Surge's Holder-Styled Battlers (Accepting Requests)

MyNameWontFi

My avatar is actually deep-fried ._.
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
SurgeLogo.png

I've made a few holder-styled animated battlers in the past few years for my game, but since my progress is very slow on the project, I've decided to publish the battlers I made. They are mostly based on characters made by other artists, but that doesn't mean I don't have any original contents. So, without further delay:

My work is free to use commercially or non-commercially, but you need to legally own RPG Maker VX Ace. Though I demand proper credits to be given to me, Holder and Yangfly. If you decide to sell your game (marking it commercial) with these resources used, a free copy of your game wouldn't hurt.

Holder and Yangfly allow their original creation to be edited freely, so the permission to edit these are given by default.

ORIGINAL CHARACTER
Original Source:https://animatedbattlers.wordpress.com/
Harsy1_Battlesheet.png
Harsy2_Battlesheet.png

ORIGINAL CHARACTER (Yes, he is a western black mage/cowboy)
Alias_Battlesheet.png

I even managed to made a little sprite for him ^ ^
Alias_Sprite.png

I am currently accepting requests.
My hands are empty at the moment, so I'll try to take and finish requests.

Thanks for reading have a nice day.

Attachments

Last edited:

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@MyNameWontFi A few queries:
  1. Do you have permission (either directly or indirectly from the Terms of Service) that the original artists are happy for you to make edits of their work?
  2. Do any of the original artists require more than just their name for the credits? For example, I know some artists ask that the url of their web site be included.
  3. Do all the original Terms of Service allow use for commercial games?
  4. If they do, do the original ToS indicate whether the original artist(s) requires a free copy of the game in addition to the one you require?
Thanks.

MyNameWontFi

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@Kes Well, I just checked out Holder's Terms of Use and Yangfly's.

1) Says here that both of them allow their work to be edited.

2) Both artists requires their original work to be credited. I have gave credits for my edits to the original artists as well as linking them to their respected threads. But I may have did something wrong. Holder does not want his bottom text to be removed. I'll change it back as soon as I can.

3) Holder and Yangfly wants to have no connection to commercial games using their work. But Yangfly possibly desires a free copy of games that uses his.

4) Read 3)

Sorry for the unnecessary verbose and formal words. Trynna be nice here : )

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
We don't mind you posting edits, but each one needs to be marked clearly with all proper credits and needs to abide by terms of use of all of the creators.

For example, I'm looking at Yangfly's stuff and a lot of his works are edits of other pieces. If I were to edit his "Lich" character under monsters, in addition to stating that I need to be credited, I would need to credit Yangfly as well AND I would also need to state that users need to own Ace in order to use it, since it is an edit of an Ace RTP character.

Please be sure to post complete individual credits for each sprite you release, after making sure that you absolutely have the rights to edit them and post the edits from all previous creators. We don't have time to go through and check that each one is in compliance, so if we find they are not, we'll have to close this thread.

We appreciate that you want to share your work with the community, but we have to be sure that it is done in the right way.

MyNameWontFi

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
We don't mind you posting edits, but each one needs to be marked clearly with all proper credits and needs to abide by terms of use of all of the creators.

For example, I'm looking at Yangfly's stuff and a lot of his works are edits of other pieces. If I were to edit his "Lich" character under monsters, in addition to stating that I need to be credited, I would need to credit Yangfly as well AND I would also need to state that users need to own Ace in order to use it, since it is an edit of an Ace RTP character.

Please be sure to post complete individual credits for each sprite you release, after making sure that you absolutely have the rights to edit them and post the edits from all previous creators. We don't have time to go through and check that each one is in compliance, so if we find they are not, we'll have to close this thread.

We appreciate that you want to share your work with the community, but we have to be sure that it is done in the right way.
Okay, I've edited the Terms of Use and crediting all creators as well as stating the need to own Ace in order to use these. But I don't really know what to do more regarding your second statement. I've credit the original artist and linked it.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Which statement?

MyNameWontFi

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
This

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It means, make sure you are allowed to edit the sprites in the first place. If so, make sure you include all relevant credits and information, such as which engine may be required to use the sprite. Then I meant, if we get any reports that you are not doing this for future sprites posted, we will close this thread, as we cannot be taking the time to follow up on every sprite you post to make sure it is properly credited.

Sato1999

Yangfly Master(Previously)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hey! Cool work there, keep it up man :)

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

I've made a few holder-styled animated battlers in the past few years for my game, but since my progress is very slow on the project, I've decided to publish the battlers I made. They are mostly based on characters made by other artists, but that doesn't mean I don't have any original contents. So, without further delay:

My work is free to use commercially or non-commercially, but you need to legally own RPG Maker VX Ace. Though I demand proper credits to be given to me, Holder and Yangfly. If you decide to sell your game (marking it commercial) with these resources used, a free copy of your game wouldn't hurt.

Holder and Yangfly allow their original creation to be edited freely, so the permission to edit these are given by default.

ORIGINAL CHARACTER

ORIGINAL CHARACTER (Yes, he is a western black mage/cowboy)
View attachment 98801

I even managed to made a little sprite for him ^ ^
View attachment 98802

I am currently accepting requests.
My hands are empty at the moment, so I'll try to take and finish requests.

Thanks for reading have a nice day.
the sprites look awesome! keep going!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm hoping to get a call October 1. They should be fully open by then.

With this, all demo dungeon graphics are done.
Eventually I need to make animations...send help.
OcRam demo project is now available at https://ocram-codes.net !!!
mzBaseBody.png added!

Ami
--- Mushroom ---

F.Knight: We runs out the food!
Hero: Anything could eat in this place?
F.Archer: It's a bunch of Mushroom over there. I wonder it's safe to eat.
F.Knight: No worries,we have to fill our inside no matter what it is.
(Hero & F.Knight Eat The Mushroom,After 10 Seconds They Collapse With Foam)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kakecide-5897