Javascript Super Message Editor - SumRndmDde

Discussion in 'VNMaker Plugins and Extensions' started by SumRndmDde, Nov 18, 2017.

1. SumRndmDde

SumRndmDde Follower of RNGesus

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Super Message Editor
    by SumRndmDde​

Installation
    Download the ZIP file.
    Within Visual Novel Maker
    ~ Tools -> Extension Manager -> Install -> Location the ZIP File and Select OK

Explanation
    This is extension provides developers the ability to use a “wysiwyg” style text editor for creating Show Message commands.

The way it works is the extension adds a command called “Show Message (Editor)”. This command is identical to the Show Message command; the only difference is a new input is available for opening the editor. Simply click on “Message Editor” -> “Open Editor”.

Upon opening the editor, any existing text will be loaded into the text area. Compatible message codes will be translated to their proper effects while other text codes will remain unchanged. Once the user completes their message, they may simply close the window. The new text will be converted back into VNM message codes and placed into the command text box. Be sure to click the command box to view the updated changes!

All the compatible effects are: Bold, Italic, Underline, StrikeThrough,
    Text Size, Text Color, Outline Color

Finally, the editor also provides find, replace, and special paste functions to help with some of those special moments when you need to find, replace, or… special paste something…

Video Demonstration

Relevant Notes/Issues
    • The "Show Message (Editor)" command will display the text through the command drop-down similar to how "Show Message" works normally. However, keep in mind if you edit your message through the editor, the changes will not be visible in the command text area until you focus on it (unfortunately, I have not figured out how to auto refresh it). Rest assured even if you don't update the text area, your message data will still be saved.

• If you open the text editor and your message doesn't appear, don't panic! This is a small bug that may occur (I'm pretty sure I've fixed it, but it may still pop up for different reasons). If something like this does happen, go into the main Visual Novel Maker, copy your message directly from the command itself, then close the window. It may delete your message, but you can simply paste it back it. This probably won't happen, but better safe than sorry. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• This extension uses some abnormal techniques to create the text editor feature. While it shouldn't be a problem, let me know if you experience any performance issues. There's also no restriction to how many editor windows you may open, so be sure to close them down! Otherwise, I CAN assure you things will be messy. p:

Download
    You can download the Extension here:
    http://sumrndm.site/super-message-editor/

Terms of Use
    Terms of Use for the Extension can be found here:
    http://sumrndm.site/vnm-terms-of-use/

Furthermore extension uses CKEditor, which is licensed under GPL.

https://ckeditor.com/legal/ckeditor-oss-license/

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
  2. darkkitten

darkkitten Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I love your MV scripts and this looks Uber Awesome going to start using it myself :)

3. Parallax Panda

Parallax Panda Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I was a little worried that the plugin support for VNM wouldn't be that great, considering most talented programmers probably want to dedicate their time to the much more popular RM engines. But seeing one of my favorite plugin makers jumping on-board this ship gives me hope. Your plugins and videos for RM have been awesome and I hope you'll make more plugins for VNM in the future as well!

In any case, this plugin you've here is a really good addition to the engine. Appreciated!

Joy Diamond likes this.
  4. BloodletterQ

BloodletterQ Chaotic Neutral Assassin

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    You cheater! You abandoned us MVers! Just kidding, but I'm sure it'll be handy lending your expertise to other programs.

5. FoxySeta

FoxySeta Cleric, script kiddie and fudanshi

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Sounds amazing to me! I'm trying it.

MintMilkTea likes this.
  6. Isidoras

Isidoras Warper

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    Thanks for this! It's exactly what I need.

Is there a way to change the message batching script to insert text into this extension's message boxes, instead of the default boxes?

7. lllululu

lllululu Warper

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    Any idea why quotations end up looking like this, "Will you tell him he looks fine so we can get this over with." instead of "Will you tell him he looks fine so we can get this over with." I'm control Ving from another program and then pasting, I have also tried changing manually. It shows up fine in the editor but changes in the actual node.

8. BBBen

BBBen Villager

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    I like this a lot, but unfortunately it seems to be bugged. When I exported I found a lot of the super message editor messages didn't trigger. I had to replace them and work without it.

9. MrKeita

MrKeita Warper

First Language:
    Swedish
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    Its looks like good thank you very much! :)