DrakeLovesNekos

A US Marine and a gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
In RPG Maker VX Ace I remember how a popup will happen saying "WEAKNESS" or something along those lines telling you that "ooh hey, this element works on this dude." but for some reason, I'm not getting that on MV. Help?

Skunk

Melody Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Slavic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That must have been a script, as I dont believe that's ever been a built in feature to rpg maker games.
That sounds like a pokemon script mechanic to me.

SRDude has a pokemon type plugin that you might be able to use:

http://sumrndm.site/pokemon-type-system/

Let me know if this works :)

DrakeLovesNekos

A US Marine and a gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It's not bad, it does it's job, but I'm searching for more of a "more flashy" way of telling players that their elemental attack did a "super effective". When I tested the plugin out, that message went by too fast and didn't stand out much. Is there a way to change like the color of the text if the said attack was supper effective against the foe? Prime example would be in FFXV where Orange was "yeah this element really hurts this dude" White was normal and purple was "Naaahh, you ain't doin' too much"

Other than that, it works. Not even mad lol, thanks.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
In Ace that was done (usually) with one of Yanfly's plug-ins. I think they have a similar one for MV as well, as does many other plug-in authors.

I've moved this thread to Plug-In Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Skunk

Melody Master
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English/Slavic
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can change what the message is and how long its displayed in the plugin settings
It's not bad, it does it's job, but I'm searching for more of a "more flashy" way of telling players that their elemental attack did a "super effective". When I tested the plugin out, that message went by too fast and didn't stand out much. Is there a way to change like the color of the text if the said attack was supper effective against the foe? Prime example would be in FFXV where Orange was "yeah this element really hurts this dude" White was normal and purple was "Naaahh, you ain't doin' too much"

Other than that, it works. Not even mad lol, thanks.

I can promise you you will have better luck trying to make this script work than request a full new build.
Im positive if you reached out to SRDude he would help you extend message pop up times and you can change those parameters in the plugin itself

Kchorrex2012

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
what about this
it lets you customize font face, size, colors, even animations for battle popups. And you can add custom conditions to set up supper effective damage, with the text and all (that's almost at the end of the video).

DrakeLovesNekos

A US Marine and a gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Heeeeey @Kchrorrex2012 there we go! I like that. I'm gonna try it out and see if it works sometime tomorrow. Thanks everyone for the help

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Sometimes you Just need to realise someone is beyond help... Still hard to walk away tho :(
100 Horror/Tragedy Sample Maps, Penguin Mech Sprite, & TileD Templates | RPG Maker News #70

Continuing working on abs. So far I have done the workout twice. I am excited to see the results after a couple of weeks. How is everyone doing? :)
MZ: oh boy imma work today
Me, excited: Really?
MZ, doesn't do what I tell It too
Me: I Thought-
MZ: I am Working!
Oof, this "side project" of mine is starting to get as complex as a VS plugin, at least as far as plugin parameters are concerned. I think I now understand why a plugin like this doesn't already exist(that I know of). Learning a lot while trying to make it work though!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adra