Surge's Holder-Styled Battlers (Accepting Requests)

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX/Ace Resources' started by MyNameWontFi, Sep 23, 2018.

1. MyNameWontFi

MyNameWontFi My avatar is actually deep-fried ._. Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    SurgeLogo.png

I've made a few holder-styled animated battlers in the past few years for my game, but since my progress is very slow on the project, I've decided to publish the battlers I made. They are mostly based on characters made by other artists, but that doesn't mean I don't have any original contents. So, without further delay:

My work is free to use commercially or non-commercially, but you need to legally own RPG Maker VX Ace. Though I demand proper credits to be given to me, Holder and Yangfly. If you decide to sell your game (marking it commercial) with these resources used, a free copy of your game wouldn't hurt.

Holder and Yangfly allow their original creation to be edited freely, so the permission to edit these are given by default.

ORIGINAL CHARACTER
    Original Source:https://animatedbattlers.wordpress.com/
    Harsy1_Battlesheet.png
    Harsy2_Battlesheet.png

ORIGINAL CHARACTER (Yes, he is a western black mage/cowboy)
    Original Source:https://animatedbattlers.wordpress.com/
    Alias_Battlesheet.png

I even managed to made a little sprite for him ^ ^
    Alias_Sprite.png

I am currently accepting requests.
    My hands are empty at the moment, so I'll try to take and finish requests.

Thanks for reading have a nice day.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
    Yangfly Master and Black Mamba like this.
  2. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @MyNameWontFi A few queries:
    1. Do you have permission (either directly or indirectly from the Terms of Service) that the original artists are happy for you to make edits of their work?
    2. Do any of the original artists require more than just their name for the credits? For example, I know some artists ask that the url of their web site be included.
    3. Do all the original Terms of Service allow use for commercial games?
    4. If they do, do the original ToS indicate whether the original artist(s) requires a free copy of the game in addition to the one you require?
    Thanks.

3. MyNameWontFi

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Kes Well, I just checked out Holder's Terms of Use and Yangfly's.

1) Says here that both of them allow their work to be edited.

2) Both artists requires their original work to be credited. I have gave credits for my edits to the original artists as well as linking them to their respected threads. But I may have did something wrong. Holder does not want his bottom text to be removed. I'll change it back as soon as I can.

3) Holder and Yangfly wants to have no connection to commercial games using their work. But Yangfly possibly desires a free copy of games that uses his.

4) Read 3)

Sorry for the unnecessary verbose and formal words. Trynna be nice here : )

4. mlogan

mlogan Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    We don't mind you posting edits, but each one needs to be marked clearly with all proper credits and needs to abide by terms of use of all of the creators.

For example, I'm looking at Yangfly's stuff and a lot of his works are edits of other pieces. If I were to edit his "Lich" character under monsters, in addition to stating that I need to be credited, I would need to credit Yangfly as well AND I would also need to state that users need to own Ace in order to use it, since it is an edit of an Ace RTP character.

Please be sure to post complete individual credits for each sprite you release, after making sure that you absolutely have the rights to edit them and post the edits from all previous creators. We don't have time to go through and check that each one is in compliance, so if we find they are not, we'll have to close this thread.

We appreciate that you want to share your work with the community, but we have to be sure that it is done in the right way.

5. MyNameWontFi

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Okay, I've edited the Terms of Use and crediting all creators as well as stating the need to own Ace in order to use these. But I don't really know what to do more regarding your second statement. I've credit the original artist and linked it.

6. mlogan

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Which statement?

7. MyNameWontFi

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    This

8. mlogan

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    It means, make sure you are allowed to edit the sprites in the first place. If so, make sure you include all relevant credits and information, such as which engine may be required to use the sprite. Then I meant, if we get any reports that you are not doing this for future sprites posted, we will close this thread, as we cannot be taking the time to follow up on every sprite you post to make sure it is properly credited.

9. Yangfly Master

Yangfly Master Jack of All Trades, you know, the Lone Wolf. Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hey! Cool work there, keep it up man :)