Summon Actor

dustyb13@gmx.com

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey LadyBaskerville thanxs for the plug in. The checking to see if actor is alive function is wonderful, many uses for this alone.
Just wondering if the Summon part will ever be compatible with Victor's Battle Motion? Also is there any way to have the <Require Living Actor: n> without the rest of the
summon script like an individual plugin? Thanx again.

Last edited:

LadyBaskerville

Hell-poodle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I haven't used Victor's plugins, but I'll try to make my plugin compatible with as many other plugins as possible. Could you give a link to his plugin and describe in detail what the issues are?

Sure, you can use just the <Require Living Actor> notetag functionality as well. I've just taken the parts from the plugin that deal with it and put them together for you:
Code:
/*:
 * @plugindesc  Just the <Require Living Actor> notetag from Summon Actor.
 * @author LadyBaskerville
 * @help
 * ---------------------
 *      Notetag
 * ---------------------
 * You can disable certain skills and items if an actor is dead.
 * Use the notetag
 *     <Require Living Actor: n>
 * to only enable the skill or item if actor n is alive.
 * ---------------------
 *     Terms of use
 * ---------------------
 * - Free for use in both non-commercial and commercial games.
 * - You may repost and edit this plugin.
 * - If you use only this snippet from the Summon Actor plugin,
 *   credit to me as LadyBaskerville is optional.
 */

(function() {

var LB = LB || {};
LB.SummonActor = LB.SummonActor || {};

LB.SummonActor.notetagsLoaded = false;

// ---------------
//   DataManager
// ---------------
DataManager.LB_processReqActNotetags = function(group) {
    for (var i = 0; i < group.length; i++) {
        if (group[i]) {
            if (group[i].meta['Require Living Actor']) {
                group[i]._LB_requiredActor = Number(group[i].meta['Require Living Actor'].trim());
            } else {
                group[i]._LB_requiredActor = null;
            }
        } 
    }
};

LB.SummonActor.DataManager_isDatabaseLoaded = DataManager.isDatabaseLoaded;
DataManager.isDatabaseLoaded = function() {
    if (!LB.SummonActor.DataManager_isDatabaseLoaded.call(this)) {
        return false;
    }
    // the database is loaded, we can now preload the notetags if we haven't already done it
    if (!LB.SummonActor.notetagsLoaded) {
        // preload skill and item notetags
        this.LB_processReqActNotetags($dataSkills);
        this.LB_processReqActNotetags($dataItems);
        LB.SummonActor.notetagsLoaded = true;
    }
    return true;
};

// -------------------------
//     Game_BattlerBase
// -------------------------
LB.SummonActor.Game_BattlerBase_canUse = Game_BattlerBase.prototype.canUse;
Game_BattlerBase.prototype.canUse = function(item) {
    if (!LB.SummonActor.Game_BattlerBase_canUse.call(this, item)) return false;
    if (!item._LB_requiredActor) return true;
    if ($gameActors.actor(item._LB_requiredActor).isDead()) return false;
    return true;
};

})();
Just copy the code above into a .js file, add it as a new plugin and remove or deactivate the Summon Actor plugin.

dustyb13@gmx.com

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses

LadyBaskerville

Hell-poodle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It appears to be a bug in Victor's plugin with the Change Party Member command, as it happens without my plugin as well. (But it becomes more obvious with my plugin since it relies heavily on the same code that command uses.)
Looking over the thread, the bug has been reported (by the user Selvalanch on the last page), but not solved yet. I'll write another bug report with more details to Victor later today.

bohutang

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
china
Primarily Uses
The last time I forgot to report a mistake, after the summon is completed, the actor will keep flashing black box, this error like to be the skills to use the animation will appear!
10 floor of the video demo also has this phenomenon!
I do not know how to upload pictures, on the 10th floor of the video 26 seconds to start

LadyBaskerville

Hell-poodle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tried to replicate this bug, and now I'm very confused ...

When I changed the Summon's battler graphic to a larger spritesheet (the same one as in the video, actually), it indeed had the flashing black box around it when I selected it on the target selection screen - but that only happened once. On all following tests, even with exactly the same setup, the battler appeared correctly - no flashing black box anymore. Right now, I can't get the bug to appear at all, but I saw that there definitely was an issue :unsure:

The problem is, without a reliable way of replicating the bug, I can't find out what causes it and possibly fix it. If it happens reliably for you, could you show screenshots of your Plugin Manager, the Skill and the Common Event you use for the Summon, and also the Battler sheet of the actor that shows the flashing box? You can attach files to your post by clicking the "Upload a File" button.

EDIT: Oh, and could you also press the F8 key when it happens and show a screenshot of the console window that pops up as well?

bohutang

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
china
Primarily Uses
I tried to replicate this bug, and now I'm very confused ...

When I changed the Summon's battler graphic to a larger spritesheet (the same one as in the video, actually), it indeed had the flashing black box around it when I selected it on the target selection screen - but that only happened once. On all following tests, even with exactly the same setup, the battler appeared correctly - no flashing black box anymore. Right now, I can't get the bug to appear at all, but I saw that there definitely was an issue :unsure:

The problem is, without a reliable way of replicating the bug, I can't find out what causes it and possibly fix it. If it happens reliably for you, could you show screenshots of your Plugin Manager, the Skill and the Common Event you use for the Summon, and also the Battler sheet of the actor that shows the flashing box? You can attach files to your post by clicking the "Upload a File" button.

EDIT: Oh, and could you also press the F8 key when it happens and show a screenshot of the console window that pops up as well?
After several tests, I have determined! As long as the summon skills with animation, it will appear black box of the phenomenon, if the skills do not have animation will not appear!
This is the box after the F8 screenshot I hope you can refer to the next!

PS:
I have a new discovery, and now can be more sure that the error is caused by the animation!
As long as the skills of the animation flicker as the target will appear when the error, if the animation flicker for the screen will not!

Attachments

Last edited:

LadyBaskerville

Hell-poodle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think I'm getting there ... I managed to replicate the bug reliably in an outdated version of MV without any plugins - it hasn't happened in version 1.5.0 so far, but I haven't tested it extensively yet. I'll make a few more tests this evening and let you know the results.

dustyb13@gmx.com

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It appears to be a bug in Victor's plugin with the Change Party Member command, as it happens without my plugin as well. (But it becomes more obvious with my plugin since it relies heavily on the same code that command uses.)
Looking over the thread, the bug has been reported (by the user Selvalanch on the last page), but not solved yet. I'll write another bug report with more details to Victor later today.
Thanks for the plugin it works perfectly and thanks for bug report as well. Had no idea what any of that meant. :)

LadyBaskerville

Hell-poodle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm still not sure what exactly is going on with the "black box bug", but I have found out a few things. Since it turned out it has nothing to do with any plugins, I'll put my results in a spoiler to not derail the thread.

1. It is definitely not a plugin issue, but it happens in a blank project as well. (Still, plugins might make it worse.)
2. It has something to do with the size of the actor's battler sheet - the bug never occurs on a battler sheet of the default size, only on larger ones.
3. At least for me, it only happens when an actor that uses a larger battler sheet is swapped into the first slot of the battle party (with the Change Party Member event command or - if the plugin is enabled - a plugin command from my Summon Actor plugin. Which makes sense, since the latter basically adds the Summon to the party and then removes all the other party members with the same functions as the event command.)
4. There is an improvement from MV 1.3.4 to 1.5.0 (latest version): On 1.3.4, the bug happens reliably and the black box keeps flashing over the actor as long as the target selection is on the actor. It happens independent of the starting party size. On 1.5.0, the flashing box vanishes after a while (anywhere between 10 seconds and 1 minute in my tests). So far, it has only happened with a full starting party (4 battle members), and even then not every time.

So if your project is using an earlier version of MV, you might consider updating to version 1.5.0 (following the instructions in the update thread and see if it helps - make sure to backup your project before you do this!), or take this issue to the MV Support section since it happens in the default engine as well, and people with a better understanding of PIXI and WebGL, from where the error message originates, are more likely to see it there. I'm afraid I can't help you any further than this, since my knowledge of MV's image rendering functions is limited at best and I currently don't have the time to delve deeper into it.

redbat001

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Hello, just a question regarding your summon plugin.

When used with one of Ækashics animated battlers (in this example the Quetzalcoatl) the placement of the summon is...inconvenient to say the least.

I'm using a screen resolution of 960x540, it's a new project w/ Yanflys Battle Core + STB system. (No other battle plugins.)
I really would like to use this plugin as it's simplistic and easy to use.

Thank you.

Attachments

Last edited:

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@redbat001 Your image is not showing. What you can do is
click Edit on your post
Select the button More Options
Click the Upload a File button
Upload your image
Click Insert full image

LadyBaskerville

Hell-poodle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@redbat001 I see the problem. I've just made a tiny extra plugin to shift the SV actor graphic around. It works independent of any other plugin, and should be compatible with Yanfly's Battle Engine Core if you place it below Yanfly's plugin. Download it directly here or save the following code in a .js file and add it in the Plugin Manager:
Code:
/*:
 * @plugindesc Lets you shift SV actors with notetags.
 * @author LadyBaskerville
 * @help
 * Use the following notetags in the actor notebox:
 * <ShiftX: n> to shift the actor n pixels to the right.
 * <ShiftY: n> to shift the actor n pixels down.
 * Use negative values of n to shift the actor in the opposite direction.
 * Free for use in both non-commercial and commercial games.
 * No credit required.
 * Edits and reposts allowed.
 */
_Sprite_Actor_setActorHome = Sprite_Actor.prototype.setActorHome;
Sprite_Actor.prototype.setActorHome = function(index) {
    _Sprite_Actor_setActorHome.call(this, index);
    var id = this._actor._actorId;

if ($dataActors[id].meta.ShiftX) {
        this.setHome(this._homeX + Number($dataActors[id].meta.ShiftX), this._homeY);
    }
    if ($dataActors[id].meta.ShiftY) {
        this.setHome(this._homeX, this._homeY + Number($dataActors[id].meta.ShiftY));
    }
};
Use the notetags <ShiftX: n> and/or <ShiftY: n> in the actor's notebox to shift the battler around. For the graphic you're using, something like <ShiftY: 100> should work well - you might need to play around with the numbers a bit to get the position exactly the way you want.

You might also want to use the <Anchor X: y.z> notetag from Yanfly's Battle Engine Core to position the shadow a bit further left.

Last edited:

redbat001

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMXP
@LadyBaskerville Thanks for the prompt response.

It seems like there might be an error, because when I placed the script in and used the notetags, it didn't appear to do anything.
Pressing F8 this shows up.

EDIT:
I think the problem was you were missing a parenthesis in the ShiftY if statement
Upon changing it, everything works fine now.

Thanks again =)

Attachments

Last edited:

LadyBaskerville

Hell-poodle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You're right, there's one missing. I've corrected it now :blush:

Saneterre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Hello. There is an incompatibility with yanfly's "turn order display" plugin (used with Battle system STD ). This plugin shows icon to know who is going to act. Let's say my actor 1 does the summon. Everything works until the summon gets away, at which point the icons reresenting all my actors become the same icon as actor 1.
I hope it was clear.

Thanks a lot for your hard work, I think your plugin is great !

LadyBaskerville

Hell-poodle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you for letting me know, I'll look into it!

Saneterre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Thank you so much ! I'd love to use your plugin, but because of this little detail I can't so thanks again if you can make it compatible.

LadyBaskerville

Hell-poodle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Saneterre Unfortunately, at least partially this appears to be a bug in Yanfly's Turn Order Display plugin - it also occurs without the Summon Actor plugin if you replicate its basic function with common events. Please double-check if the same thing happens for you. Here's how I replicated it with the minimum amount of steps:
- New project (both editor and project version are 1.5.1)
- Add and activate Yanfly's Battle Engine Core and, below that, Turn Order Display (latest versions of both plugins) without changing any of the parameters; deactivate the other two plugins that were added by default
- Create a new actor (this will be the test summon)
- Create two Common Events to mimic the SummonActor and ReturnParty plugin commands (images below)
- Create two skills that execute these common events
- Give the Summon and Return skills to the appropriate actors (or simply to the Hero class on Lv 1)
- Start a battle (via event on the map), let the actor with the Summon skill use that skill
- Let the Summon use the Return skill
plugins.png summon_ce.png return_ce.png wrong_faces.png

Usually, I would report this to Yanfly myself, but I'm not sure where - the plugin thread on this forum was closed a while ago. I'm very sorry I can't be of more help with this :kaoswt2:

Saneterre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
I followed your steps and I agree with you, it doesn't come from your plugin. I'm not sure where to tell yanfly either.
Thank you very much for trying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Caught a guy trying to break into our house today. Appearantly he intended to burgle our neighbor (a 94yo widow) but picked the wrong house. Faced with two angry males he was quick to give up without a fight...
I just joined the club of nerds making their own Excel-Sheets to calculate HP / MP / EXP.. parameter curves
Me: "Finally finished most of my game backlog. Probably time to do some gamedev" | Steam: *offer sales*
If I recorded while I created (what I think is) a small plugin, would you be interested enough in the process to watch it?
I keep trying to explain to clients that the huddle masses behind the old K-Mart are a Fallout Reenactment group. Somehow I don't think they believe me. :LZSskeptic:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonylogan