Cleo-San

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi there! =)

I am using sideview battle in RMMV and was wondering if I could use the battlers generated with the Character Generator, mirror them with GIMP and use them as enemy battlers? Like e.g. one party member turns out to be the enemy and you suddenly have to face him/her?

Can I do that so that these battlers would still be animated (I mean, if they have moved while in the party, it would be strange that they don't move at all as enemies)?
Or can I only use one picture for the enemy which doesn't move at all?

Thank you in advance for your answers! =)

Cleo-San

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV

chalkdust

Resource Staff
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Installing is easy. Save the .js file to the project's js/plugins folder, then click the little green puzzle looking icon in the editor.

Using them... depends. Some are so easy you just install them and that's it. Others... not so much. I haven't used this particular one so I can't comment on it specifically, but I've used other Yanfly plugins and they're all fairly simple once you learn how to use Plugin Commands and Script Calls. He does GREAT tutorial videos for all of them, too, so that will help.

Cleo-San

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you again, @chalkdust =)
I'll just follow the try-and-error-principle with this one, after watching the tutorial video on the website you linked me! After all, I have to learn stuff like that sooner or later, right? ;P

Keep your fingers crossed that I won't blow up my whole computer, okay? =P

sura_tc

Loner
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Korean
Primarily Uses
Other
It's fairly easy to use once you get the hang of proper values for your needs. Until then, expect a lot of test battles.

Cleo-San

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's fairly easy to use once you get the hang of proper values for your needs. Until then, expect a lot of test battles.
Thank you =)
I'm currently trying my best but it doesn't work so far @_@ I have even used Driftwood's tutorial, got my the following plugins:

YEP_CoreEngine
YEP_BattleEngineCore
YEP_X_ActSeqPack2
YEP_X_AnimatedSVEnemies

and tried to follow the instructions for a new enemy, but the battles still look same old, same old in the battle test - do I have to save and reopen the RMMV? Or do I have to test the battles in the real game? o_O

EDIT: Actually... saving, closing and reopening the RMMV did the trick! =)

Razoraux

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Ok, I'm reviving this topic. Mainly because I'm using RMMZ and tried to use YEP plugins. The BattleEngineCore makes the game crash when entering a battle. A display message says "Argument must be a Rectangle". Anyone know how to fix it?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

@Razoraux, please refrain from necro-posting in a thread. Necro-posting is posting in a thread that has not had posting activity in over 30 days. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Your issue is not the same as the OP's, so you are also hijacking.

YEP plugins are for MV, not MZ. If you want an equivalent, you'll need to use VisuStella.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Does anyone know of NPC sprites for RMMZ? I know of Flirion's RMMV recolours, but RMMZ's sprites are slimmer and more detailed, so I'm a bit on the edge to use Flirion's im RMMZ...
I can't believe that after all those years, KH Union X Dark Road is closing the services.

Due to a situation in which I thought plugin adaptations had stopped for the QPlugins, I "ghetto" converted these 7 over yesterday. They appear to work perfectly as long as you use old style plugin commands. I am uncertain if I will have a lot of free time in the future to work on this, but if you'd like them, here they are.
Was there a thread that you could share a screenshot of your game? I feel like I found it once but can't locate it again.

I was being lazy and just copied a map to test a new parallax, but I forgot to delete all the events. This was the result. :o

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acoolusername