midnight1443

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
My characters are all off screen. The game still works, but I'd like to be able to see them. I am using VisuStella Party System, Battle Core, and other VisuStella plugins. I changed the number of max battlers to 11, because that's what I wanted for my specific game. I was wondering how to fix the UI, though, so I can make the battle scenes work. THANKS! :D

NaosoX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
My characters are all off screen. The game still works, but I'd like to be able to see them. I am using VisuStella Party System, Battle Core, and other VisuStella plugins. I changed the number of max battlers to 11, because that's what I wanted for my specific game. I was wondering how to fix the UI, though, so I can make the battle scenes work. THANKS! :D
There's a couple of issues which arise from having that many battlers.
1. Battle status windows: that could potentially take up a lot more screen. You would have to decide if you would want to shrink down, minimise, or remove. Then there's the effort into doing so.
2. Battle core has battlers set to a home position(which you can modify in the plugin-- VisuMZ_1_BattleCore>Actor Battler Settings>JS: Home Position). As is, it is designed to relate to relative positioning, meaning one starting position which all battlers position off of.
3. If you resolve the issue with positioning, will the Battlers/enemies stay planted in those positions, or will they jump around the screen over/under lapping eachother?

So if you want to have a go at trying, start from the plugin settings. There are also notetags to set home position, but the time I had a look at this, the sprite moved, but the shadow stayed in place. Also its the shadow that attacks; your battler will be x amount of spaces away from it. Not sure I its a bug, but I haven't invested much time into it.

Let me know how you go, though. Good luck!

midnight1443

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
There's a couple of issues which arise from having that many battlers.
1. Battle status windows: that could potentially take up a lot more screen. You would have to decide if you would want to shrink down, minimise, or remove. Then there's the effort into doing so.
2. Battle core has battlers set to a home position(which you can modify in the plugin-- VisuMZ_1_BattleCore>Actor Battler Settings>JS: Home Position). As is, it is designed to relate to relative positioning, meaning one starting position which all battlers position off of.
3. If you resolve the issue with positioning, will the Battlers/enemies stay planted in those positions, or will they jump around the screen over/under lapping eachother?

So if you want to have a go at trying, start from the plugin settings. There are also notetags to set home position, but the time I had a look at this, the sprite moved, but the shadow stayed in place. Also its the shadow that attacks; your battler will be x amount of spaces away from it. Not sure I its a bug, but I haven't invested much time into it.

Let me know how you go, though. Good luck!
I was able to fix their positions, but, yeah, the shadows do seem to be distant from the battlers. I’m going to look into this when I can. I’m currently working on the characters and the system build. I’ve got a lot of PCs to make. I’m going to have to make some of my own battlers and sprites.

NaosoX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Hope it all goes well!

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I'm gonna put my project on pause for a tiny bit so I can explore the engine outside of it... Winging it can only get you so far LMFAO
Have seen some of my favorite people here posting and helping others with questions today -- love to see it!
Haven't been on here actively in awhile, project is going strong my biggest issue is the STORY, i'm refining the plot and learning so much i decided to take a writers class to improve even more but the programming and functionality of the game is stepping up nicely!
Hi everyone! Here's what I'm working on today! It's one of the dorms on campus. I know I said I wouldn't use assets but I reused a few things from the cafeteria hehe.
FCuxBOMXMAICK5e
I added a little squish effect when characters change direction to try and make things a bit more lively. Though it's a bit hard to see on the fast moving guys.
2f4fiuy.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clique