SoulBlade32

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was wondering if there was a way that I'm just overlooking to have a summoner class. This class would essentially get it's abilities by getting a random item drop from monsters that has a very low drop chance. Once the item is used the Summoner will learn a new skill. When they use this skill, however, I want the monster to appear on the screen during the animation. I might just be way too exhausted to see the obvious answer right in front of my face, but I haven't been able to figure it out as of this moment.

antega34

Anthony
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey there, so the easiest way I have found to do this would be using the Yana MZ plugin BeforeCommon.js. It allows you to set up a common event to play before the skill animation. So what I did was simply have a picture display in the common event and then erase it, then just set a skill to use said common event with the plugin notetag. And obviously it will play the skill animation after. I use it for a psuedo-summon system and it works well enough for me! Not sure if this is exactly what you wanted but hopefully it helps. :)

Links:

EDIT: Attached an example of how it would look in battle.

Attachments

• 1619145938270.png
    1619145938270.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 8

SoulBlade32

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there, so the easiest way I have found to do this would be using the Yana MZ plugin BeforeCommon.js. It allows you to set up a common event to play before the skill animation. So what I did was simply have a picture display in the common event and then erase it, then just set a skill to use said common event with the plugin notetag. And obviously it will play the skill animation after. I use it for a psuedo-summon system and it works well enough for me! Not sure if this is exactly what you wanted but hopefully it helps. :)

Links:

EDIT: Attached an example of how it would look in battle.
This is basically exactly what I wanted! Thank you so much! Do you know if it conflicts with any Visustella plugins? I'm using quite a few of those.

antega34

Anthony
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is basically exactly what I wanted! Thank you so much! Do you know if it conflicts with any Visustella plugins? I'm using quite a few of those.
yes so far I'm having no issue, just be sure that in the skill notetag, you don't add the common event under the effects tab, just the notetag(otherwise it will replay the event). I'll attach some photos of how it should be set up.

1619647676033.png1619647717419.png
Additionally, under the BeforeCommon plugin it assigns 2 variables to this so just make sure those aren't any you are using under the plugin settings.
Let me know if you have any other questions!

EDIT: As proof of it's compatability, the limited uses notetag for the skill and the plugin command animated picture for the common event both correlate to Visustella plugins so they definitely work well together :)

SoulBlade32

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yes so far I'm having no issue, just be sure that in the skill notetag, you don't add the common event under the effects tab, just the notetag(otherwise it will replay the event). I'll attach some photos of how it should be set up.

View attachment 187804View attachment 187805
Additionally, under the BeforeCommon plugin it assigns 2 variables to this so just make sure those aren't any you are using under the plugin settings.
Let me know if you have any other questions!

EDIT: As proof of it's compatability, the limited uses notetag for the skill and the plugin command animated picture for the common event both correlate to Visustella plugins so they definitely work well together :)
This is awesome. Thank you so much! I appreciate you going through the time and effort and slapping this together for me. One last question, I'm assuming I am going to need to set up a common for each summon correct? Thanks again!

antega34

Anthony
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ya no problem, this was a big issue for me as well so thought I'd pass along what I learned :)
And yes you would need a common event per summon to my knowledge, or at least that's the easiest way. And then it's just about figuring out where to place the picture position. (PS: If you have sprites of the summons, I recommend using VisuStella animated pictures for a cleaner look)

SoulBlade32

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ya no problem, this was a big issue for me as well so thought I'd pass along what I learned :)
And yes you would need a common event per summon to my knowledge, or at least that's the easiest way. And then it's just about figuring out where to place the picture position. (PS: If you have sprites of the summons, I recommend using VisuStella animated pictures for a cleaner look)
Thanks! I promise I shall put your knowledge to good use! I'm thinking of doing old school Final Fantasy Tactics style summons. My cousin is an artist and is helping me with all the artwork :) so essentially it would be just a portrait of the summon.

antega34

Anthony
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oh sounds awesome glad I could help!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I've been working on something on and off for a few years now, and I've been reluctant to share any details on the project before I had anything playable because I did not want to generate hype only for the project to go back on hiatus. That being said I believe what I'm working on is very unique and pushes the boundaries of what RPG Maker projects can be. Bold claims, I know but just wait.
Happy Mother's Day to all the moms :)
Create Anime Art w/ AI, Tall Sprites with Aurora, Customize Variable Display | RPG Maker News #34

[My favorite slow moving track I've made so far]
dd_airport2.jpgdd_combat.jpg
dd_town.jpg
I did an experiment to try to solve the art style problem between RTP and 3D models.
But, it feels this grimdark world is going to end even faster. :kaoswt2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foxiee05