Swaping inventory Items with items in the environment, while still being able to retreive them later

Jericoshost

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
If the title is a bit confusing, I essentially want the system that was used in the game Resident Evil: Outbreak (Bio-hazard in japan I believe) 1 & 2, where you could swap any item in your inventory for one in the environment and come back for it later.

I want to do this using variables (Seems the most likely to work) or events, but I don't know how.

So I am looking for help and tips on figuring the system out.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
There is a script (from tsukihime if I remember correctly) that allows you to place items on the map and saves them.

It is almost impossible to do with events alone as you have to prepare the event for that - basically that means it's only possible without scripts if you limit your number of possible items to very few.

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, search for Tsukihime's script. It lets you drop items from your inventory to anywhere on a map and you can pick it up later. I don't know if you could EXCHANGE items easily - a little tweaking to the script may be needed (of course, you could make the player pick up an item from the map using regular events, but to "exchange" you would need to force them to replace it with something from inventory, which is where the tweaking to script may come in - not let them exit without dropping something)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

The second draft of my script is almost done, and I don't think I'm going to write a third draft. I'll make changes to dialogue here and there, but I'm happy with the series of events the way they are.
How you feel about font and dialogue box changing for every main character while the minor cast and regular npc get their own styles? Too much?
Just found an obviously custom effect (i.e. edited by me) in my resources>sounds folder called "rip jaw off". Dear Lord what is wrong with me as a person that at some point I needed a sound *specifically* for THAT??
(...rhetorical question.)
so like with the whole 'familiarity breeds contempt thingy', how are you supposed to tell if your title screen/battle music gets really tedious after a few dozen plays or if you're just personally hella sick of it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JesuProYT