Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi! I'm new to all of this stuff, and I encountered a problem

bandicam 2016-07-05 10-24-39-643.jpg

My side-view battlers aren't appearing. I saw another post on this, but they just forgot to turn on the SV battle system I have turned on mine though

bandicam 2016-07-05 10-24-04-421.jpg

I'm not quite sure what could be causing this. I thought it was one of my plugins, but even turning them off brought no resolution.

(list of plugins)

bandicam 2016-07-05 10-23-03-169.jpg

I do have the image picked out for both actors in

So, that's the problem I'm having. If possible, I would like to use the side-view system.

djDarkX

Retro & Remastered Music Guru
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Music
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Your plugins are out of order.  Make sure they are in this order.

RaerdCreates

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Your plugins are out of order.  Make sure they are in this order.
Thanks! Surprisingly that worked!

If you wouldn't mind, could you explain to me why they need to be in a specific order?

djDarkX

Retro & Remastered Music Guru
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Music
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The way Yanfly writes his plugins, and back in the VX/Ace days, his scripts, they need to be placed in a specific order due to how the plugins code flows.  He highly recommends that they be placed in the order he specified in order for them to work properly.

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
If you wouldn't mind, could you explain to me why they need to be in a specific order?
Because the plugins are loaded in the order they are placed there, and some plugins overwrites some functions. If a plugin overwrite a function already loaded by another plugin, the overwritten function will not be proccessed.

Susan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
No idea...
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Not just Yanfly's scripts, but in general, a lot of scripts have to be placed in a specific order if each one changes something in the same "scene" (not sure how to say it better). Not all scripts are compatible with each other because sometimes they change almost the same thing (using scripts from different scripters that change how the item shop functions, for example).

Example:

- script 1 (core) - changes the way the scene works, right down to some of the most basic function. Part of the changes helps to facilitate battle scene alterations and improved animations.

- script 2 - adds sideview actors and battlers (let's assume we only had frontal by default)

- script 3 - adds animation to actors and battlers.

- script 4 - adds specific weapon/skill animations to each assigned actor/battler (works differently if they're static or animated).

Computer logic reads scripts from up to down usually. You need to do step 1, then step 2, then step 3 and so on. Just like you have to wake up first, then get out bed, then walk to the bathroom, etc. Put that out of order and weird things mght happen.

That's also one of the reasons why script incompatibilities, errors and unintended bugs happen. You tend to see "place this script below all other scripts" sometimes, but it doesn't guarantee that it'll work if the default scripts have been heavily altered from the earlier part.

I'm not that good at explaining, but hope that helps you to understand better. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Quexp wrote on Shaz's profile.
I absolutely love your profile/pic! :kaoluv:
Stream will be live shortly with some Darkest Dungeon! Feel free to drop by!
I made a battle results screen for my minigame.. any feedback? :)
Things I thought would never happen but just did: I needed to use my snow shovel. In August. In the Northern Hemisphere.
So I finished Cupcake, now I need to figure out my next project!
Do I pick up one of my incomplete games?
Do I start something entirely new???
The possibilities are endless!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amarina