jmonkey106

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was looking for a plugin for MV that can let me summon actors during battle but have them only last for a certain amount of turns.

This plugin seems to do this, though it doesn't work with Yanfly plugins and I use Yanfly.
So if there is a plugin like this or a way to make them work with each other please tell me!

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

I've moved this thread to Plugin Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Why do you think it doesn't work with Yanfly plugins? It's working in my game just fine, and I use a bunch of the Yanfly suite. Have you tried, and you're experiencing a problem?

jmonkey106

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Why do you think it doesn't work with Yanfly plugins? It's working in my game just fine, and I use a bunch of the Yanfly suite. Have you tried, and you're experiencing a problem?
I tried it and the summon skill doesn't even appear even when writing the correct taglines in notes

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I tried it and the summon skill doesn't even appear even when writing the correct taglines in notes
Then post a screenshot of your plugin list and the notetags you're using - as I say, I'm not having any trouble with it. Do you really mean that the skill itself isn't appearing? That doesn't rely on anything from the summon plugin, it sounds like you're not giving the skill to the actor correctly.

jmonkey106

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It wasn't showing before so I reinstalled it to test it again but now this happens:

1.PNG
This comes up when I start the game.

2.PNG
My Plugin List

3.PNG
The skill I made to test it

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The skill looks fine (although you might want to add the space before 6, I don't know how finicky his parser is). Are you sure you've given it to a class or actor to have as a skill?

As far as the error...it looks like it's trying to do something with an actor that doesn't exist. Look in your database, under the System tab, do all of the actors under Starting Party still exist in your Actors tab? Do you have at least one actor there? Do they all have a class assigned to them?

jmonkey106

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The skill looks fine (although you might want to add the space before 6, I don't know how finicky his parser is). Are you sure you've given it to a class or actor to have as a skill?

As far as the error...it looks like it's trying to do something with an actor that doesn't exist. Look in your database, under the System tab, do all of the actors under Starting Party still exist in your Actors tab? Do you have at least one actor there? Do they all have a class assigned to them?
It's an error with the plugin. I remove all actors for only the ones that I need, I get the error. I remove the skill, I get the error. I do both, error. I remove the plugin, no error.

It must be my load order or the plugin just doesn't work with my yanfly plugins.

EDIT: I also tried putting a space like you said, still got an error.

ATT_Turan

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The order in terms of Summon is fine, I have mine at the bottom of the list and it's no problem.

The only Yanfly plugins you're using that I'm not are Element Core, Battle Status Window and Overkill Bonus.

I'd suggest two things to you: make a new project, include only the Summon plugin, and run it, make sure it's not some problem with your MV (are you running the latest version?).

If that works, go back to your project and turn off everything except Summon, try to run it - if that doesn't work, then the problem is something you've coded into your game or database. If it does run, then turn your other plugins back on one at a time until you find the combination that glitches.

It's also odd that you were using it before without this crash, and it only started now. It might be worth re-downloading the plugin to make sure it isn't corrupted in some way.

Last edited:

jmonkey106

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The order in terms of Summon is fine, I have mine at the bottom of the list and it's no problem.

The only Yanfly plugins you're using that I'm not are Element Core, Battle Status Window and Overkill Bonus.

I'd suggest two things to you: make a new project, include only the Summon plugin, and run it, make sure it's not some problem with your MV (are you running the latest version?).

If that works, go back to your project and turn off everything except Summon, try to run it - if that doesn't work, then the problem is something you've coded into your game or database. If it does run, then turn your other plugins back on one at a time until you find the combination that glitches.

It's also odd that you were using it before without this crash, and it only started now. It might be worth re-downloading the plugin to make sure it isn't corrupted in some way.
Alright, I did what you said and it seems my game has a problem that doesn't let me summon. I'll take a look to find out.

Soulrender

Jack Of All Trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Poland
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you add YEP_AutoPassiveStates.js plugin, then you can do summoning and unsummoning with that plugin along with YEP_BuffStatesCore.js plugin:

Let's assume you have both plugins installed then you need to do the following steps:

#1 - Create an actor you wish to summon

#2 - Add this notetag to actor wich will be summoned
Code:
<Passive State: x> - keep in mind that "x", it will be needed later

#3 - Create a Common Event wich does Add a party member to team and place beneath it ControlVariables and select your unused game variable and set it value how long actor will remain in battle - for this particular solution, set it to 3

#4 - In skill wich does summoning place in effects that common event from step #3 (Should be like this: https://prnt.sc/10ct9ox

#5 - Now, go to states section of database and create a dummy (empty) state and in notetag place this
Code:
<custom turn end effect>
var turns = $gameVariables.value(y)
turns -= 1
if (turns <= 0){
$gameParty.removeActor(z);
}
</custom turn end effect>

Now for the meaning of letters:
X - will be ID of state you place in actor's notetag - https://prnt.sc/10ct3rf (in my case it's 99)
Common Event should look like that: - https://prnt.sc/10ct7vu and state should be like this https://prnt.sc/10ct657

Y - is ID of your game variable - I won't post a Screenshot, because at this point it should be clear how to use them (in this case it's ID 1)

Z - is ID of summoned actor from database (in this example it's 6)

Disclaimer:
This is only theoretical approach of summoning skill and I didn't test it, because right now I'm a little busy, but I'm sure someone will eventually correct any mistakes in my approach of summoning skill.
Good luck.

Edit: I made a mistake in skill's scope - It should be Battle Screen, not Menu Screen

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It must be my load order or the plugin just doesn't work with my yanfly plugins.
the order of your yanfly plugins is wrong - they HAVE TO BE in exactly the order given on yanfly's main list page, or they can and will cause problems.
and most changes in plugins also require you to start new games, because saved games contain the plugin data and order of when the save was created - not the one that is current after changes, and that causes more errors.

jmonkey106

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the order of your yanfly plugins is wrong - they HAVE TO BE in exactly the order given on yanfly's main list page, or they can and will cause problems.
and most changes in plugins also require you to start new games, because saved games contain the plugin data and order of when the save was created - not the one that is current after changes, and that causes more errors.
I fixed my order and started a new save, everything seems to work, thanks!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Livestreaming again.
I managed to review my previous lessons on Learn MV and fixed a lot of things. Yay! :kaopride:
I've decided "Attack on Equestria" should be released first... hence this new ARG channel! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClKiUI8xOVx9dsF4kRXUmxw
Check it out, and subscribe! The ARG will lead up to the video game. It's not a creepy game, but I just thought it should follow ARG standards.
For anyone interested in my project M - i finally made a gamethread about it :D

Yay. I turned 39 today. Another year older, another year closer to the grave.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AttilaHU1990