Cloaked Wanderer...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
ScreenShot_12_28_2020_1_52_57.png

I have this issue going on currently when battles start. it's random though and doesn't happen every time. it seems to happen when I have a plugin on that disables Async. But unless there's another plugin that instantly loads files in sub folders, then I need the async plugin. what I'm trying to figure out is what randomly causes this to happen. I think it has something to do with bitmaps as I had a plugin that dealt with that before and it would randomly load my iconset onto the screen at random when loading fights. does anyone know what involving bitmaps causes this?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Care to share what plugin you're using that disables async? Got a link to it?

If something hasn't loaded, hit F8 and go to the Console tab to see if there are any error messages.

It doesn't happen every time, but is it happening regularly for a specific troop, or number of troops with a specific enemy? Is it when you do battle test, or an actual play test?

Also please give a screenshot of your plugin manager - your async plugin could be conflicting with another battle plugin.

zerobeat032

Cloaked Wanderer...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the plugin that disables async actually came with Luna MV. it helps though seeing as it instantly loads images. but I also think its what's causing this issue. the sv battler loads, it's just this weird image pops up before random fights. in actual playtests.

plugin 1.PNGplugin 2.PNGplugin 3.PNGplugin 4.PNGplugin 5.PNGplugin 6.PNG

this is from the plugin manager. unfortunately I know I'm using quite a few. I turned off all of them except for the few in battle and this still happened I noticed. what I haven't tested though is if it's happening with more than one troop. ok I just tested that... it's more than one troop.

EDIT: I think I know why I never noticed it before now... it DOESN'T happen during battle test, just actual playtest. and it's really brief when it does happen. like if I knew how to hide it momentarily, I'd settle for that.

Last edited:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
A lot of plugins don't load their stuff for battle test, only for play test.

If you create a brand new project and add only this one async plugin, then set up the same enemies and troops, and do a test play, can you reproduce it there?

Your Yanfly plugins also don't appear to be in the correct order, so you should fix that.

zerobeat032

Cloaked Wanderer...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I created a new project and oddly it doesn't seem to do it if I turn off sprite related plugins for battle. I didn't have YED Sideview Battler on or Animated SV Enemies... and it seemed to be ok. I have however found a way to hide it with those on, but it requires battles to be on the screen so an event can tint the screen for like a second first. I'll take another look at the order though, I could've sworn I had them in the intended order from the site, but I might've made a mistake.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Tired of just doing mobile. Now you can Play the game in ur Browser! https://bigmala-productions.itch.io/rpg-forever
I managed to fix my car at last... :biggrin:

I'm proud of what I have achieved with my project. Don't mind with the Spanish, Ill add more languages.
Im currently looking at the RPG MAKER Steam page, and i found out the Rpg maker mz requires bit 64 pc, i only have bit 32 pc ;-;, i am really using an ancient pc.. XD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gillfigno