Super Simple Demo Script (XP)

Discussion in 'RGSS Scripts (RMXP)' started by amaranth, Aug 7, 2013.

1. amaranth

amaranth Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Super Simple Demo Script (XP)
    Amaranth

Introduction
    This script makes a web page open when you start and stop playing a game. This script is for people who have decided to sell their game and are splitting their game into a demo and full version. If you are one of these people, you should put this code into the demo of your game. 

Features

• Webpage opens when demo launches.
    • Webpage opens when demo closes.
    Screenshots
    N/A

How to Use

Step 1: Get your environment set up

1. Unzip ReminderScreenXP.zip (attached to this topic at bottom)

2. In Reminder Screen project, copy the "images" folder and the "demoscreen.html" file to your Demo project.

3. Go into the images folder and replace Title.jpg with your own graphic. It would be best to keep the same size image.

4. Double-click on the demoscreen.html file and make sure everything looks okay. If you want to change something, edit the html file (price, a link to your website, etc)

Step 2: Add script to your demo game

1. Open your demo project. 

2. Open your script editor.

3. In Scene_Title, beneath line 32, "$game_system = Game_System.new", enter:

# DEMO CODE - Open the Buy Now page $game_system.open_file("demoscreen.html")4. In Main, right above rescue Errno::ENOENT, enter:

# DEMO CODE - Open the Buy Now page $game_system.open_file("demoscreen.html")5. In Game_System, beneath the "def initialize" function (not inside this), enter:

#-------------------------------------------------------------------------- # * Open a file #-------------------------------------------------------------------------- def open_file(filename) shell = Win32API.new("shell32", "ShellExecute", ['L', 'P', 'P', 'P', 'P', 'L'], 'L') shell.Call(0, "open", filename, 0, 0, 1) endDemo

ReminderScreenXP.zip

Script
    See above in How to Use.

ReminderScreenXP.zip

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2013
    Zeriab and Galenmereth like this.
  2. Elder

Elder Villager Member

First Language:
    French
    Hey guys, is a similar script exists for RPG Maker VX Ace?

What about the splash screen used in Onyx or other latest commercial games?

3. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm pretty sure I did a conversion of this for someone for an Ace game. I'll check my files and see if I can find it.

Here is a converted and modified splash screen script based on the Aveyond ones:

http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/14174-simple-splash-screens

Edit: here you go ... set up the files the same way as the demo above explains, and pop the following into a new script slot:

Code:
    module SceneManager  class << self    alias ssdl_run run  end    def self.run    self.open_file("demoscreen.html")    ssdl_run    self.open_file("demoscreen.html")  end      def self.open_file(filename)    shell = Win32API.new("shell32", "ShellExecute", ['L', 'P', 'P', 'P', 'P', 'L'], 'L')    shell.Call(0, "open", filename, 0, 0, 1)  endend

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2013