Summer Quest

Discussion in 'Summer Fun Minigame Contest' started by RyanA, Jul 30, 2012.

1. RyanA

RyanA Happy Cat Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Summer Quest

by RyanA

Once again, summer has arrived in Sunshire, and it looked to be the best ever! But a lonely Ice Queen uses her magic to turn the weather cold and snowy. Take on the role of Selette, a young girl and Nibblet, her pet cat, to venture to the Ice Queen's lair and save summer!

I set out to make a mini-game but ended up making the biggest game I ever have 3: Anyway, this game all is evented and uses 90% RTP, animal faces from Ruruga and a few pictures by me ;3 (I'm sorry if they are terrible hearts, I really did my best TwT)

The game is mostly puzzles, with pushable objects, sinking tiles, sliding on ice and enemies!

There are a few collectables too that give you a nice little side story ;3

Made with the VXAce demo

Anyway, without further adew...

Screenshots

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Download

Hope you guys have fun and have a lovely summer

- RyanA ;3

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2012
  2. Strawberrycat24

Strawberrycat24 Yummy Kitty Member

First Language:
    English
    ah another game with a kitty!

RyanA likes this.
  3. Des

Des timefantasy.net Veteran

First Language:
    American
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    this isn't a minigame.

it's a mini game.

mike_your_bro, RyanA and Helladen like this.
  4. RyanA

RyanA Happy Cat Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I'm very sorry 3:

5. emerson

emerson Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    My Norton Anti-Virus software says that both the download files have high risks of including viruses. Does anybody who has downloaded this game file have experienced viruses by downloading this?

6. RyanA

RyanA Happy Cat Veteran

First Language:
    English
    It's completely clean =w=

EternalShadow likes this.
  7. DamonCerial

DamonCerial Warper Member

First Post uaha (just registered for it xD).
    I'm playing this Game at the moment, it looks beautiful and I like it really really much even tho I usually dont like Puzzle Games that much.
    Anyways, I have to restart playing due to a bug making it unable to finish for me (I'll post it later if you want me to), should I make some sorta review for this awesome game (as far as I played :p ).
    Btw I have no problem with some Virus Detection like emerson posted, checked it with avast.

So far, meh. :3

(Excuse my incredibad english please.)

Edit: Kinda too late i see. :x

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2013
    RyanA likes this.
  8. Tigersong

Tigersong Furry Fellow Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Good work, Ryan. Just for reference, may I know how you made the heart system?

RyanA likes this.
  9. RyanA

RyanA Happy Cat Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Wow :3 Wasn't expecting any more replies to this! Well, I can tell you my secrets >:3 Firstly, I make 3 pictures, one for each level of heart. Then, I set it up to show using a common event that uses a variable to determine which picture to show! :3 Just as an example, I call this 'Heart Point'. Then, the second common event is 'Variable 'Heart Point' = 0, game over, man!'

Then the enemies throughout the game, on contact with the player deduct 1 from the variable 'Heart Point', using a healing item uses a third common event that increases the variable 'Heart Point'.

I hope it makes sense :3

10. amerk

amerk Veteran Member

First Language:
    English
    Well, here's one more reply for you then. Just got through it myself finally. It was short and sweet and fun to play through. Quite a breath of fresh air playing something casual where I didn't have to feel like I was analyzing every move or having to grind against a bunch of enemies. It was good use of the editor to show the potential of making a non rpg game.

11. Derpypollockninja

Derpypollockninja Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Norton likes to react to harmless things. MediaFire even mentioned it:

An executable file is a file in a format that a computer can directly execute. Although most executable files are safe, these formats are the most commonly used to transmit viruses and infect computers with malware. Executable files should be scanned with up to date anti-virus software and should not be opened unless you trust the source or were expecting this file.

12. shayoko

shayoko Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Shocked at the lack of comments for this!,was such a cute and lovable game with some adult humor!

The life of a daughter of a famous adventurer indeed!

the movement scripting for the events was impressive i was extremely disappointed when the game-play switched to  the girl at the start tho...

i was all for playing as a ice queen  : (

in anycase this game shows that you dont need  epic storyline to have a great game!

highly recommend this!

13. Blue Symphony

Blue Symphony Wandering soul Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hey, I don't know how I ended up here, but I just downloaded AND finished your game, I loved every bit of it, the story, gameplay, and the characters.

I suprinsingly 'died' a couple of times. One funny thing tough, when I  summoned the three minions in the last level I died after using a hear-shaped cookie, and when I woke up I had super-speed permanently...but then I died again and it was gone.

This game is nice.