Lunarea

Artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
FACE-OFF_zpsc53d65f8.png

Gather around, everyone for a mini weekend contest!

Our staff has seen the magnificence of the Random Face thread, and we simply could not deny the TRUE potential of the randomly generated faces - the potential to score you some goodies. And thus, this incredible Super Awesome Face Contest was born!

How to participate

1) Create a few characters using the "Generate Random" button in the character generator (go on, hit it a few times!):

Step1_zpsd452c88d.png

2) Make a short project with it (around 5 minutes). We give you complete freedom to do whatever you want inside that project, as long as we can look at the randomly generated faces in their full glory.

3) Post a link to your project here.

4) Check out some of the other entries.

Deadline:

You've got the whole weekend to create your masterpieces!

Due: Monday, October 20th

Judging & Prizes:

It wouldn't be a true contest without prizes!

The winner will win an awesome badge to display under their username, a free resource pack and a special surprise from one of our staff members.

Two runner ups will receive forum store credit.

Winners will be chosen by a few of our lovely staff. We'll be looking for effort, fun and the best random faces.

Have fun!

Last edited by a moderator:

Alkorri

Proofreading Penguin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is the greatest idea ever! I wish my computer didn't choose this time to die. Good luck to all the participants :)

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is so fantastically awesome! Except now I can't sleep because of all the potential ideas running through my head!

Ruby - I can so tell with that "game on" face.

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
just for ask when you do a "project! is mean you need to do a game project o_O!? like with screenshot and all!?

Lunarea

Artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
A game project. It can be something to play/watch, or in a video. It takes more than just one screenshot to appreciate the faces. :D

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ho okai xD! 

and we post here I guess XD?

cabfe

Cool Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Are we allowed to use emosets for the face?

Also, are we restricted to the RTP resources or can we use externaly added generator parts?

Lunarea

Artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
Well, using an emo-set might change the face. So, let's stick with just the one expression - and figure out what awesome things you can do with just that one expression...

No external pieces, please. That puts everyone on even grounds. :)

BCj

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
N/A
Oh awesome, I have the perfect idea :D

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Such a funny contest, thank you for doing this!

Can the little project contain custom resources or just standard rtp? And max Playtime just 5min, yes?

Edit: Hmm, that's weird, is it correct, that the clothing of the face and sprite never changes with the random button?

Edit2:

Okay, it is casting time and this dapper gentleman is currently in the lead! This random generator is crazy! :D

face15_zps63a616ea.png

Vexed

Malibu Darby
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Candacis - If you want to make it longer than 5mins that's absolutely fine. The 5min mark was just a guide as we're not looking for epic games here just the most inventive and awesome use of these randomly generated weirdos~

Custom resources in the game shouldn't be a problem, just no custom parts in the faceset generator.

And yeah, the clothing always stay the same - I don't see a reason why you couldn't change them after randomisation as long as there's nothing obscuring those terrifying adorable faces too much :D

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Awesome! I might just give this a go. A couple of questions:

1) Can we use the funny faces we've personally already displayed in the Random Face Thread? (I really like some of the ones I've posted and would like to turn them into characters)

2) Can we make edits to RTP resources for this or should everything be completely unedited?

MektiKwiiger

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Did someone look at the wrong calendar? Because the next 19th of October occurring on a Monday isn't happening until next year.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Or perhaps Lunarea is a human being and made a simple mistake. A simple inquiry as to the correct date would have sufficed, there's no need to get rude about it.

EternalShadow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Lol, sounds like a great contest. Unfortunately, I'm catching up on work this weekend so can't partake! I do have some hilarious ones though...

Sennie

Demon Slayer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sounds like fun but sadly I can't enter :|  This weekend I have to many things to do, I'll have to give this one a miss sadly!

But everybody else who enters, I wish you the best of luck :D !!!

Miffy6000.

Lunarea

Artist
Global Mod
Reaction score
Did someone look at the wrong calendar? Because the next 19th of October occurring on a Monday isn't happening until next year.
I couldn't decide between Sunday and Monday for the due date, so you got a completely wrong blend of the two.

Sorry about that! The date has been adjusted. :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It's important to equip your GF.
vufFBXN.gif
Day 2 of my redesign journey, as a follow up from the previous post :kaothx:
pXiRJSm.jpg

This is Cedric's son, Apollo!
New pet peeve: Telling tech support personnel what something is doing, only for them to tell me (in excessively condescending tones) what it should be doing. Yes, I know what it should be doing, and if it was doing that, I wouldn’t be talking to you and your attitude problem about it right now, would I? >.<
uglywolf wrote on Khulse's profile.
Hello.
The rules I makes pun about on your last thread is about "Verify Files" before anything else, if the stuff comes from STEAM. Which means, if it could be fixed with just that, there is no need to redownload the whole stuff.
But glad the reinstall worked, hope you enjoy it and your days too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gjwldl97