RMMV Swap OpenGL/Canvas render mode in Scene_Battle and Scene_Map

mastervnc

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi everybody. For example, when I go to Scene_Battle, can I switch to Canvas mode? Then when the battle is over and back to Scene_Map, I want to change it back to WebGL. Is this possible? Thanks!

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
it wont be possible so far I know, most scenes are already canvas and already in webGL
if you deploy it, and use it on the web.

some plugins dont work in webGL because on how the plugin is made and only workable
on desktop which is canvas.

you cannot just basicly switch between canvas or webGL, while playtesting is already
part of webGL as it runs in some chrome window.

mastervnc

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks for the reply, I have a problem that when using Canvas mode on the phone it is very slow, only 10FPS, but if i open the Menu or go to Battle, the FPS will be 60, so is there any way to disable animations or shadows in Scene_Map?

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you didn't told it was adroid before and the issue.

while android of phone can be good and bad performence, yanfly has an plugin
to disable animation if there are to many (like water or beach)

here is the animated tile option from yanfly [Link], however, there is none for shadow,
while it doesn't really animated.

there might be other ways, but I dont know if this can fix the issue entirely,
not sure if there is something for phones, because I think phones already use some
kind of WebGL, and not the canvas, but I cannot tell that for sure.

caethyril

^_^
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
EN
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Canvas mode can be several times slower than WebGL; it's a CPU-based fallback available in case the system is not capable of WebGL. If the system is capable of WebGL, the game will use that exclusively to render using the system's GPU, reducing CPU load [edit: unless using integrated graphics] and generally improving framerates.

Mobile systems have limited CPU/RAM; fancy effects like lighting, dynamic shadows, particle effects, etc may simply be too much.

Also @ShadowDragon: it's common for fancy graphical plugins (filters, particles, etc) to require WebGL...I've never heard of something requiring Canvas over WebGL, though. :kaoswt2:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

YAY!!! My third help Guide STEAM integration in MV (High performance) has been posted!

Both the polls for the 3rd Original Character Contest ended with 5th place ties! So let's break those ties. Vote now for your favorite of the ones tied!

werewolf and his friends added!!

YAY! I just posted my third Guide! Setting up STEAM Integration in RPG Maker MV WITH updated NW.js (huge performance update)
rux
MUCLSES!!! :epicface: :epicface:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kankuro