Survivor Stats (Hunger, Thirst, Stamina)

Bareacine

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Hi everyone. I'm working on a survival type game in RPG Maker MV and have yet to find any scripts that implement such stats as hunger, thirst, and stamina. I'm wondering if there was anyone who would be able to make a plugin on how these stats could be calculated. I've found a plugin already that will allow me to display variables and have them refreshed as well as gauges. But now i need to be able to calculate a variable each set different for hunger, thirst, and stamina. I figure hunger and thirst can be calculated in junction with a time plugin that is basic. so every like few minutes or so game time or something will reduce hunger/thirst by 1 or so. Stamina on the other hand is a little bit trickier. I have found a stamina/dash control plugin but the issue i have is the speeds of the recovery are way too fast and couldn't support slower stamina regenerates. I guess the best way how i'd want to describe how the stats work is similar to 7 Days To Die if anyone is familiar with it. Hunger/Thirst are lowered as time goes by. as well as can be replenished with item calls/notes to add more hunger or thirst or i can maybe set a common event to do so. But stamina needs to make it so it regenerates slower, and is used when someone if using the dash key and drop at a moderate rate. and of course when it hits 0 stamina the dash will be unusable until you regenerate stamina. I'm not sure if it's hard or not, but to have it link with variables you can set, so you can read them with what i'm using which is OrangeHud. Please someone help if you're able to. I hope this is a good enough explanation I'll try to describe more indepth if i can. I'm more of an idea person and not really a coder. As in I can read and understand how most plug in's function but can't write the code myself. too confusing. Thanks again.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
your request is very difficult to read, because it is a wall of text without dividers - you'll get better responses if you organize it a bit more.

That said, most people don't use a plugin for this at all - it is usually easier to do this with pure eventing, and there is even a tutorial on how to event a hunger/thirst system (I think it was for Ace, but eventing is identical for Ace and MV)

Solis

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Also, if you were to keep track of it through a variable, Mog has a variable tracker that you can have count down and visibly see it; you can also achieve this same visual effect with Yanfly's Variable Plugin.

Also, Yanfly has conditional effects for passive effects and it works with variables.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Trading has been halted on the TSX (Canadian stock market) because of "technical issues". Suspicious... I'm bracing myself for a sea of red tomorrow lol
The Loco-Motion song pre-dates the dance. Meaning the lyrics are kinda misleading. "Everybody's doing a brand new dance now"... No they weren't, you just used peer pressure to trick everyone into going along with it.
Love it when someone confuses "RPG Maker (or script/plugin) has a bug" with "I didn't set it up right and it's not working as I want (or gives an error)"
Is animation really as hard as I think it is?
Out of sudden, snow. Everywhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chungagunga