Super speed/teleport player on map?

Fireheart

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I want to give my player a "flash step" type move. If they press shift while facing the right, they will move 5 steps forward (if there are no objects in the way, of course), but the thing is, the player is so fast, it looks more like they teleported rather than ran 5 steps. I've been messing around with the Transfer Player event, but I've got nothing... Mind you, I want it to be an ability that's useable for most of the game, not only specific points so the regular transfer player, etc, won't work. TIA.

kiddeath95

Lead Trainie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Have a Common Event that is parallel, do conditional branch to check if the user pressed the D and VK_LSHIFT or VK_RSHIFT (Virtual-Key Codes, and you'd have to go to the script part in the conditional branch) and then just do a set move route on the player, increase their speed to the fastest one and just move them over 5 spaces.

This was just at the top of my head, and not sure if you know ruby coding or not.

Last edited by a moderator:

GameDevon

Animagical Person
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Just off the top of my head:

1. Play a teleport/smoke anim at the player location
  2. Using set movement route, crank the speed up to max, turn off transparency and move forward five steps. Turn transparency back on and set speed to normal.
  3. Play an arrival anim of sorts at the destination
Probably not as much flexibility as one might want, but passable for the little time it takes to set up i think

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Transfer IS teleport. So if you're using the transfer player command, that's exactly what it'll look like.

If you want them to move quickly, you could do a Set Move Route to increase the speed to 6, take 5 steps forward, and set the speed back to 4. You might need to experiment to ensure if something is in the way, it doesn't stall the game - maybe set Wait for Completion on, check the 'ignore if can't move' option, and change the speed back to 4 as the next command rather than part of the move route.

Fireheart

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So how do I set the Transfer Player up so that, for example, if the player is facing right, they move five spaces (across X), if they're facing up they move 5 spaces (across Y)?

kiddeath95

Lead Trainie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Conditional branches, checking for each 4 directions. And then move that direction x amount of spaces.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I was planning to release a useless plugin for april fools, but then I thought I let it be.
Tfw every dev around me is using Live2D in their MV games and make me question my skills repeatedly.

Spending the day reworking my maps, especially the first "biome". This time it's not even in the dark. :LZSwink:
Activity on the forums has increased lately, probably because of people staying home. The amount of work for moderators has increased lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Oersted_LAL