Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello everyone,

I recently began using SumRndmDde's Summon Core plugin, but I've ran into a problem- it seems that the actors summoned using Summon skills don't adhere to the normal actor positions (for example, the first actor summoned by a party of one actor is not placed where Party Member 2 would be placed if there were two party members at the beginning of the battle)- they must be placed in a specific position of their own. This is making it difficult for me to complete my summon system- if a player summons actors A, B, and C, either the sprites overlap (one option in the plugin) or the player is not able to summon all three actors since the space would be occupied by actor A, and therefore B & C's Skills wouldn't be able to be used.

I noticed that the position where the summoned actor appears is set by a formula (master._homeX -/+ #, master._homeY -/+ #)- is there some variable that would allow me to set the summoned actor's position as, say, 240 pixels to the right of the last actor in the party? (So if the actor summoning was on the left, the player could summon three other actors and they would each be placed to the right of each other.)

(I hope I've explained myself well enough- it's a bit difficult to explain.)

Thank you in advance for your help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

if you want learn free cool stuff for game dev .
Your jumping works great, self. Now onward! Let's add to some of those dungeon tilesets that are looking a tad sparse.
Gotta vent a minute: "Move routes" have been unintuitive and clunky since the 90's and I absolutely cannot believe there is no built-in functionality to direct an event to an x, y coordinate. Thank you for coming to my TED talk.
I watched a local Amish community hold a cart and buggy presidential rally that passed by my worksite this afternoon and it really got me thinking...how do the Amish keep up with national news?
trying to wrap up the boat/ship/castaway tilesets with a great galleon - no promises

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grap_ix