Event Summer Map Contest and MV Tileset Sale!

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Oh, that makes more sense. Thanks.

Mrs_Allykat

Failsauce
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks again. It's better to ask now than to regret it later!

OnslaughtSupply

Ssshhh...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@bgillisp Wow, what an amazing idea! Probably not going to use it but thanks a totally great idea.

@hiddenone Thanks for the pep talk. I just might submit an entry. I need a break from the 1 map challenge, I am finally almost done! And I just realised that I have a ton of tilesets I have never used.

Mrs_Allykat

Failsauce
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I agree with them. This "competition" is supposed to be fun. I can't imagine that there is a free car involved. Wait, there's not a free car in this?!!?

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I made this post in the submissions thread, but copying it here as well:

Hey everyone: Make sure that your map is 30x10 tiles! (Also, for full size, you can either save as image from the editor (if you don't have any visual events used), or piece together from multiple in game screenshots. Full size should be 1440x480.)

You are responsible for making sure that your map is 30x10 tiles. Any map that isn't this size will not be valid for the contest.

EDIT: Correction: 720x240 entries at 1/2 size are fine and are what are produced by the save as image. Just make sure to save the project you create the map in so that the winner can be generated as a full image.

Last edited:

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Touchfuzzy : Save as image will make a 30 x 10 map 720 x 240, as it cuts the resolution in half. I just tested it on 1.5.2 of MV.

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@bgillisp You are correct. I forgot that it cuts in half. That is still fine. Just everyone make sure to save the project you make the map in so that we can get the full size for the banner from the winner.

Knayter

creator of a game that doesnt exist yet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Viet Nam
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It's my time to shine, but wait only MV?
Also can I use material that was created by myself for the entire map or do I have to use RTP?

Last edited:

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can use material (tiles) created by yourself, and yes, only MV.

TheOddFellow

Overactive Artisan Story Crafter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I saw submissions with what looked like map events, but when I saved my image the map events were not saved. I kinda need to show my map events to give the full effect of what I was going for.

Mrs_Allykat

Failsauce
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't think we're supposed to have overlay effects. If someone submitted something from the game screen, then they missed the instructions, or I and a few others also misunderstood the instructions.

Caitlin

\(=^o^=)/ Kitten shall rule the world!!!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@TheOddFellow I actually added characters into the tilesets, so I wouldn't have to use characters. They won't save, so... that's how I did it.

OnslaughtSupply

Ssshhh...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is using huddel's OrangeMapShot plugin OK? It takes 1:1 Map Shot and I believe saves the events into the image, I know it doesn't capture the player.

Knayter

creator of a game that doesnt exist yet
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Viet Nam
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Is using huddel's OrangeMapShot plugin OK? It takes 1:1 Map Shot and I believe saves the events into the image, I know it doesn't capture the player.
I haven't try that since the link to plugin is dead(the website got hacked), so I end up change the game resolution to 1440x480 and take a screenshot, it work pretty well If your computer have a screen resolution bigger than that

Also
Voting Dates (PT): July 20th at Noon
can someone explain the voting date part? Isn't it said on the "for winner" part is that map get most likes win? I don't understand

Last edited:

TheOddFellow

Overactive Artisan Story Crafter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@TheOddFellow I actually added characters into the tilesets, so I wouldn't have to use characters. They won't save, so... that's how I did it.
Ya know. I thought of that. I honestly did, but I never used the option so I discarded that idea. Thanks for the reply!

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Visual events are allowed.

You can also splice together multiple screenshots to show the full image.

Changing the resolution of the game with a plugin and setting your main character to invisible is probably the easiest way to get the full screenshot with events and no resizing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Who knew modern medieval was an actual music genre? I don't know what the youtube algorithms are doing but for once they found something actually fascinating:
Yay! Got 3 new frying pans, its weird, but I'm so happy about it.
Yelp. I've discovered that I am one of those people who should not be drinking coffee. Took me a week detoxing off of coffee and switching to tea to realize how badly it was affecting me- and I've been drinking the stuff for years. Yikes!
I bought a gaiter with Meijer printed on it.

I'm still a Walmart worker, and I wore it today for work.
Trying out new carpet autotiles and I can't decide if it's working or not. Pixeling soft carpets is hard

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CyberRPG