Poryg

Dark Lord of the Castle of Javascreeps
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's been known for a while that this plugin was incompatible. The reason for that is, the newest MV uses a different version of nwjs compared to 1.5.1.

Eliaquim

Raze: The Rakuen Zero's Guardian!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/debug-console-on-f12-how-to-move-back-to-f8.97208/ - Old thread on the same topic

Anyone notice that SumRndmDde's Super Tools Engine Plugin doesn't work anymore on the newest update because f12 opens up the developer console?

This was one of the best things ever for RPG Maker MV in my opinion, is there a fix floating around out there? SumRndmDde has not updated his plugin in awhile.
I noticed that! To solve put in the plugin parameters to open the window editor automatically!
It works for me :)

Eliaquim

Raze: The Rakuen Zero's Guardian!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese - Br
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Doesn't work for me :(
Oh! Sorry, I answer you in the other thread.
To bad...

I really want it to work with mobile, but I had no luck too

Darkskull

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It doesn't work on computer at all with the new update, even with "open on launch" activated.

And no need to apologize. I appreciate your help @Eliaquim

Last edited:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
[move]Javascript/Plugin Support[/move]

Darkskull

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'll probably need to downgrade RPG Maker MV to get the functionality back for now. How is that done on the steam version of RMMV?

Lonewulf123

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Enlish
When did this update happen? Super Tools is still working fine for me.

Darkskull

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I downgraded, and that is the best temporary solution. :)

Selecting a previous version via this is the best way to downgrade that I've seen.

Last edited:

KrimsonKatt

Pyromancer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah, I'm having this problem too. SumRndDde really needs to update his plugins pronto!

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@KrimsonKatt Considering he's been out of the community for well over a year, I don't think that's gonna happen.

KrimsonKatt

Pyromancer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Poryg Huh? What happened? First Yanfly and now him... Are there even any more scripters left?

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@KrimsonKatt Actually, it was first him, then Yanfly. As for what happened,... Essentially the same thing that forced Irina to hide behind a paywall. The same thing that forced Victor to leave the community. And the thing I was lucky not to encounter due to not becoming mainstream, but sure as hell discouraged me from trying to become mainstream.
The RPG maker community may be supportive when you're making a game. But when you create free content for it, you're bound to find the dark side. Pretty much all large communities where free community content is involved have it, doesn'tr matter if it's RMWeb, or a minecraft mod making community.
When you become mainstream, you'll constantly be a target of people hating on you for this plugin "breaking their game" (compatibility issues or in many cases them using it wrong), sprites being incompatible with other resources, etc. Every major update was a trial by fire for mainstream plugin makers, because some of the plugins would break and the backlash would sometimes be insane.
When you go to the internet, you need to get used to internet trolls. But the problem is when you create free content for everyone - the entitlement and undeserved toxicity you have to deal with can be demotivating. And I'm not talking just about people calling you names. There's people who will tell you you deserve death or even send you death threats. And everybody has a breaking point.
As far as I know, there are only small plugin developers left. Every major one has left the community, some of them partially, some others totally.

KrimsonKatt

Pyromancer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Poryg That's incredibly sad, incredibly infuriating, and incredibly stupid. When you are on the internet and you are somewhat popular, you will ALWAYS, and I mean ALWAYS get death threats and other insults thrown at you. No one will actually try to hunt you down as they say. They're just bluffing. Outside of a few instances of SWATTing (which people can only do if you make your address public or somehow get doxxed) no one were actually killed from people giving death threats. It's so surprising to see so many people freaked out about a couple idiots (who are likely to young to own a weapon or drive to your house to enact their "plan") wishing you death when really you are perfectly safe and they are just bluffing. It's so sad that people do to such extremes or even hurting themselves just because some bloke on the internet wished you death. Death isn't even that bad. The afterlife is way better IMO.

Anyways it's idiotic how just because of a couple trolls and those fools who sold normally FREE content on shady websites (why would you even buy them unless your IQ is literally 0?) literally every single member of the community has left and the RPG Maker community is in ruins. Even the recent announcement of a new "engine" isn't enough to save it if no one would make any plugins for it. Unless the new engine has a built-in sideview battle, and good victory screen, a quest system, materia/shard system, summons, a class-change system, a even further improved character generator, an in-engine sprite maker, a lower resolution for easier spriting, and a couple more features, RPG Maker is officially dead and there is nothing anyone can do about it. The only thing any wanna-be game devs can do is either deal with the crappy default engine that now has literally 0 support, or learn ridiculously complected coding languages just to be able to make their story come to life. All I wanted to do was to make an epic cinematic series which I have been dreaming of since Kindergarden, constantly evolving and shifting, but now that dream is dead and all I can do is write freaking books about my stories, which lack not only visuals but also gameplay, making my dream completely ruined. I'm done with life. It's all over now. There's nothing left to live for. Kingdom Hearts 3 was a massive disappointment who's story was absolute trash and didn't leave any sort of amazing, final impact I was hoping for the final game in the Xehanort saga, just leading us with a mindless, rushed story filled to the brim with filler, awful plot twists, no sense of finality, a terrible ending, the worst final boss in the series, (literally worse than Young Xehanort and Sora's Heartless. RE:CODED HAD A BETTER FINAL BOSS THEN THE FREAKING FINAL GAME IN THE SAGA WE WAITED 8 WHOLE YEARS FOR SINCE DREAM DROP DISTANCE!!! WHAT THE HECK!!! That's it, I'm done with life. There is nothing to live for in this world anymore. There are no games to look forward to as Breath of the Wild 2 will be crap because against what y'all may be thinking it was actually MONONLITH SOFT the makers of XENOBLADE that developed around 90% of Breath of the Wild, you know, ALL THE GOOD PARTS. The rest of the 10% were headed by Anouma who added in all the bad parts, AKA the crappy divine beast dungeons, weapons breaking, terrible story, and insistance to forgo a leveling system and a good english dub, TERRIBLE mapping systems, and all the rest of the things you didn't like about Breath of the Wild. And guess who isn't working on the sequel? MONONLITH SOFT!!! I'm telling you, Breath of the Wild 2 will suck because it will go back to Zelda's archaic Ocarina of Time retread systems from literally every 3D game OoT onward, and everyone will hate it, 6/10s and 7/10s across the board, nowhere near as good as BotW 1. They story has SOME potential to be good, but I have almost 100% faith that a good video game story will never exist ever again because only idiots are running the video game scene. Paper Mario is dead. (every game since Sticker Star sucked. I have little hope for origami kind) Every game ever made by Konami is dead. (Konami is now a gambling company and refuses to give up their IPs) Zelda is dead. (there will never be another original 2D zelda ever again) Mario is dead, (because nintendo refuses to make Mario Odyssey 2 or a good 2D mario that's not stupid mario maker or the "New" style that has been dead since 2013) Mario and Luigi is dead. (company went under after the kept making remakes for a dead console) Mario Kart is dead. (the only good game is MK Wii and now Nintendo refuses to do anything but re-release the terrible MK8) Pokemon is dead. (games haven't been good since Gen 5 despite the massive quality of life improvements) Final Fantasy is dead. (new games only release once a decade with one numbered game per generation because GRAFIXZ!!! Last original FF game was XV which sucked and before that XIII which also sucked which were also 10 years apart in release. XII was great but was made by a different team and came out in 2008, 7 years after FF10. I miss the days (even though I wasn't alive then) when a new FF game launched every other year.) Mana is dead. (last good game was 3, we only got remakes (two of the three being atrocious) after the terrible SD4 released along with a bunch of crappy spin-offs. Series has been without an original game since 2005.) Chrono is dead. (Only 2 games, last game released 20 years ago. Completely dead franchise) and Xenoblade, the only good series left which looks like it's going down the same whole pokemon went down since every game after the masterpeice-upon-masterpiece the first game was went HEAVILY down in quality since 2 had (mostly) good characters (and waifus) but who's gameplay and tone failed in almost every way, X which was over 10,000 hours long and was basiclly an MMO on Wii U with an awful plot that ends of a cliffhanger that will never be resolved, and Torna which was TERRIBLE beyond words, being 95% required fetch quest and 5% actual game and story. Xenoblade is literally the best game ever made bar-none, and it's very unfortunate that Xenoblade has such a massive drop in quality from 1 to 2. The only series left with any kind of hope is Megaman, though it was literally dead for 12 years from MMZXA all the way to MM11 with the only games we got in-between being crappy 8-bit throwback aniversery games that were digital-only and collections, most of them being terrible or being filled with (mostly) terrible games. I just want ZX3 with a leveling system, actually good Metroidvania design, and voice acting that literally crap who's actors are ripped from the terrible X7 because they didn't have the budget to hire the X8 MHX and Command Mission guys. Now, the last bastion for video game development, me, KrimsonKatt, has been forever destroyed by things completely outside my control. Screw Yanfly, Screw, SRD, Screw Victor, screw the trolls and haters, and screw everyone who helped in the absolute demise of the RPG Make platform. And guess what? I'm going to do the same dirty trick you pulled you disgusting haters by giving YOU a death threat. Burn in the everlasting flames of tartatus you disgusting, wreched, filth of human beings that single-handedly contributed to the end of many a game-makers career, forcing us back into the hands of the corrupt game devs like Activison, EA, and 2K who don't let us developers have any sort of creative freedom and only work as slaves to their corperate machine constally printing out endless Call-of-Duties and NBA2Ks and FIFAs and Maddens. I hate this world and everyone on it. I hope the great reckoning happens so bevause I just want everyone on this planet to just die (inluding me) so all the good people (like me) would like in heaven with all of our greatest desires met and all the bad, crappy, horrible people, (the trolls, the haters, yanfly, victor. SRD, Donald Trump, Hitler, the CEOs of EA, Activison, 2K, and Ubisoft, Ben Lasly, John Roberson, Mtr. Gordin, Joseph roew, alinity, jake paul, logal paul, onisian, davie vanity, jaystation, and every other worthless degerate sub-human) would burn in the infernal fires of hell for all of eternity and SUFFER SUFFER SUFFER!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHRHRHRRRRRHRHRHRHHRH!!!

(Editors Note: ght now my friend KrimsonKatt is very pissed, please keep in mind that his thoughts rinnow are not rational but sometimes he just needs to vent to the world to calm down. Also, the comments shown may or may not be satire. You have been warned.

KrimsonKatt

Pyromancer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I hate my life.

Edit: I'm sorry about my rant earlier. I was really emotional and just needed a place to vent my frustrations since my consoler is out of town. I've also been having a bad week in general, so learning about the death of the RPG Maker community was really the last straw. I'm really not sure what to even do with my life unless the next RPG Maker is really, REALLY good.

Last edited:

Poryg

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Czech
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@KrimsonKatt Well, let me tell you a little secret.
The RPG Maker has been a sinking ship for a loooong time.
Who is responsible for that? Well... I guess in a way, everyone.
Kadokawa gave us MV. An awesome engine. Except maybe that it was kinda slow and inefficient. Its two main selling points? Mobile development, which works sluggish to this day, and a 100% open-source engine... But not only the engine did not have a solid API... It was also 100% undocumented (that thing in the help files cannot be called anything close to documentation). We begged for documentation for 5 years. We got nothing.
Documentation however is very important. Because without that, those who used the VXAce engine can orientate themselves quite easily due to their large similarities. But total newcomers have no solid ground to begin on, being forced to reverse engineer the engine. And nobody has the time for that.
So perhaps we have some tutorials on plugin making for MV, explaining the basics?
Well... Kadokawa did not make them. Degica did not make them. And even large RM youtubers did not make them. Why? Because they were not the requested content. A mapping tutorial grabs more attention than a programming tutorial... Heck, even a let's play grabs more attention! And people preferred plugins in front of a plugin making tutorial any day.
For a long time the only one who made extensive MV plugin making tutorials was Soulpour. His tutorials were a solid start, but they also left out a lot of key information. It's not important now anyway. If you ask around, people are much more likely to remember Soulpour for credit theft. And who will remember that for a long time he was the only one who made an extensive tutorial series about MV plugin making?
I can guarantee, not too many.
Now that he has deleted his videos, I took his place. But it's already way too late. With no base to create good plugin makers, the MV programming community suffered greatly. And the large influx of people attracted to MV for html5 and mobile development did not help either, because not too many people who come are too keen on giving back to the community.
During times of VXAce people actually discussed code and the community was more tied together. MV on the other hand brought more of a "Is there a plugin that does X?" mindset.
With Yanfly plugins offering the greatest customizability, the general community has become rather Yanfly centered as well. If your plugins did not support Yanfly plugins, you were doomed. And we don't need to look too far for proof. Even ******* shows some basic data. Where Yanfly earned a grand a month, for anyone else reaching $100 on ******* was a huge milestone and only few have reached it - Echo607, SRDude, Driftwood and maybe theUnproPro. VE did not make it to $100.
And that's another thing. When you're developing stuff for free, nothing binds you to the community except for your own dedication. And if a community is toxic towards me, $150 a month just aren't worth the stress. It's $5 a day in a 30 day month. Instead of 5 hours of plugin making I can do two hours of leaflet handing and will earn more money for significantly less stress both from the programming and from the community. I can't blame the community for not giving out more and neither I actually am. But I absolutely can for the added stress. As I said. Everybody has a breaking point. And it was not about few people wishing you were dead. Every update brought in loads of messages about something being broken. Some were polite, some were spicy. Then there were emails of how your plugins are garbage, because they broke their game. Or because they don't support X. Irina has even shown a case of people going out of their way to find her on discord to harass her in her DMs if I remember correctly.

This is an oversimplified story. I have left a lot of details out. It's derailing off topic after all. Nevertheless, you're right. The programming community is dead. And with new RM coming there might be no plugin base. I can't say I'm too sad about it though. The MV era was bogus in all fronts. Who knows, maybe the new RM brings the much needed restart. But if I'm honest, I'm not keeping my hopes too high.

ImaginaryVillain

Now A YouTube Cool Kid! =D
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Absurdism
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What an informative read. Now I don't want release any of the plugins I'm making for my game. :kaoswt:

Also am I missing something? Sure this opens the console with F12 and Super Tools. But you can just close the console. Super Tools is then still open. Been using it just fine. o_O

Also there's a "beta" version you can try listed on the same page. Personally I think the beta works better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

:3c here's a thing i made a while while while back
Tried mochi for the first time. It's quite nice. Has a pleasant smell and taste, and is nice and chewy.
made a bio for the protag in my project!
Beggar : "I haven't eat for days..."
Kid : "Just do crime! You will get daily necessity for free in prison~"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teendinsaikha