Super Simple Mouse Script

Discussion in 'RGSS Scripts (RMXP)' started by amaranth, Aug 7, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Gardesion

Gardesion Villager Member

I do not if I'm allowed to discuss PKE, so please edit this post to your liking.

PKE is a hacked version of RMXP.

I'm with you on the whole 'it's your scripts that are conflicting'.

However I thought someone would know what to look for like alias methods for Scene_Map or something like that.

Could I send you my Scripts.rxdata perhaps?

2. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    mmm ... if you were still using it, you'd get yourself banned from the forum. I trust the version you're using now is one you've purchased?

No, it's not because you started it in a hacked version.

Sure - send me a link to your Scripts.rxdata file in a PM. I'll see if I can figure it out for you. But I won't be able to look at it until tomorrow at the earliest - maybe not even until the weekend.

3. Gardesion

Indeed, I run it within a legitimate copy of RmXP and do not use or own the other anymore. Still, maybe some algorithm has been left behind perhaps and I thought that would be the issue.

I'm gonna re-do the import completely from scratch and see if that works.

Uploading the script file as we speak.

4. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Yeah, I can't figure it out. It looks like you've made quite a few changes to the mouse script, but adding some debugging, it SHOULD be detecting it. It looks like the issue may go back to the Game_Map or Game_Event class, so maybe it DOES have something to do with you using scripts from PKE. Maybe they're not quite the same as the real deal.

I would be interested to see if you have the same issue, with a brand new project, started in the legal version, with NO other scripts and NO changes to the mouse scripts.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2014
    Gardesion likes this.
  5. Gardesion

Thanks for your time Shaz.

It does work in a new project as I mentioned earlier INCLUDING my edits in the mouse script. (Which you make sound like a big deal, but I just added one more cursor and a delay-update to make the cursor have a nice click animation I believe?) It's when I add all custom scripts the issue occurs. So even with all the legit 'main scripts', the problem persists. Didn't have the time to do the new import yet, but when I do I will playtest per script.

Thanks again Shaz!!

6. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Nope, you disabled pathfinding and you have another whole Game_Player update method in there, that I'm not sure what it does.

Yep, you've got the right idea ... if you can figure out which script is being added before it misbehaves, that's a good start. I don't even want to suggest what I think the script might be tied to, because it could probably be half a dozen different things that I've thought of, or something completely different.

7. Gardesion

Oh that's right, pathfinding is really lagging a lot when clicking somewhere on a big map which is not accessable by the player. So I modified pathfinding in a way it would only work when clicking an event which name's not nil. For other moving there's just the arrow keys.

Also, my additional Game_Player update is for when the mouse is ON/OVER one of the HUD-buttons, because otherwise movement input is neglected in some way if this is the case, so I made a game_temp variable which turns active when there's a 'mouseover', so that script really only runs when that variable turns true which makes it so that movement input is still getting updated.

I can already tell all of 'those' scripts work together and are not the cause of the problem as I assumed that at first too (as it would kinda be the obvious), but nevertheless these run swiftly together in a new project.

Today's my day off and I will have plenty of time to figure it out, I'll edit this post if I find something. However as I'm probably not even half as good a scripter as you are I might just call it a day and accept there will be no name displaying, nor pathfinding to npc then.

8. Mesajia

Mesajia Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I have the same problem with the Script 'Mouse 1' line 334: NoMethodeError occured. undefinded method 'ignore_movement#0 ' for #<Game_player:0x8743138 I tried the solution suggested on the first page. But i didn't know exactly where to place the code, because there are 3 Game_Character scripts :/

Is there anyone who can help me?

Edit: So i just realized that the line is missing in 'Mouse 1'. I added it there and now it works :)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2014
  9. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks Mesajia - I've edited the first post and added the missing line where it should be. Hopefully nobody else will run into this issue now.

10. gRaViJa

gRaViJa Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Is there a way to toggle the mouse script on and off? (doesn't work with my custom title screen which uses events, a cursor that doesn't do anything is probably confusing then).

Edit: Was a bit too fast posting. For anyone searching for the answer: Can be done by calling $game_mouse = true and $game_mouse = false

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2014
    Shaz likes this.
  11. timothyja

timothyja Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I have a map which is actually a computer desktop within my game. The desktop has a computer screen as a border, is there a way I can tell the mouse its not allowed onto this border area?

12. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    How wide is the border? Would it be a full tile right around the outside?

13. timothyja

First Language:
    English
    Currently its just slightly bigger then a tile but I can easily scale it back a couple of pixels if it makes things easier to work with.

14. timothyja

First Language:
    English
    I seem to have misunderstood what $game_mouse does.

Is there an easy way to turn this script off by default and enable it on demand?

15. gRaViJa

gRaViJa Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Dutch
    Is it okay if I ask someone to edit this script and use the result in a commercial game? (i'm okay with sharing the result with the community, it will just add a small function.)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2015
    Dreadshadow likes this.
  16. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    yes

gRaViJa and Dreadshadow like this.
  17. neko

neko Warper Member

First Language:
    Polish
    I have one issue with this script. When I click to move my hero, he goes only one step. If I want him to talk to someone it's the same. I have to click 10 times if I want him to move 10 steps. Is it supposed to be like that?

18. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    No, it's not. Are you using any other mouse scripts? Sounds like a conflict to me.

19. neko

neko Warper Member

First Language:
    Polish
    No, I don't use other mouse scripts. here is list of scripts I added:

- hp/sp bars by cogwheel

- menu by rune

- save by fantasist (can you make it compatible with this one? it doesn't want to save, shows error)

- weather by foreverzero

- quest diary by game_guy

- shop by leon

- add skill points after lv up by synthesize

- counterattack by uncle lanzer

- event chase hero by sabikku

- blizzard add-ons, I use here only status icons, difficulty level and enemy hp/sp

- Anti Event Lag System by zeriab

Also I have one more problem. In menu I can't choose items or equipment with mouse, I have to use keyboard. The same with battle, I can choose attack, magic skills, defend or items with no problem, but when I go into magic skills, I want to choose for example second skill, it just doesn't work. I have to use arrows there.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2015
  20. LSFKing

LSFKing Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    I'm having a problem with the scripts. I put them in in exactly the order the instructions say to, but when I try to launch it keeps saying this:

"Script 'Mouse3' Line 888:NameError Occurred
    uninitialized constant Sprite_Mouse"

Any help?

God I hope this hasn't been answered already, that would be one terrible way to start my posting career.