Lummy

NiviXien
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've got a bit of a problem that I'm trying to figure out a solution for. Currently I'm figuring out using MZ while trying to remake the setup I had going back on MV as close as I can and I was trying to figure out how to change the SV Actor Positions in battle.

I did find that there is a SVActorPositionMZ plugin included in the BasicResources dlc folder and this plugin worked perfectly for what I needed. However, I've ran into an issue and that it seems like this plugin messed around with Visustella's plugin, as far as I can tell, crashing the game whenever an actor attacks.

I'm aware that the Visustella Battle Core plugin has notetags for changing an actor home offset but I was having issues trying to figure out how to work with that and I'd much prefer just being able to set the party positions for actors 1 -4, instead of having specific set offsets for each actor individually.

I've attached images of my plugin list as well as the gameplay + devtool log, just in case anyone might be able to point me in the right direction of what the issue might be. If anyone knows of a solution or maybe a plugin alternative I can use, I'd greatly appreciate any advice.
Thanks!

Attachments

• Plugins.PNG
    Plugins.PNG
    205.7 KB · Views: 14
  • error.PNG
    error.PNG
    609.2 KB · Views: 15

Celestrium

Worldsmith
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Not sure if this would help, but did you try changing the plug-ins positions?

Lummy

NiviXien
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not sure if this would help, but did you try changing the plug-ins positions?

Yes, I first tried putting it above every other plugin I have but it seems like the plugin doesn't function at all unless its placed anywhere underneath Visustella's Battle Core.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to JS/Plugin Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Arcmagik

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just recently found this exact same error myself. I'll let you know if I figure anything out.

Lummy

NiviXien
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I just recently found this exact same error myself. I'll let you know if I figure anything out.

Thanks, I'd appreciate it.
I've still not really had much luck with figuring out what the cause of the error might be.

Arcmagik

Game Developer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It is the weapon animation section of the SVActorPositionMZ plugin. I was able to just comment that part out because my battlers use weapons built into their battle sheets.
If you comment it out the error goes away and you can set the positions, however I am not sure if BattleCore handles moving the weapon animations to the new locations so you will have to test it out on your own there.

Lummy

NiviXien
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It is the weapon animation section of the SVActorPositionMZ plugin. I was able to just comment that part out because my battlers use weapons built into their battle sheets.
If you comment it out the error goes away and you can set the positions, however I am not sure if BattleCore handles moving the weapon animations to the new locations so you will have to test it out on your own there.

Bit late to respond but I really appreciate the help. I'll see what I can figure out from that, thank you again!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I'm bad at base-building games (looking at other players created an aesthetically beautiful base compared to me), but IDK why I keep playing the game and seek more of it.
Pyra and Mythra in smash ultimate are way too OP. They're basically Smash 4 Bayonetta 2.0, and not in a good way. Very toxic and unfair. At least they're hot tho.
attack on titan keep reaching a new height with each episode, aaa I can't wait another week for a new episode at this point
How do i make profile picture
I've just finished organizing music files from a music Humble Bundle I purchased a while ago (putting in specific themed playlists, deleting from playlists, deciding which games they'll be used for. etc.). I'm feeling pretty confident that the sound design for my games will be up to high standards. Sound design seems to be relatively under-discussed as a topic in game development imo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RabbitHat