Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey!

I need a plugin that is able to swap formation of battlers only,

this works:

$gameParty.swapOrder($gameActors.actor(1).index(), $gameActors.actor(3).index())

However this has the side effect of making the sprite you walk around as, also that character.

I need formation to only swap the actors in battle, not when in overworld.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that is not as easy as you think, because by default there is no place to store that info differently.
and your description is missing vital info as to enable writing that plugin.

1) what pattleplugins are you using? Because a lot of the more complex battlesystems add data to the battlers, and messing with that datastructure without knowing the other plugins needing it can break your battlesystem unless you're using only default battles.

2) should the battleformation be stored for the next battle, or is that a temporary effect that can be reset between battles?

Symbol_

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that is not as easy as you think, because by default there is no place to store that info differently.
and your description is missing vital info as to enable writing that plugin.

1) what pattleplugins are you using? Because a lot of the more complex battlesystems add data to the battlers, and messing with that datastructure without knowing the other plugins needing it can break your battlesystem unless you're using only default battles.

2) should the battleformation be stored for the next battle, or is that a temporary effect that can be reset between battles?

I'm using YEP_Battleplugincore.

It should be a permanent change once the party member is added to the group. The main reason I need this is that battlers higher in formation number are layered over the previous two.

If there is a plugin to make battler 3 appear behind battler 2 and 1 then that would also be fine

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If there is a plugin to make battler 3 appear behind battler 2 and 1 then that would also be fine
that is usually called the Z-coordinate or Z-order.
and a plugin to give each battler its own coordinates (XYZ) on the battlescreen should be much easier to do than to change battler order, especially since a changed battle formation might not automatically change the Z-order of the display - most people think "order of faces on the bottom" when talking about battle formation, not position of the battlergraphic on the battlescreen...

Symbol_

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that is usually called the Z-coordinate or Z-order.
and a plugin to give each battler its own coordinates (XYZ) on the battlescreen should be much easier to do than to change battler order, especially since a changed battle formation might not automatically change the Z-order of the display - most people think "order of faces on the bottom" when talking about battle formation, not position of the battlergraphic on the battlescreen...
So would this be possible? Is t here a plugin or script?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know that yanfly's plugins have some options to change XY coordinates, but I don't use them and don't know if they also can change Z and which one of the battleplugins contains those options.

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The ones for MV should allow you to change the home coordinate's Z value.

Symbol_

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I know that yanfly's plugins have some options to change XY coordinates, but I don't use them and don't know if they also can change Z and which one of the battleplugins contains those options.

The ones for MV should allow you to change the home coordinate's Z value.

What ones? Plugins? Are there links to these plugins?

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yanfly's Battle Core (or possibly side view battle) should have home coordinate parameters for party members, and I think you can edit the Z as well as the X and Y.

Symbol_

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yanfly's Battle Core (or possibly side view battle) should have home coordinate parameters for party members, and I think you can edit the Z as well as the X and Y.
Its only X and Y not Z in battle core unless I'm missing it

Symbol_

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Its only X and Y not Z in battle core unless I'm missing it
After doing some digging I came across people talking about

Sasuke KANNAZUKI's plugin SVActorPosition.js . Without actually directly linking the plugin itself. As if it was some mythical beast. But the plugin works great and I found it over at this Link

The sites in Japanese and forces you to register for an account but that is the only way I was able to find this mythical creature

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

RPG MZ multiplayer in development
Square-Enix, why you didn't released the classic Dragon Quests on Steam yet? :kaocry:
This is by far my most favorite boss monster I've made, its name is Gosck
Froggo is back after a long break!
SF_People1_1 added!
index.php

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Twigsmcsquids