ItsMeSam

reee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey. I'm bad at javascript and don't really have the time to learn it, so If what i'm saying sound dumb, keep that in your mind.

Anyways, I'm trying to display the current HP of an actor using this, since party position needs to remain consistent due to my HUD.

$gameActors.actor(1).hp
Screenshot 2021-06-16 224650.png

And the eval doesn't work. Probably because I'm dumb. How do I correctly get this to happen? I watched all of the official tutorials but SRD himself always made it relative to the leader and party, so it didn't help that much.

Also, is there an eval I can use to check whose turn it is so I can have them appear using a condition? Thanks.

STARFALL

Core of the Stars
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you almost done, use this:
${$gameActors.actor(1).hp}

ItsMeSam

reee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Amazing, thanks. It worked. I was going to do that but for some reason I didn't. Also, you have any idea for that second part? The condition for when it's someone's turn?

STARFALL

Core of the Stars
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
We use this, just change the number 3 for the actor Id that you want.:
BattleManager.actor() && BattleManager.actor().actorId()===3

ItsMeSam

reee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
huh... when i put that in the condition box, the entire element disappears. not in the way i want to, the entire thing gets deleted.

STARFALL

Core of the Stars
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Mmm, that happen when write and error... but is rare. try imputing a space between '() ===3"
some Like this:
BattleManager.actor() && BattleManager.actor().actorId() ===1;
to me work see below, is green for me (Active)

Attachments

• Screenshot (187).png
    Screenshot (187).png
    528.1 KB · Views: 3

ItsMeSam

reee
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, that works. Thank you!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Let's continue making our game in MZ! Touchfuzzy is... still eventing... though this time we may be working on eventing some tutorial stuff for our players!

I work late on the game so I sleep in then I wake up late so I have to work hard to make up for sleeping in meaning I work late again and sleep in again... what a nasty cycle.
I just had my first real fire. Dad made burgers for lunch and the grill caught fire. He tried to get water but I told him you should never put water on a grease fire. So I got him the fire extinguisher under the sink and we managed to put it out. I can still smell a little of the smoke coming from the patio, but at least it's clearing. It sure was scary though.
was rendering a video and window decided to bsod on me :D fun
Could not for the life of me figure out how to implement the dual/triple techs in Touch the Stars in a player-friendly way. Was describing all the problems to my wife and just rubber-ducked a solution that should work brilliantly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
subspecs