SumRndmDde's Character Creator EX: just not even opening at all?

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by Damascus7, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Damascus7

Damascus7 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hallo. I'm trying to implement SumRndmDde's Character Creator EX, but for whatever reason, the plugin command to open it is just not working at all.

I have:
    • Loaded the plugin and turned it on.
    • Placed it under Super Tools Engine on the list.
    • Populated all the folders with images for the character creator
    • Made sure everything is up to date with current versions
    • Gotten rid of every other custom plugin to make sure nothing's conflicting with it
    • Cried
    • Sacrificed a goat to the god of plugins

But absolutely nothing is working. I run the plugin command "OpenCharacterCreator 1" as it says, but nothing happens. I've only just gotten back into RPG Makers, so maybe the plugin has been discontinued without me knowing it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If anyone wants to take a look at it, here's a download link for the project where I'm just trying to test it.

2. Aloe Guvner

Aloe Guvner Walrus Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Any errors in the console? (press F8 during playtest to open it)

3. Damascus7

Damascus7 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'll be honest I don't know how to <--snip--> use the F keys on this laptop. They're all assigned to stuff, with F8 being volume up. Everything I look up tells me to use Fn+F8, or Shift+F8, or Fn+Shift+F8, etc, but none of them work it just keeps doing volume up.

EDIT: Okay, turns out I have to press Fn THEN F8, not at the same time. So I found out what the problem was.

The plugin is checking the folder img/SumRndmDde/character-creator-ex, even though the plugin instructions told me to put everything in img/character-creator-ex

So at least I know it was not my fault, but the designer's for putting the wrong instructions. But anyway I have it working now.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2019
  4. Aloe Guvner

Aloe Guvner Walrus Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That setting is specific to your laptop. You can swap it so you have to press fn to change the volume but that's something you need to look up for your specific laptop.

For someone who might find the thread in the future, here's the instructions from the SRD site about that folder:

5. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Damascus7 I have removed the foul language in your post that you managed to get past the site's obscenity blocker. Please remember that this site is rated PG13, and that there are, therefore, children using it. We hope that all our Members will take this into account when posting.
    Thank you.