Sunki

Digital Artist
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Hello everyone, i think it was time already to open my own thread to post random sketches or practice works to show and know your opinions :D

Lately i've been doing some commissions and requests from my free workshop, but i got little time to try something new for the first time, and i would like to know what do you think

Its my first time making pixel art and something animated too and i made this quick battler sprite, its simple but hopefully i can get better at making old style pixel graphics hehe

Here is my sample:

Pixel-Art-Demo.gif

Its probably too big to be a side-view battler, but i think the default ones for side-view are too small and chibi xD anyways, like i said, i made it quick just to try, let me know your opinions :D  

Last edited by a moderator:

JCBrickston

Joshua Curtis
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
words of spake
Primarily Uses
N/A
I think it looks great! I am loving the retro feel there. She looks so nice, yet at the same time, I wouldn't want to make her mad :D

wildsheep

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Looks neat for sure.  What are you using to animate it?   I do see some weird tearing around her knee though. 

ObsidianTrance

Pensword, the Old Hunter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'll echo wildsheep about the tearing at the knees. You might have to animate the entirely of the sprite or fix that one little part. It is very good, though! For your first one you pulled off some nice detail and went beyond chibi. Glad to see someone else doing so battler-wise, since I'd prefer more proportioned myself.

Sunki

Digital Artist
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Looks neat for sure.  What are you using to animate it?   I do see some weird tearing around her knee though. 

Thank you, and yeah, i knew about the knee but... xD but it was quick a draw, only to try, i know if i put more effort and time on it i can animate it better, i did everything on photoshop, pixel art and animation

I'll echo wildsheep about the tearing at the knees. You might have to animate the entirely of the sprite or fix that one little part. It is very good, though! For your first one you pulled off some nice detail and went beyond chibi. Glad to see someone else doing so battler-wise, since I'd prefer more proportioned myself.

Thanks! i really dont like much the little chibi battlers :/ and i noticed that these battlers are the LESS customized thing in every game i see... sadly, so i thought i should learn about pixel art and make my own, with better details, to help others with their projects!

wildsheep

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thank you, and yeah, i knew about the knee but... xD but it was quick a draw, only to try, i know if i put more effort and time on it i can animate it better, i did everything on photoshop, pixel art and animation

Very Cool.    Thats pretty great for a photoshop animation.   Keep up the awesomeness.  I look forward to seeing more of your art!

Hayato

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
*Drools*

When I first made my pixel art... Everyone found it awesome, but I don't.... coz, for the love of god, I don't know how to animate it ;_;

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I am proud of how much my friends are pure talent. This one is making my game possibilities bigger and bigger and I wanna share his word:
Fun fact. Today it's exactly 2600 days since I met my now gf for the first time. Sometimes being a programmer can be really useful. O:)
Is RPG Maker VX (rgss2) still relevant? xD
yo how do I change my profile picture?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coli