naomex1

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
português Brazi
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is there a plugin that works like the pokemon Surf skill? (rpg maker mz).

GmOcean

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
In what way are you looking for? As an attack or the ability to move on water? Because if it's the ability to move on water you already have the boats and ships.

You could just line your coast with events, or use visustella's events and movement core plugin to line the coast with regions, and have a single event activate when you talk to it by talking to those regions.

The basic idea is (which ever method you choose), you press the action button while facing the water tiles and a menu pops up asking you to surf or not, like in pokemon, and then you choose to do so. The event can handle the rest of that.

naomex1

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
português Brazi
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for answering.

It would just be movement on the map, when entering the water an animation would appear (I already did the animation).
The Character would have to learn skill to be able to swim.
Yes, press the action button while facing the water tiles and a menu pops up asking you to surf or not.

Could you explain in more detail? :)
Thanks.

GmOcean

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Okay. So what you need to do is the following:
1. Get Visustella's Events and Movement Core plugin. (This can be obtained for free by downloading their Demo).
2. After you have that installed make an event like the one I have in my attached file.

You'll see that in the first image (Page 1) it has a comment tag, the benefit of that is with this plugin, you use 1 event and cover a large area by extending the hit box direction Up/Down/Left/Right.

In my case, I used a simple river that was 11 tiles long (up/down) and 2 tiles wide (left/right).
On Page 1, I had it do the bulk of the work, checking for location info, setting it, etc..
On Page 2, it simply does some clean up. This gives you the benefit of just walking onto land to get off your boat. You'll also see I set the location of the ship to the top left of the map, this is to hide the ship after I get off of it. Typically just place it somewhere the player would never see from land.

What you'd do is, extend the hit box of the event to cover all water tiles touching the land. (You'll have to look at the plugin's help for more info). And then cover the land touching the water with the region you choose for the event to activate on. This let's you use fewer events to cover large amounts of water and land, along with odd shapes and such.

This can all be done without the use of a plugin, but this is a lot simpler. Less checks, conditions, etc...

Attachments

• surf.png
    surf.png
    146.1 KB · Views: 11
  • Surf_2.png
    Surf_2.png
    129.5 KB · Views: 11
  • surf_3.png
    surf_3.png
    94.6 KB · Views: 11

naomex1

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
português Brazi
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1. Get Visustella's Events and Movement Core plugin. (This can be obtained for free by downloading their Demo).
2. After you have that installed make an event like the one I have in my attached file.

You'll see that in the first image (Page 1) it has a comment tag, the benefit of that is with this plugin, you use 1 event and cover a large area by extending the hit box direction Up/Down/Left/Right.

In my case, I used a simple river that was 11 tiles long (up/down) and 2 tiles wide (left/right).
On Page 1, I had it do the bulk of the work, checking for location info, setting it, etc..
On Page 2, it simply does some clean up. This gives you the benefit of just walking onto land to get off your boat. You'll also see I set the location of the ship to the top left of the map, this is to hide the ship after I get off of it. Typically just place it somewhere the player would never see from land.

What you'd do is, extend the hit box of the event to cover all water tiles touching the land. (You'll have to look at the plugin's help for more info). And then cover the land touching the water with the region you choose for the event to activate on. This let's you use fewer events to cover large amounts of water and land, along with odd shapes and such.

This can all be done without the use of a plugin, but this is a lot simpler. Less checks, conditions, etc...
Thank you very much.
I will test it now.

naomex1

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
português Brazi
Primarily Uses
RMMV

hello
I did everything as you say, I was having a problem in the end, but I managed to solve it by changing the execution to automatic.

Thank you, for the knowledge.

Attachments

• surf_3.png
    surf_3.png
    94.5 KB · Views: 8
  • auto.png
    auto.png
    104.4 KB · Views: 9
  • Água_teste.png
    Água_teste.png
    123.8 KB · Views: 9

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Plugin Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

@naomex1, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can use the "Edit" function on your posts to add additional information you've forgotten or respond to multiple people. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

You realise by changing your event to autorun you are removing player control? I'm not sure whether it would detect if the player changes direction, but you would not be able to open the menu while this is running. Is that what you wanted?

naomex1

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
português Brazi
Primarily Uses
RMMV
[move]Plugin Requests[/move]

[dpost]@naomex1[/dpost]

You realise by changing your event to autorun you are removing player control? I'm not sure whether it would detect if the player changes direction, but you would not be able to open the menu while this is running. Is that what you wanted?
Yes, it worked perfectly as I wanted.
Automatic execution is on the second tab, it will reset the event. The player will not notice.
I'll pay more attention to the rules. :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It seems MogHunter Twitter is back...
1618970067646.png
Feedback would be appreciated. To me it feels like the Dad does look a bit too normal and boring.
I think he's missing some features that make him more unique. Opinions?
recovering from surgery that covid caused me to have, im back trying to work on the newer engine on my game. We will see how this goes. I have no idea what to do about conversions
The wings got worse than I expected ... but for now it looks like this:
index.php
Doing RPG Maker News #16 | Orchestral Tileset, Don Miguel Interview, Visual Choices, Retro Console Icons

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
natzma