare.PNG
This area will trigger new conversations with characters you have already recruited and open up some new "item quests" as you progress through the story - check back often!

NEW Equipment slot: Rune Piece
rune piece.PNG
A rune piece can now be attached under the character's weapon. There are 14 different types of Rune Pieces, each providing a different benefit to the character. Allowing for further customization of your party!

Updated Status screens
status screen.PNG
The status screen now displays what runes the character has and also what types of equipment they can utilize.

Sidequests/item requests
item quest.PNG
As you progress through the game, or revisit old places, certain NPCs will request specific items. Hand them over and you'll receive a reward!

Minor fixes/additions:
+
Pianos no longer play when you walk away (no more ghost pianist!)
+Additional dialogue throughout
+Additional private conversations
+Dalthwain area and boss battle now complete
+Demo v6.0 "point of no return" now obsolete
+Potato and Onion vendor added
+Tweaks to certain weapon/armor descriptions for clarity

Last edited:

gvduck10

Quacker Jack
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Debating (with myself) about replacing random encounters with on-screen enemies that trigger battles upon "being touched" and could chase the character. Thoughts?

gvduck10

Quacker Jack
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
DEMO UPDATE: v7.1 RELEASE (4/1/2020)

NO MORE RANDOM ENCOUNTERS!

Enemies now appear on screen and "chase" the hero to initiate combat. Also, some enemies are hidden until touched and then "pop out" to initiate battle.

NEW ANIMATIONS
Safety Shell (Turtle)
Spiked Shell (Turtle)
Fortify (enemy ability)
Starlight
(Resurrection)

NEW RUNE
Sealing Rune (ability rune)

NEW ABILITIES
Fire Seal (Sealing)
Shadow Seal (Sealing)
Thunder Seal (Sealing)
Taunt (Fury)
Lovestruck (Passion)

MINOR FIXES
Tint screens adjusted
Cobra Strike fixed
Poison damage now stated
[Medicine] and [Food] tags added to item descriptions
New items, armor, weapons, and accessories!
Changed effect of Magic Field (Shield)

CHARACTER EXPANSION
Total characters planned is now 50. See Recruitment Guide for details.

Last edited:

gvduck10

Quacker Jack
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
There is another big update coming soon...

Things to look forward to:
Additional items and armor, new item category (battle items), more shop tweaks, better descriptions on all gear making changing/selecting/buying equipment easier, some new skill animations, barkeeps offering tips (new gossip option), improved scenery (see below), and other fixes

Better plants!
improved scenery.PNG
improved scenery2.PNG
improved scenery3.PNG

Last edited:

Jeremiah Eastman

Gladiator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there @gvduck10 It had been a while since I last played your game so I thought I would give it another play through. It's been a while since I last played and boy has the game come a long way.

This time I discovered a new little trick I never knew about this version of RPG maker. I never knew you could bring up the settings menu by pressing f1 but that was super helpful when I noticed it.

The first big thing I noticed was that Wooded Path is so much easier to deal with now. Before it had a super high encounter rate and changing the encounters to on screen enemies was a huge improvement. I also really like how you do the ambushes like when the snakes pop out.

I searched all over for bugs and characters. I'm not sure which are the more hidden recruits but I have found most of them on the star board. I didn't find much of anything in the way of bugs, just a passibility issue with a crack on the wall in the hut inside of Azure Lake.

There also seems to be an issue with renaming the main character. It seems to ignore the name if you change Amons name in the beginning.

A couple of the fights that were nice and challenging were Gijo and Yuki. They required you to use all of the tricks to beat so it really made them more fun for me. I also am really enjoying the story. It is solid and well told I never noticed a miss spelling or anyting, very well done.

There were a couple times I ran into heavy lag but I seem to remember reading in the past that one or two of the old rpg maker engines would start to lag after about an hour of playing, which seemed to be about when it would happen. So it probably has nothing to do with the game itself but thought I would mention it just in case.

All in all I have been really enjoying it. There are still some places on the map I haven't gotten to just yet but I thought I would let you know how it is going so far. Great work on the game, keep it up.

gvduck10

Quacker Jack
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey there gvduck10 It had been a while since I last played your game so I thought I would give it another play through. It's been a while since I last played and boy has the game come a long way.

The first big thing I noticed was that Wooded Path is so much easier to deal with now. Before it had a super high encounter rate and changing the encounters to on screen enemies was a huge improvement. I also really like how you do the ambushes like when the snakes pop out.

All in all I have been really enjoying it. There are still some places on the map I haven't gotten to just yet but I thought I would let you know how it is going so far. Great work on the game, keep it up.
I am so excited for this! I am really glad you're still enjoying it and seeing all the improvements. Almost everything on the map is accessible once you have the ship. Only a few places have not been mapped yet (like Old Helgan). The Mountain Pass to get there is already done for the next update.

I searched all over for bugs and characters. I'm not sure which are the more hidden recruits but I have found most of them on the star board. I didn't find much of anything in the way of bugs, just a passibility issue with a crack on the wall in the hut inside of Azure Lake.
Good to hear! And that crack is an easy fix! Thanks for being so diligent.
There is a character recruitment guide on page 1 of this thread if you are still missing anyone.

There also seems to be an issue with renaming the main character. It seems to ignore the name if you change Amons name in the beginning.
I changed to make the name input come up immediately on New Games and when I did, I made one little error. But, it has also been fixed for the next update.

A couple of the fights that were nice and challenging were Gijo and Yuki. They required you to use all of the tricks to beat so it really made them more fun for me. I also am really enjoying the story. It is solid and well told I never noticed a miss spelling or anyting, very well done.
I'm a professional writer, so that's one area I am very strong in. A couple tips, if you didn't figure it out already:
Gijo uses Wrath immediately, which makes him immune to physical attacks for a several turns. So you have to use either magic or wait a few rounds before you start attacking him.
Yuki-Onna are frozen mountain spirits in Japanese lore. So, she is weak to Fire and Holy Elemental. That battle is supposed to be tough but not impossible.

gvduck10

Quacker Jack
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
As of 4/12/2020...

NEW ANIMATIONS
Bite Attack (Etaru)
Canopy (Earth/M.Earth)
Lancing (Unicorn) *minor changes
Wing Cutter (weapon) *minor changes

NEW MAPPING
Added new plants, trees, scenery in outdoor areas for better appeal and variety (credit: Celianna)
Mountain Pass now accessible

NEW ITEMS
New category (Battle Items) are used for both offense and defense during battle

RUMORS
Barkeeps now offer Gossip (hints) option

MINOR FIXES
Elemental damage for weapons fixed, now deal correct damage-type
All weapons, armor now have descriptions/clearer info
Effect of Revival (Resurrection) changed, more useful
New armor, headpieces
Lots more dialogue (as always) and a few new townsfolk
Name entry for main character fixed
Background Music changed for several boss fights & areas

improved scenery4.PNG

Last edited:

gvduck10

Quacker Jack
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
MINIMAL EFFORT GUIDE TO 100% RECRUITMENT
*contains some spoilers
Stonegate - Eastshore
Three Stars are active already: the Prince, Queen Lyanett (later: Princess Zaria), and Richter.
Go downstairs to the throne room. Harald and Lucius will join (#4,5)
Leave the castle, head just north and visit the Archer's Respite. Speak to Jericho (#6), tell him you are heading east, and accept his offer. !Refuse and you will never see him again!
Leave and head east, go through the woods, then south. Fight enemy. Go to Eastshore, visit Pyril's chateau.
After cutscene, return to Archer's Respite to collect Gurt (#7); Jericho must be in your party.
Stonegate - Hidden Village
Go to the throne room and be sent to rest. Ayana will join (#8). Find the hidden exit by touching the statue and climb down the ladder. Speak to Devon (#9). Continue through the sewers.
Head into the main dojo to trigger an event. Kill the Beast. Okage and Hisako (#10, 11) will join.
Speak to the girl outside the dojo to leave. Return to the castle.
Stonegate - Azure Lake

In the throne room, speak to Dr. Phineas to trigger the next mission and the small boat. Put together a party. Go to the upstairs chambers and speak to Nan, let her join (#12).
Return to Eastshore. Talk to Lorabelle in the pub, she will join (#13). Pay Maximus 700c and he will also join (#14).
Now head further east, by boat, to Azure Lake. Just outside is a tent. Enter, challenge Gijo to a fight, win, and he will join (#15).
Enter the town, and speak to Phineas in his clinic. Be sure to talk to Aria in the tavern. Reach the top of the Tower, retrieve the panacea, and then return to the clinic. After Dr. Phineas joins (#16), speak to Duncan and he will offer to join (#17). Return to Stonegate.
Stonegate - Bellan Harbor - Frozen Cave
Lord Pyril (#18) and Delilah (#19) will now join. Speak to Banner (#20) in the Hall of Destiny and he will join.
Cross the repaired bridge, but go past Bellan Harbor and then south until reaching the Grove. Inside, offer the fox some food then talk to it again. A battle will trigger. After, speak to the Sheer and she will join along with Etaru (#21, 22).
In Bellan, speak to Aria in the tavern. After, you can visit Eastshore at any time to recruit her (#23).
In the restaurant, deliver 4 items to Isador (#24) to recruit him. Easiest way to get them: egg (from chicken) and pepper can both be obtained in Azure Lake, potato and onion can both be found in Eastshore.
Find Francois (#25) hiding in 3 different places within Bellan.
Genshi (#26) is in the gear shop, but your hero must be level 13 or higher. If not yet, come back after the next mission. Beat him in a fight and he will join.
Enter the chateau to trigger another mission. Re-enter and speak to the girl in the cell; then speak to Katrina to depart. Enter the Frozen Cave and head to the upper right corner. Speak to Katar (#27) and agree to join his fight. Kill the demon and he will join you. Continue to the middle upper room of the cave. A cutscene will commence that results in Wikki (#28) and Madea (#29) both joining.
Stonegate - Fort Molth - Dalthwain

Revisit the Golden Hare. Witness a short scene with Katar (he must be recruited). Speak to Celine after and she will join (#40).
Go to the throne room. A cutscene will end with Lady Teandra, Sir Quinn, and Katrina (#30, 31, 32) joining. Talk to Katrina in the barracks to unlock the ship.
If Genshi has not joined, go recruit him. Then, visit the balcony and speak to Ichika (#33). A short scene will follow and she will join. Visit the market and speak to Reynold - he will join (#39).
Take the new ship to the island east of Stonegate. Answer Li Fang with questions both times then share the Note with him (you must have the item). He will leave. Go to Bellan and enter the chateau. Speak to Li Fang. He and Jiao will both join (#34, 35).
Return to Stonegate and put together a party with either Gurt or Etaru, Genshi or Lucius, and Katar. Take your ship north to a small island with a forest. Enter. Proceed up to a campsite. Speak to Eloise - with Gurt or Etaru in your team - and she will join (#36).
Sail east of the Hermit's Island and enter Fort Molth on foot. Enter the house next to the priestess. Katar must be in your team. Defeat the spirit and Jewel will join (#37).
In the tavern speak to the man - who was also the drunk in Eastshore. Genshi or Lucius will show him their weapon and convince Zax to join (#38).
In the War Room, speak to Solstein to trigger the next mission.
Head north to Dalthwain. Feed Nico (#41) some grilled fish (must have item, which can be found or bought from pubs) and he will join. Enter the cavern, defeat the boss, and then return to Stonegate.
Stonegate - Old Helgan
Speak to Madea. Lord Solstein and Sir Cleon will join permanently (#42, 43). Speak to Madea again.
Before heading south, sail north and find the Frozen Tower. Enter and speak to Nulak, who will let you access the short dungeon. Get to the roof to meet Zephyr (#44, 45). They will both join. With Nulak still in your party, head back to the Merchant's Camp (south of Ft. Molth and the jeweler) and speak to Ren (#46).

Head south by ship from the castle, enter the mountain pass on foot, and proceed through it to Old Helgan.

Last edited:

gvduck10

Quacker Jack
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
As of 4/29/2020...

MAPPING
Remodeled royal chambers
Added Queen's Room (accessible late game)

MINOR FIXES
Weapon, Armor power & prices tweaked
New Wares added: Walnut (find them in trees or defeating squirrels)
Shop lists further edited
Adding even more new BGM

DOWNLOAD DEMO:

Last edited:

gvduck10

Quacker Jack
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
As of 5/3/2020...

NEW CONTENT
New sellable [ware]: Yarn
New Status effect: Toasty (HP regen)

MAJOR FIXES
Incorrect transfer locations in a couple cutscenes

MINOR FIXES
Adjusted BGM in a few places
Changed text box position to not hide characters during certain scenes

gvduck10

Quacker Jack
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
As of 5/16/2020...

NEW RECRUITS

46/50 characters now recruitable (+3)

NEW AREA
Frozen Tower (short dungeon) completed

(walkthrough guide updated)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ahh, end of the day stinky feet, fresh out of the boots. Smells like a job well done. Seriously, I have to rinse my feet when I get home, or it's not fair to my wife.
Stream will be live shortly with some pixel art! Feel free to drop by!

Can't believe I forgot to put an image of my drawing pad! It looks kinda like this, maybe I'll get a better pic tomorrow...
Backup tip: If you don't want to back up your whole project every day, at least back up everything *except* your Image and Audio folders, which you can do weekly/as needed/etc.
The final version of our game is already available both in English and Spanish! ^___^
Can't believe this day has finally come... T_T

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tavren