Sunny's Art Thread

Discussion in 'Art, Literature, and Music' started by Sunki, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Sunki

Sunki Digital Artist Member

First Language:
    Spanish
    Hello everyone, i think it was time already to open my own thread to post random sketches or practice works to show and know your opinions :D

Lately i've been doing some commissions and requests from my free workshop, but i got little time to try something new for the first time, and i would like to know what do you think

Its my first time making pixel art and something animated too and i made this quick battler sprite, its simple but hopefully i can get better at making old style pixel graphics hehe

Here is my sample:

Pixel-Art-Demo.gif

Its probably too big to be a side-view battler, but i think the default ones for side-view are too small and chibi xD anyways, like i said, i made it quick just to try, let me know your opinions :D  

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2016
    ObsidianTrance, Uzuki and JCBrickston like this.
  2. JCBrickston

JCBrickston Joshua Curtis Restaff

First Language:
    Idonotusethis
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I think it looks great! I am loving the retro feel there. She looks so nice, yet at the same time, I wouldn't want to make her mad :D

Susan likes this.
  3. wildsheep

wildsheep Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Looks neat for sure.  What are you using to animate it?   I do see some weird tearing around her knee though. 

4. ObsidianTrance

ObsidianTrance Pensword, the Old Hunter Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I'll echo wildsheep about the tearing at the knees. You might have to animate the entirely of the sprite or fix that one little part. It is very good, though! For your first one you pulled off some nice detail and went beyond chibi. Glad to see someone else doing so battler-wise, since I'd prefer more proportioned myself.

5. Sunki

Sunki Digital Artist Member

First Language:
    Spanish

Thank you, and yeah, i knew about the knee but... xD but it was quick a draw, only to try, i know if i put more effort and time on it i can animate it better, i did everything on photoshop, pixel art and animation

Thanks! i really dont like much the little chibi battlers :/ and i noticed that these battlers are the LESS customized thing in every game i see... sadly, so i thought i should learn about pixel art and make my own, with better details, to help others with their projects!

Hayato likes this.
  6. wildsheep

wildsheep Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Very Cool.    Thats pretty great for a photoshop animation.   Keep up the awesomeness.  I look forward to seeing more of your art!

7. Hayato

Hayato Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    *Drools*

When I first made my pixel art... Everyone found it awesome, but I don't.... coz, for the love of god, I don't know how to animate it ;_;