SV Battlers without animation

Grandmateria

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish/English
Primarily Uses
Hello, new to this whole 'make games' activity.

I'm making a project which can be explained as "Pokemon but with toys instead of animals" so the game has A LOT of playable characters but they do not need to move in SV Battles as they basically are figurines. 

Is there a way to NOT have to fill out a spritesheet with pixel perfectly placed still images and still use SV Battles? alternatively some way to get characters to be seen in the regular battle screen? due to the nature of the game, seeing your characters in battle is pretty important.

Worth pointing out is that I know about as much about programming as your average woodland critter. So I need an answer that a baby could understand.

Thank you for your time.

Maidlyn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You will have to just make an entire SV battler sheet full of the same, still-moving character. (Be sure to use the SV body in the generator folder as a base so you know that you're placing them in the right place.) If you want them to be enemies, I recommend using Yanfly's Animated SV Enemies plugin.

Grandmateria

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish/English
Primarily Uses
You will have to just make an entire SV battler sheet full of the same, still-moving character. (Be sure to use the SV body in the generator folder as a base so you know that you're placing them in the right place.) If you want them to be enemies, I recommend using Yanfly's Animated SV Enemies plugin.

Yeah that is the way I know how to do it but with a cast of 60+ characters that will be a lot of busywork, is there no way to get it to just use the first "frame" or something? or perhaps using the regular battle system and get the portrait to be shown on screen?

Maidlyn

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Herm...well, you could try just taking the one portrait and putting it in the SV enemies folder. That should work fine. Then, just use that as the picture for the enemy, and tweak the picture to your liking after you test it in battle.

Grandmateria

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish/English
Primarily Uses
Herm...well, you could try just taking the one portrait and putting it in the SV enemies folder. That should work fine. Then, just use that as the picture for the enemy, and tweak the picture to your liking after you test it in battle.
Well it's the party members that is the big problem, enemies is no problem as that always just uses a single picture, it's the party that I need to not be animated but still be seen on screen during battles

Grandmateria

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish/English
Primarily Uses
YES! this is exactly what I wanted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Currently working on the second protagonist's story and her companion, making good progress. But I am looking forward to return to my other protagonist and continue his story and have him joined by a new companion. :)
mlogan wrote on alltheyuriz's profile.
Please be aware that our Status rules ask members not to make more than 2 status updates in 24 hours.
rux
Just 80% of my motivation on game making lmao, anyone got tips on how to not be unmotivated?
I've signed up for a job training program for people with Asperger's Syndrome. I went to a "test run" today so they could see how well I did with simple jobs, and I amazed them. Most new people do it in 30+ minutes, while I finished in a mere 15 minutes. Gives me time to work on a screenplay for Studio MDHR...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Springy120