Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Demo Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/ku9qpzfrppqqunr/Suiko.exe

Overview/Story

The Prince's sister, Zala, is about to get married, when something goes terribly wrong. This causes a series of political and espionage type events to occur that will spiral into all-out war, unless the Prince can determine who is plotting against his kingdom.... and soon.

You take control of Prince Simeon, a respected young man who has suddenly been entrusted with the care of the nation of Evagon. He bares a unique Rune known as the Bubble Rune, which is similar to but more powerful than the common Water Rune.

Basics
If you are familiar with the Suikoden series, many of these beloved clichés may seem familiar to you:

Runes: Each character you recruit will have two Runes permanently afixed to them. (Sorry, no changing the runes in this world) - some are magical, others are skill based. Your max party size is typically 6, but your fighting party is still the RPGM standard 4.

--Magic Runes - each cast 4 different spells, costing 25/50/75/100 MP, respectively. This simulates the LV.1-4 spell uses found in the Suikoden games. Included: Fire, Water, Earth, Wind, Lightning, Resurrection, Darkness, PaleGate and more...

--Skill Runes - these runes are used by accumulating TP during battle by attacking, blocking and taking damage. They function to replicate some common effect and attack runes from Suikoden. Included: Striking (Viper), Hazy (Haziness), Warrior, Wizard, Prosperity (Fortune), Hunter and more...

Weapons/Armor: There are several "classes" of armor (female, magic, light, heavy, normal) and a set few types of weapons (swords, katanas, ect). Each character is limited to one category of weapon and only certain classes of armor.

Stars of Destiny: It wouldn't be a suikoden-based game without recruiting! 54 (half the traditional 108) characters will be recruitable within the final version of the game! There is a room within the game that allows you to see all the characters you have recruited so far (see below)

A growing Castle: As you recruit new characters, you will find them hanging around your Castle. Talk to any PC to add or remove them from your current party. There are 2 NPCs which will allow you to remove your entire party at once, making things a little faster. Also, certain recruits will open up new shops in town or give useful hints to the Prince.

An evolving Map: Talk to everyone! As the main character hears about new places they will appear on the map. This not only helps control the flow of the story, but also keeps optional dungeons hidden unless you are speaking to the townsfolk in each city to learn about possible adventures.

Screenshots:

Demo Link

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ku9qpzfrppqqunr/Suiko.exe

Credits:

Pineda
Antares
Venere
Marte
Luminous Warrior
PandaMaru
Mack
Timmah
Wondertouch
Fayforest
Vitamindog
GrannyDeb
Joel Steudler

Last edited by a moderator:

Hudell

Dog Lord
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Java's Crypt
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Nice!

I'll be keeping an eye on this, as I love the suikoden series.

Will play the demo later tonight.

gvduck10

Quacker Jack
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
REALLY? >_>

I would have thought at least someone would have been interested in trying this demo and giving feedback!

heroscratch

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
REALLY? >_>

I would have thought at least someone would have been interested in trying this demo and giving feedback!
Not that I'm complaining, but this community seems to provide the least amount of feedback (that I've encountered at least). I generally keep my thread up to date in case anyone reads it, I just don't expect replies here, haha. It's kind of a 'who you know' thing on the rpgmaker forums. I've posted the same project on other sites/facebook and have hundreds of replies, and even got a publisher for my game.

However, the maps look a little bland, and I see floor tiles being placed on walls. (your pentagram) It looks a little wonky. I love the idea of a Suikoden based rpg, though.

:rock-left:   B)   :rock-right:

Last edited by a moderator:

gvduck10

Quacker Jack
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
the hexagrams on the wall light up as you recruit each star. if you try to search them, each shows you the character it belongs to :rock-right:

estriole

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
indonesian
REALLY? >_>

some tips... i think you need to upload your screenshot which can be seen directly in this forum.

try using image hosting site and post the image using image buton.

people usually too lazy to download from media fire just to see the screenshot. not to mention there's risk of virus :D .

also because no screenshot to be seen.... people tend to not play the demo. :D

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Mike running through an area that's influenced by his thoughts, thus his drawings are infused into the land.
We're playing Omori by OMOCAT starting at 2pm est :D
Hi there! Do you actively use your Itch.io account? How do you use it?
When you have your friend over and you try to have a good time and let him try your game but he legit finds 10+ bugs that you now have to add to your already big workload for the day lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
expiredmilkandcherries